Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same thing this years u17s will do next year too - NPL where they actually belong in the 1st place.
    Their intent is to keep recruiting from MA (which has been gaining traction) and grow into that age group. We'll see if it comes to fruition.

Comment

What's going on with the 04s? HS is overrated (according to their superfan) so I know that's not why they only had 9 of their own players. I know it's all in the name of development, but jeez. Probably was a lot more fun winning in NPL than embarrassing yourself with own goals in GDA. Sad what the parents will put those kids through so they can tell everyone how elite their kid is.
      You do seem overly concerned with their mindset. I hope everyone my kid comes across in their life shows the concern you do for them.

It's heart-warming.

LOL "Embarassing yourself with an own-goal". If you've ever played a minute of soccer, you realize it happens. No reason to cry. Players commit errors. They fumble, turn the ball over, they're kids for fvck's sake.

Comment

Yep, at what point with your relentless yelling into the wilderness do you realize nobody is listening to you?

Making factually incorrect statements over and over doesn't eventually make it right. You work for CNN?
        Not the poster but it is a fact that DA just took existing teams and clubs and slapped a new badge on the uniforms. Same coaches (based on BDA experience it takes coaches years to get their required higher licenses), mostly same players (not all top players wanted DA and stayed out, often replaced by players that couldn't make ECNL teams). In less than two years at least ten good clubs have left, mostly replaced by weaker ones. Seacoast is now traveling more than ever before to play clubs they used to play under different banners. Are players improving at a faster rate than they would have before? Is any possible incremental difference worth the expense and time?

I know Seacoast and some other clubs felt like they had little choice - NPL was getting weaker and they couldn't get into ECNL - but if you took an anonymous survey of parents? The club wouldn't want to see those results. Staying at a club because your kid has no other good options isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Comment

Not the poster but it is a fact that DA just took existing teams and clubs and slapped a new badge on the uniforms. Same coaches (based on BDA experience it takes coaches years to get their required higher licenses), mostly same players (not all top players wanted DA and stayed out, often replaced by players that couldn't make ECNL teams). In less than two years at least ten good clubs have left, mostly replaced by weaker ones. Seacoast is now traveling more than ever before to play clubs they used to play under different banners. Are players improving at a faster rate than they would have before? Is any possible incremental difference worth the expense and time?

I know Seacoast and some other clubs felt like they had little choice - NPL was getting weaker and they couldn't get into ECNL - but if you took an anonymous survey of parents? The club wouldn't want to see those results. Staying at a club because your kid has no other good options isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
          Responses, in order:

* About 75% the same team for year one, about 60% the same team for year two
          * Different coaches
          * None of the "top" players left, YET
          * Yes, there has been lots of rollover and the league quality has dropped
          * Travelling more, but playing better teams. Only a few were played before as to now and the rest are new
          * Each player is different. Some are not improving as much, some hugely so. Hard to tell "why" (i.e. the player's make up, the club, the competition, genetics, who knows).
          * Is it worth it? Each family is different. Expense is a wash, but certainly more time invested so everyone puts their own value on that.
          * Yes, correct. Little choice and like all clubs, if you are happy with it, you go where they go and don't have any other good options. Some players went to a club in MA specifically for DA, and when the club shifted, they did as well. If you are happy, you roll with it. If you aren't, you don't.

Comment

What's going on with the 04s? HS is overrated (according to their superfan) so I know that's not why they only had 9 of their own players. I know it's all in the name of development, but jeez. Probably was a lot more fun winning in NPL than embarrassing yourself with own goals in GDA. Sad what the parents will put those kids through so they can tell everyone how elite their kid is.
            USSF's decision to split U17s into two teams was nothing but another lame attempt to make more $ and get more bodies. Clubs that were already struggling to field one decent U17 team now have to fill two. One of the few good things about DA is the combined age teams - it pushes the younger ones and makes them better players. This years U16s (mostly sophomores) are in the hot seat. It's a big showcase year for them to try and get interest going for invite mode after 6/15 next year. Juniors are already in the throngs of invites, visits and offers. Joining now as a junior to hope for a better recruiting outcome? Unlikely as most of the better spots will already be gone by the time you get going. You can land plenty of lower level D1 and D3 programs without DA.

Comment

Responses, in order:

* About 75% the same team for year one, about 60% the same team for year two
              * Different coaches
              * None of the "top" players left, YET
              * Yes, there has been lots of rollover and the league quality has dropped
              * Travelling more, but playing better teams. Only a few were played before as to now and the rest are new
              * Each player is different. Some are not improving as much, some hugely so. Hard to tell "why" (i.e. the player's make up, the club, the competition, genetics, who knows).
              * Is it worth it? Each family is different. Expense is a wash, but certainly more time invested so everyone puts their own value on that.
              * Yes, correct. Little choice and like all clubs, if you are happy with it, you go where they go and don't have any other good options. Some players went to a club in MA specifically for DA, and when the club shifted, they did as well. If you are happy, you roll with it. If you aren't, you don't.
              Have to disagree on a few points. Expenses are not a wash - you now have to pay to fly to a minimum of two national events (a third if you make playoffs which is unlikely in SU's case) that have a four day commitment plus travel time. New clubs doesn't necessarily equal better clubs. At least Alby and Empire are now out and LISC is in the Atlantic so you don't have to play them either. NYCFC was a quality club but they're gone now. Different coaches also doesn't guarantee better coaches. How many have the required A or B licenses?

Comment

Donald Trump

With the GDA now in full swing I am lead to believe the introduction of AB from Aztecs was supposed to alleviate the issue of recruitment with his dream of bringing in "A LOT" of players from that club both boys and girls.
                It seems or the reality is he hasnt and will not and to be honest is a bit of a fraud in many peoples eyes.
                Good luck SUSC. Dream on AB PW IS and SUSC
                Bring back CS ......at least he has an idea of what is required both on and off the field and is a realist. .

Comment

You do seem overly concerned with their mindset. I hope everyone my kid comes across in their life shows the concern you do for them.

It's heart-warming.

LOL "Embarassing yourself with an own-goal". If you've ever played a minute of soccer, you realize it happens. No reason to cry. Players commit errors. They fumble, turn the ball over, they're kids for fvck's sake.

Of course I'm concerned about the your D! She's a super duper top player with the patch to prove it! She's a stah!

Soooooooo glad those "different" coaches are really training her!!! Awesome results!

Comment

Bring back CS ......at least he has an idea of what is required both on and off the field and is a realist. .
                    From what I am hearing, the desire to return is there but not necessarily on the receiving end.

Comment

Of course I'm concerned about the your D! She's a super duper top player with the patch to prove it! She's a stah!

Soooooooo glad those "different" coaches are really training her!!! Awesome results!
                      Again, I thank you very much for your overwhelming concern and obsession with her. It's heartwarming knowing there are people out there who cannot go a day without commenting on her development. Truly heartwarming.

Funny, you seem to think about it more than I....

Comment

Not a DA fan but own goals happen, even professionally. You're not exactly making a valid argument.

Comment

Have to disagree on a few points. Expenses are not a wash - you now have to pay to fly to a minimum of two national events (a third if you make playoffs which is unlikely in SU's case) that have a four day commitment plus travel time. New clubs doesn't necessarily equal better clubs. At least Alby and Empire are now out and LISC is in the Atlantic so you don't have to play them either. NYCFC was a quality club but they're gone now. Different coaches also doesn't guarantee better coaches. How many have the required A or B licenses?
                          My biggest question is about the coaches and their lack of licenses.

Comment

Re: Girls, you go to 3 showcases (or playoffs) for U15 and above. YOU don't need to fly, the team does and you pay a fee. I did a study on first year of GDA and last year of NPL, which I posted in another thread, and costs actually went down.

There is a very large increase in gas/hotels - some stay for the long trips, some don't, we do often so it went as a cost increase. But, with NPL tournaments, trips to the Finals and futsal trainings and trips and other expenses/trainings/camps needed (wanted) to augment NPL it was a decrease from the previous year.

If the family DID go to all the showcases, then it would be a very large increase. But, that's not a requirement and most do not.

Comment

Re: Girls, you go to 3 showcases (or playoffs) for U15 and above. YOU don't need to fly, the team does and you pay a fee. I did a study on first year of GDA and last year of NPL, which I posted in another thread, and costs actually went down.

There is a very large increase in gas/hotels - some stay for the long trips, some don't, we do often so it went as a cost increase. But, with NPL tournaments, trips to the Finals and futsal trainings and trips and other expenses/trainings/camps needed (wanted) to augment NPL it was a decrease from the previous year.

If the family DID go to all the showcases, then it would be a very large increase. But, that's not a requirement and most do not.
                              Are you seriously claiming you will drive to FL, CO and CA? Come on. At least pretend to use legitimate comparisons. Many NPL events you can drive to. None of the augmentations are required either, it's up to families how they spend that discretionary money.

Comment

Are you seriously claiming you will drive to FL, CO and CA? Come on. At least pretend to use legitimate comparisons. Many NPL events you can drive to. None of the augmentations are required either, it's up to families how they spend that discretionary money.

No, you just need to attend. You can watch the video later if you want. But, they are team events so parent attending is optional and totally on your own dime. Of course, the Club does charge you a fee to cover it all. With the others, while you could send your kid with another parent, it's on you to go or make those arrangements.

And, yes, none of the augments were required. But, in her mind, they were. They aren't now, so it's the best apples-to-apples comparison that can be made. For example, she doesn't have time for extra sessions since she's already practicing 3-4 times a week. That's a cost savings. Doesn't attend as many summer camps, as she already has pre-season camps. More cost savings. No State Cups and NPL Finals and futsal Nationals and tournaments. It added up more than anticipated since it was pieces vs. lump sums.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be perfectly happy not having to go to NJ/LI for what looks like 5 overnights this year. Some will do them all as day trips, which would save on the hotel fees, but not the gas. Looks like only one is an absolute requirement (already completed) because it was two games in NJ so no getting around that overnight stay.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X