Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bernie lost everything and that is why he is publicly bitching about it. The keys were the solidarity payments and MLS not getting the top kids. It was all about greed and money. Bernie underestimated that MLS owners were more greedy than he was. Yes, he "won" with FIFA, but he lost. The best players will go Sounders and parents will sign anything to have a chance at pro. Bernie will get the second stringers that will have no chance to go pro. College, yes. Pro, no. MLS owns USSoccer.

Girl side was a spectacular flame out. Holy crap. I mean, HOLY CRAP. Bernie could have kept his monopoly with ECNL and locked out other clubs. He could have received two ECNL teams like other ECNL by going all-in, but he delayed because he wanted to protect the boy's DA. ECNL punished him by allowing 3 clubs to get ECNL. I have to laugh. Did he really think he can fight the MLS clubs and USSoccer at the same time? He doesn't care about the girl's side. It is always about the boy's side. Now, he has none. I am glad my kid is already in recruiting age and don't need this drama. I feel bad for the ulittle parents to have to go through this bullcr@p.
    MLS, hahahaha. You think MLS is good for US soccer, then you aren't paying attention. It's a South American league that does nothing for most US players. Second stringers, you might take a look at the results. As for Pro's, I mean real pro's not players on the worst USL team in the country, show me where the Sounders are producing real Pro's out of the academy system. The Sounders don't even want an Academy, they just couldn't take getting beat by a local club so the forced Xfire out.
    I am not sure what you mean about he has none, the boys Academy will be very competitive and the girls will run over the ECNL league, and already beat the crap out of the Reign and they are left with nobody to play.

Comment

Nice post Pete.....

Comment

Here is a late interjection - isn't it true that this DA team that is seemingly relegated here is the "second" Xfire team? Didn't their top level team go to BECNL? Or do I have that wrong?

Comment

You have it wrong, the relegated team is the two time U-19 league champion. On the girls side Crossfire left the DA and went to ECNL. On the boys side they also have ECNL.

Comment

Well that is pretty f**ked then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X