X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Different poster....

Maybe don't offer up information on an anonymous online forum that could potentially identify who your 14 year old kid is....

Is bragging about the league your kid plays in really worth it?
    I never bragged. I gave a review of the program after our first year, pluses and minuses. Some of the items mentioned gave it away, which was an unfortunate mistake.

Comment

Like you said, there's more than one poster and more than one have disagreed with your assessment of GDA at SUSC.
      Yes, there's lots of opinions.

Only one is making it personal about an individual player, though....

Comment

I don’t have any dog in this pi**ing match between you two, but I will generally think the one ridiculing a teenage girl is the bigger a-hole. Just sayin’.
        That's fine...you can call me an a-hole. I happen to think rain man with the dictionary quotes over there is a real douche, but we're all entitled to our opinions. Well, unless it's not pro-DA. Then he'll shut you down faster than you can type.

Comment

Yes, there's lots of opinions.

Only one is making it personal about an individual player, though....
          For the love of God. Play the victim card much?

Comment

I never bragged. I gave a review of the program after our first year, pluses and minuses. Some of the items mentioned gave it away, which was an unfortunate mistake.
            Dude. Come on. You gave it away long before then. You've been running your mouth since last fall.

Your review was actually insightful.

Comment

For the love of God. Play the victim card much?
              I guess if you want to call it that, sure. I mean, trying to be respectful of the various and players and saying anything positive means an attack, then victim I am.

Comment

OK, I think this thread was healthy. And I think we have come to some agreements.

-NEP is not Rec soccer. While there is some crossover in quality (like all leagues), NEP is typically at the higher end. And of course there are many of the same players from NEP...even NPL that play in the town leagues also, so the question is moot.

-Calling out children is a no-go. This is obvious, even if a poster accidentally revealed information.

-While GDA is currently tertiary to ECNL and NPL in quality, the league is progressing and finding it's way. This is normal, market forces and company/club strategy will dictate the outcome.

Comment

OK, I think this thread was healthy. And I think we have come to some agreements.

-NEP is not Rec soccer. While there is some crossover in quality (like all leagues), NEP is typically at the higher end. And of course there are many of the same players from NEP...even NPL that play in the town leagues also, so the question is moot.

-Calling out children is a no-go. This is obvious, even if a poster accidentally revealed information.

-While GDA is currently tertiary to ECNL and NPL in quality, the league is progressing and finding it's way. This is normal, market forces and company/club strategy will dictate the outcome.
                  LOL way to work in that dig at a league at the end there. Disguising the troll within an otherwise reasonable post is excellent tactics!

Comment

LOL way to work in that dig at a league at the end there. Disguising the troll within an otherwise reasonable post is excellent tactics!
                    It's an opinion, not a dig. Just because something doesn't align with your agenda it doesn't become a "troll" or dig.

Comment

Enough with the hyperbole. No child was "called out". Calling out a child would mean that another poster could reasonably identify them. Was a name, initial, number, or even position stated? Nope. I've seen much worse (i.e. "the striker from the 04 XYZ Team"). Zero identifying info was called out here. If the guy put out enough info that he thinks the other poster knows who his kid is, then that's on him. I read every post in this thread and for a million dollars couldn't identify the kid in question.

Comment

Enough with the hyperbole. No child was "called out". Calling out a child would mean that another poster could reasonably identify them. Was a name, initial, number, or even position stated? Nope. I've seen much worse (i.e. "the striker from the 04 XYZ Team"). Zero identifying info was called out here. If the guy put out enough info that he thinks the other poster knows who his kid is, then that's on him. I read every post in this thread and for a million dollars couldn't identify the kid in question.
                        Whether or not the poster actually identified a player in the site not, he/she had absolutely revealed that they are a stalker of youth soccer players. Creepy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X