Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quite remarkable how every thread drifts toward anti-DA. The obsession is past weird and into troubling category.

Is it just soccer threads where you take these threads - or all sports? Like are you in talking-basketball.com and a question about Mobile Alabama biddy league and you chime in with “DA sucks”?

Does it go beyond sports? Are you on knitting forums making the same claims? How far does it go?
    It’s anti-DA because the DB posted that all other soccer sucks.

Comment

You know, she could have just been on a DA roster as a place holder until the good players returned from prep school. Did she get into any DA games in the Spring or was her PT all in the fall? :)
      Placeholder! Is that a joke? If you’re on DA team are you not on a DA team?

Comment

Yes, I have seen this also. It appears the GDA's have a hard time with the more physical game. A little bit of athletic pressure neutralizes the footwork.
        It wasn’t the physical play. It was the lack of ability to play at a fast pace and the awareness to pass the ball timely. She would try her fancy foot skills that dad paid for instead of making the correct play. Don’t even ask about shooting. Do they practice that at all?

Comment

League status only reveals how much you pay to play nowadays.
          Lots of mediocre players at the so called top leagues.
          Don’t believe the hype. They want you to drink the kool aid for big profits.
          There’s a sucker born every minute.

Comment

[QUOTE=Delusional;2554545]Oh boy. Went to a tourney this weekend for mid level u14 boys. NEP - yikes, it is truly rec soccer.

There should only be one "competitive team" Da

How long have you been watching club soccer? nothing New here. I have a question for you. Who gives a sh*t if it’s great soccer our lousy? If the boys are having fun isn’t that what it’s all about? Its not like 96% of the kids will do anything with soccer after club. Enjoy watching your kid and not worry about if it’s rec level of play.

Comment

Only a true troll dbag would ask such a question.Congrats.

Comment

Quite remarkable how every thread drifts toward anti-DA. The obsession is past weird and into troubling category.

Is it just soccer threads where you take these threads - or all sports? Like are you in talking-basketball.com and a question about Mobile Alabama biddy league and you chime in with “DA sucks”?

Does it go beyond sports? Are you on knitting forums making the same claims? How far does it go?
                Phew! GDA dad is here to police the thread! I was getting worried that we were actually going to have a conversation without this guy popping in to remind us it's creepy or obsessive or weird to discuss DA. Only if it's in a negative light, of course.

Don't worry, pal. Your kid is still super special
                I mean, her patch says so, right?

Comment

It is rather funny how some parents worry so much about labels and want to spend so much time worrying about which label is better. Here is something to ponder. Take the current best international pro players (in any sport mind you) and put them all on one team. Even amongst the best of the best you are going to have your top 2-3 all world stars and then the starting lineup will be filled out with players that are considered the top players in their position. Once you get past the starting line up you are talking about the second bests and you are still going to have 2-3 bubble players that could be changed out for any myriad of similar players. How many times have you heard people refer to those type of players as "stiffs" or "bums" (even at the level of the best of the best) simply because they aren't the best. It's no different with the constant DA vs Non DA or D1 vs D3 battles on this site. The reality is there are stars in this world and everyone else is a wannabe.

Comment

Phew! GDA dad is here to police the thread! I was getting worried that we were actually going to have a conversation without this guy popping in to remind us it's creepy or obsessive or weird to discuss DA. Only if it's in a negative light, of course.

Don't worry, pal. Your kid is still super special
                    I mean, her patch says so, right?
                    Aaah...yep, the personal attacks start when you can't come up with a valid reason to go on an anti-DA rant about yet another unrelated subject.

Let me know how the ole' bitties at talking-knit-one-pearl-two.com feel about DA after you get through with them....

Comment

Placeholder! Is that a joke? If you’re on DA team are you not on a DA team?
                      In most DA clubs, each team has 4-6 placeholders to get through the fall until their waivered players get back from high school soccer .... so, you tell me, are the spring rosters exactly the same as their fall rosters? Are the starters the same on most GDA teams U15 and up? Is the PT doled out the same between those seasons? So, I think 'placeholders' is a very apt term for many of the kids that gave up HS for GDA (many of who would not make varsity until at least junior year).

Comment

In most DA clubs, each team has 4-6 placeholders to get through the fall until their waivered players get back from high school soccer .... so, you tell me, are the spring rosters exactly the same as their fall rosters? Are the starters the same on most GDA teams U15 and up? Is the PT doled out the same between those seasons? So, I think 'placeholders' is a very apt term for many of the kids that gave up HS for GDA (many of who would not make varsity until at least junior year).
                        So you're saying a GDA level player wouldn't make Varsity until junior year? Love to see that HS team play.

Comment

So you're saying a GDA level player wouldn't make Varsity until junior year? Love to see that HS team play.
                          Good point .... in the Northeast, it might take until senior year since the GDA is so bad!! Almost all of the top teams have already left. Their replacements are stellar though! YIKES! Start with a bunch of NPL clubs, add some ECNL big dawgs and the product wasnt great. Now, remove the ECNL big dawgs and replace them with whatever was left ..... DOUBLE YIKES! Chicken Little, I hate to tell you this, but the sky is falling on GDA .... oh yeah, and DA as well. USSF is losing control ..... and that, will be a very good thing.

Comment

Good point .... in the Northeast, it might take until senior year since the GDA is so bad!! Almost all of the top teams have already left. Their replacements are stellar though! YIKES! Start with a bunch of NPL clubs, add some ECNL big dawgs and the product wasnt great. Now, remove the ECNL big dawgs and replace them with whatever was left ..... DOUBLE YIKES! Chicken Little, I hate to tell you this, but the sky is falling on GDA .... oh yeah, and DA as well. USSF is losing control ..... and that, will be a very good thing.
                            #obsessed

Comment

#obsessed
                              #DACronie #Homer #Clueless

Comment

This thread is about NEP. How did even this one devolve to DA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X