X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    -
    At least there aren't paparazzi showing up at THPRD to watch the Thorns practice....
    Whoa, easy there. The teams are so bad that -nobody- shows up to watch.

There’s always plenty of empty parking spaces.

Comment

I hope she is very successful.

It's typical if* her parents are running her social media and trying to help her with her profile, marketability At the end of the day it's professional women's soccer. That's really not worth a whole compared to golf, tennis, snowboarding, bowling, etc.. You have to strike while the iron's hot.

I'm sure the parents put in a lot of time, effort and their own money "sacrificing" for her success. I wouldn't say this is Mccaully Culken stuff just yet.

Cut them some slack.

(No I don't follow her on social media and yes it's a little creepy unless you are in media, NT coach level, peer, friend, player teenage girl etc."

Comment

She is a 14 year old kid. They are not her peers. And her dad setting up her twitter and Instagram security settings to public means he’s inviting creeps like me to follow her. But hey there’s no such thing as bad publicity and you gotta rake in the cash while people are still interested in her right?
        Maybe you should not care about privacy settings, be an adult stop being creepy.

Comment

Maybe you should not care about privacy settings, be an adult stop being creepy.
          She is a professional athlete and is on Nike commercials. They want you to follow her that is why it is public and they tweet from her account. Do you not get that? Why do you think she has 113K followers on Instagram.

Comment

She is a professional athlete and is on Nike commercials. They want you to follow her that is why it is public and they tweet from her account. Do you not get that? Why do you think she has 113K followers on Instagram.
            It has nothing to do with soccer and everything to do with media & image. Just look at what California people who knew them say. Follow the money.

Comment

IDK, I think that's a bit weird to follow a 14 year old girl. Unless you are maybe a trainer, or coach and you follow her from your business/coach account.

If your just some soccer dad and you follow her, that's totally creepy.

Comment

IDK, I think that's a bit weird to follow a 14 year old girl. Unless you are maybe a trainer, or coach and you follow her from your business/coach account.

Is it creepy to follow her if its really her dad running it?

Asking for a friend...

Comment

It has nothing to do with soccer and everything to do with media & image. Just look at what California people who knew them say. Follow the money.
                  That's why it's called "public relations".

"Oh no! A semi-famous person is using social media to manage her public image! The horror! The outrage! The in-DIG-nity!"

Comment

She is a professional athlete and supposedly has around $300K in endorsement contracts so I think the tweets are meant to be read.
                    She is NOT a professional athlete. She gets endorsement money from Nike, but she is not paid to play any sport

Comment

She is NOT a professional athlete. She gets endorsement money from Nike, but she is not paid to play any sport
                      Ok.. she is not a professional athlete but has signed with a sports agency and has a Nike sponsorship contract. She also lost her eligibility to play on college, but I guess she is not a professional athlete.

Comment

Ok.. she is not a professional athlete but has signed with a sports agency and has a Nike sponsorship contract. She also lost her eligibility to play on college, but I guess she is not a professional athlete.
                        She has parents who know how to create and then cash in on an image. Everyone has different priorities and the kid seems to be enjoying all the money and attention so who cares?

Comment

Yep, very creepy

*not ironic I got the trump question to post as well *

Comment

She has parents who know how to create and then cash in on an image. Everyone has different priorities and the kid seems to be enjoying all the money and attention so who cares?
                            Yeah, um...image?

Maybe she's just a good soccer player?

Unless you are in high school, you shouldn't be following a 14 year old girl on Instagram or Twitter.

Comment

I guess you don't get the part about athletes using social media to promote their brand and image. This is done on purpose. That is why they "buy" followers.

Are you really that stupid and don't get it?

If the tweets are not meant to be read then the accounts are private.

Also Oliva is a professional athlete and has over $300K in endorsement contracts. The $300K was already stated by her dad.

If you wanted to make your own tweets public (regardless of how much you paid for soccer travel), I would say your tweets are open game on this public. You should try it and post something bad about your daughter's coach or teammates. I am sure it will end up here.

She's a kid being used by and promoted by her father. She isn't a brand, he created it. It's gross. If she's any good then let her be a kid outside the public eye and see where she takes her soccer career. Other than endorsements (which are less than quoted) being a professional female player isn't exactly a profitable one.

Comment

What kid wouldn't like the attention? She's a kid and doesn't fully understand the long term impact her parent's choices will mean for her.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X