X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop crying because your kid isn't good enough

Comment

I was waiting for the typical TS response. Great rebuttal. Thanks. Go take more money from some families and convince them that they are great and their only option is to stay with you because it's D1 or bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        you guys love the smoke and mirrors of D1 this or D3 that. Just a bunch of wanna be coaches trying to preach to their greatest to the lowly state of Connecticut. You have contributed to an environment that is nothing about soccer players and everything about ego, cause really, who gives a f$#k what college they go to if their soccer career ends there? Or in many cases, never really starts because they went to a school based on "division" and not whether or not it fit them and their level. Keep bragging about your club and your D1 lists, whatever makes you feel good in the moment. Can't wait to see your stats on final college careers and how that D1 lifestyle turned out for them.
        So the kids playing at the Ivy’s or big 10 schools aren’t smaaat?
        What about Stanford, UCLA, Nova Temple, GT, wake no doctors lawyers or engineers from those schools?
        Guess it granola or bust

Comment

We dont care either. It's soccer .... like all of you in other divisions, we tolerate this ugly game only when are kids are active participants or an American team is in the World Cup .... other than that .... it's soccer.
          That’s the facts JACK!!!!!

Comment

versus many of the bottom dwelling D1 programs like Iona, Sacred Heart and Wagner?
            Wagner.....they list two exhibition games by a combined score of 0-11. They got that ct kid on the team. I think she was another Yankee standout.

Comment

So the kids playing at the Ivy’s or big 10 schools aren’t smaaat?
              What about Stanford, UCLA, Nova Temple, GT, wake no doctors lawyers or engineers from those schools?
              Guess it granola or bust
              Nova, temple and gt dont belong in that conversation

Comment

Wagner.....they list two exhibition games by a combined score of 0-11. They got that ct kid on the team. I think she was another Yankee standout.
                How would you even know that?

Comment

Nah. The big girl from YU and NDF couldn’t cut D1. She stayed on Staten Island and plays on a D3 team that lost 0 5 and 0 6 so far this year. Another example of YU promoting a kid beyond their ability.

Comment

Nova, temple and gt dont belong in that conversation
                    they arent good schools?

Comment

they arent good schools?
                      Good schools yes, but so so soccer programs is the poster’s point I think.

Comment

Good schools yes, but so so soccer programs is the poster’s point I think.
                        Nova...expensive...average
                        Temple.....if you want to go to an average school, and pay a lot to live a block from the slums, fine. Gt...don’t know much about it, but let’s just say I never saw it on a best of anything list. Way down below the mason dixon line... if your kid is majoring in segregation and racism, it is probably a great school.

Comment

Temple.....if you want to go to an average school, and pay a lot to live a block from the slums, fine. Gt...don’t know much about it, but let’s just say I never saw it on a best of anything list. Way down below the mason dixon line... if your kid is majoring in segregation and racism, it is probably a great school.
                          Georgia Tech is a very good school for the right major (engineering). And it’s in Atlanta, not Macon. Hahahaha. Not exactly red neck haven. Temple is also a good school, as is Nova. What you are missing is that more often than not, it is the network and notoriety that help students after college. Amherst has terrific academics but outside of the northeast, you’d be surprised how many people haven’t heard of it.

Comment

The average starting salary for a Villanova grad is higher than that of a NESCAC school. Probably in part to name recognition and part due to the NESCAC and Ivy have degrees that often require a graduate degree beyond undergrad.

Comment

The average starting salary for a Villanova grad is higher than that of a NESCAC school. Probably in part to name recognition and part due to the NESCAC and Ivy have degrees that often require a graduate degree beyond undergrad.
                              http://money.com/money/best-colleges...herst-college/
                              http://money.com/money/best-colleges...va-university/

Look, I never said Villanova sucks, I just said it didn’t belong in the conversation with the Ivy League schools and Stanford. To the guy that compared it to Amherst, academically, they aren’t close as determined by acceptance rate and avg sat score. They cost about the same. For a low income student, Villanova is about 4-5x more expensive. Grads start at about the same.
                              For the everybody at a nescac school is racist guy, vanillanova it 75 percent white. Amherst is 43 percent white. The 5 percent black of the ~7k enrollment that are black means there are 350 blacks at the school. Take out the basketball and football athletes and you get what you get at a school that is sits on the door step to philly, a city that is 43 percent black.

Comment

http://money.com/money/best-colleges...herst-college/
                                http://money.com/money/best-colleges...va-university/

Look, I never said Villanova sucks, I just said it didn’t belong in the conversation with the Ivy League schools and Stanford. To the guy that compared it to Amherst, academically, they aren’t close as determined by acceptance rate and avg sat score. They cost about the same. For a low income student, Villanova is about 4-5x more expensive. Grads start at about the same.
                                For the everybody at a nescac school is racist guy, vanillanova it 75 percent white. Amherst is 43 percent white. The 5 percent black of the ~7k enrollment that are black means there are 350 blacks at the school. Take out the basketball and football athletes and you get what you get at a school that is sits on the door step to philly, a city that is 43 percent black.
                                you need a life

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X