Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Michigan had only 4-5 total shots..maybe 1 SOG. No way desires seeded slot. PSU played WI way better.
    *no way deserves...
    Stinking auto correct.

Comment

Refs gave Rutgers that game. Called a weak foul/PK in OT in FT vs her old PDA doc and coaches (the rutgers head coach and the female asst head). Comeon.
      *weak foul on FT versus old coach/pda staff for PK.
      Auto correct again. My apologies

Comment

Arizona 3 UCLA 0

Wow! Were Fleming and Company off at International events?
        GK T.Michah away at international events for past several games (Cal & AZ). AC needs to back up shop soon.

Comment

Refs gave Rutgers that game. Called a weak foul/PK in OT in FT vs her old PDA doc and coaches (the rutgers head coach and the female asst head). Comeon.
          I'm not usually one to question the refs, but it seems like this season every game I watch is one of two extremes - One is being referred like its a U10 game and every ticky tack thing is called which seems to be the trend or 2, nothing at all gets called.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but I come from a mindset where the ref should not be part of the action, good or bad. It seems like every game they are front and center.

Comment

I'm not usually one to question the refs, but it seems like this season every game I watch is one of two extremes - One is being referred like its a U10 game and every ticky tack thing is called which seems to be the trend or 2, nothing at all gets called.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but I come from a mindset where the ref should not be part of the action, good or bad. It seems like every game they are front and center.
            Agreed. They are supposed to be part of the field; not making silly calls that decide the games. The leagues need to get on top of that. Making sure the players are safe should always happen. But in OT no PK should be called unless egregious.

Didn't we learn from the recent WC games over refereeing isn't needed. Would love to see the ball with the chip technology implemented in college though.

Comment

On another note, So University of St. Thomas will join D1 (Summit League) in 2021. D1 in St. Thomas? Sounds wonderful but for hurricane season. So teams in Summit League will be making the trip to St. Thomas it seems.

Not that they will be competitive, but who cares, you're in St. Thomas.

Comment

Northeastern 2 Hofstra 2

Preview of CAA Championship?
                Indeed.

Comment

Northeastern 2 Hofstra 2

Preview of CAA Championship?
                  Announcer said Hofstra has 10 international girls on roster. That seems high for a school like Hofstra...

Comment

Announcer said Hofstra has 10 international girls on roster. That seems high for a school like Hofstra...
                    You must be new. Hofstra has had that UK pipeline for years and years.

Comment

Agreed. They are supposed to be part of the field; not making silly calls that decide the games. The leagues need to get on top of that. Making sure the players are safe should always happen. But in OT no PK should be called unless egregious.

Didn't we learn from the recent WC games over refereeing isn't needed. Would love to see the ball with the chip technology implemented in college though.
                      It’s a chicken and egg on whether the refs or the players are more the problem. I do see the same things you see where refs tend to call every Neymar flop or trip (or miss them entirely); but at the same time, the level of physical play seems unnecessary. How many times do you see players clearly fouling each other without even having the ball? It’s sloppy play and I don’t know where players learned this stuff or why coaches tolerate it.

Comment

Isn't the head coach originally from England? Also, wasn't he supposed to be leaving for another program? That was the scuddlebutt on the street the end of last season.

Comment

It’s a chicken and egg on whether the refs or the players are more the problem. I do see the same things you see where refs tend to call every Neymar flop or trip (or miss them entirely); but at the same time, the level of physical play seems unnecessary. How many times do you see players clearly fouling each other without even having the ball? It’s sloppy play and I don’t know where players learned this stuff or why coaches tolerate it.
                          Agreed. I've seen some off the ball straight up tackles not called. Kids get concussed that way (from the jolt and/or when their heads hit the ground). Should not only be a card, but a fine. If the teams had to pay fines for these kids, they wouldn't tolerate it.

Comment

Hahaha...seems the UKers like it in Loooong Island. I guess JFK airport being right there and all. Easy travel.

Comment

Hahaha...seems the UKers like it in Loooong Island. I guess JFK airport being right there and all. Easy travel.
                              They think it's NYC. LOL

Coach is in 14th season, 19th at Hofstra, so he seems pretty entrenched.

4 UK
                              3 Germany
                              1 Australia
                              1 New Zealand
                              1 Sweden

My D has played them and said that everyone who talked out there had an accent. They sub very little, usually no more than 2-3 a game.

Comment

They think it's NYC. LOL

Coach is in 14th season, 19th at Hofstra, so he seems pretty entrenched.

4 UK
                                3 Germany
                                1 Australia
                                1 New Zealand
                                1 Sweden

My D has played them and said that everyone who talked out there had an accent. They sub very little, usually no more than 2-3 a game.
                                Haha.
                                They are on Looooong-ch Island. Even the Islanders speak with an accent. Did you ever see my cousin Vinny? The two of youds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X