Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true FSA & CFC are ditching NPL teams for an ECNL “2” feeder team?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true FSA & CFC are ditching NPL teams for an ECNL “2” feeder team?

I heard a rumor that FSA and CFC are switching their NPL teams to a league at ECNL called ECNL2. The “2” teams cannot qualify for ENPL and is just a feeder for ECNL. Considering that NPL teams have done just as well as ECNL in the ENPL playoffs, it makes no sense. Instead of having 2 chances for their program to qualify ENPL, there is only 1 now? If I’m one of the parents that decided to stay NPL due to travel despite having a child good enough for ECNL, I would be pissed considering that it was not communicated BEFORE tryouts. I have a feeling that, if true, there are going to be a lot of angry parents calling out the program directors and coaches. Smart thing to do is table it a year to communicate BEFORE tryouts so the players/parents can make an INFORMED decision. So, can anyone confirm/deny the rumor?

I heard its true on girls side. not sure about boys

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I heard its true on girls side. not sure about boys
      interesting. would love to know whats the deal with the boys.

Comment

It's a re-branding

Comment

The entire NE conference moved to ECNL regional league. (ECNL2)

Comment

Does that mean no possibility of ENPL finals for the ECNL2 teams? If so that is 100% downgrade for the NPL team. And it should have been communicated. Can’t wait for those CFC NPL parents to find out. They are going to be livid. While not a CFC fan, I feel bad for the parents and kids who were taken for a ride by not being told. Kind of sad if you think about it.

Comment

I heard a rumor that FSA and CFC are switching their NPL teams to a league at ECNL called ECNL2. The “2” teams cannot qualify for ENPL and is just a feeder for ECNL. Considering that NPL teams have done just as well as ECNL in the ENPL playoffs, it makes no sense. Instead of having 2 chances for their program to qualify ENPL, there is only 1 now? If I’m one of the parents that decided to stay NPL due to travel despite having a child good enough for ECNL, I would be pissed considering that it was not communicated BEFORE tryouts. I have a feeling that, if true, there are going to be a lot of angry parents calling out the program directors and coaches. Smart thing to do is table it a year to communicate BEFORE tryouts so the players/parents can make an INFORMED decision. So, can anyone confirm/deny the rumor?
              Did you come out of a cave recently, old news dude

Comment

6 in one, 1/2 dozen the other. ECNL2 will have national tournament.

ECNL basically took the template for ECNL and overlaid it onto the clubs’ B teams.

Comment

6 in one, 1/2 dozen the other. ECNL2 will have national tournament.

ECNL basically took the template for ECNL and overlaid it onto the clubs’ B teams.
                  Stupid. Diluted a league some want with a league no one wants.

Comment

No cave but we decided not to stay with money grab fsa teams. Headed to cfc

Comment

No cave but we decided not to stay with money grab fsa teams. Headed to cfc
                      Welcome to NPL or ECNL2 or whatever it'll be because United isn't happening without and invite. Don't burn your bridge yet!

Comment

The entire NE conference moved to ECNL regional league. (ECNL2)
                        Exactly. It's just a rebranding of the NPL NE teams to play under the ECNL flag. Girls only for now. Boys ECNL is still struggling and doesn't need more clutter

Comment

Exactly. It's just a rebranding of the NPL NE teams to play under the ECNL flag. Girls only for now. Boys ECNL is still struggling and doesn't need more clutter
                          Girls ecnl also needs no clutter.

Comment

How is Boys ECNL “struggling” exactly?

Comment

Yup, very old news. What is that guy talking about? Parents knew months ago.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X