Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ^ good way to put it. People need to focus less on the badge and spend more time finding good coaches for their kids.
    Until what age?
    At some point she needs to be those skills on display

Comment

How so when (just for example) stars 2021 have that number surpassed. That’s just one team
      Each program, not total in aggregate.

Comment

Until what age?
        At some point she needs to be those skills on display
        I hope your daughter has a better grasp of grammar.

If you're not in ECNL or GDA it will take more work to get in front of coaches but it can be done. NPL teams still go to showcases, that's venue #1. You can use the savings from not traveling across the country to spend on school ID events. Most coaches are making their decisions there anyway. They may watch a player for 20 minutes at a showcase and then invite them for further evaluation at the same ID event your D can attend. Just make sure to 1) target carefully/make sue it's a good fit 2) be in touch with coaching staff ahead of the event so you're on their radar, 3) have your club coach call staff to pre-sell you. Coaches know the two big league don't capture all the talent and some of clubs outside that sphere have good reputations. IF your local GDA or ECNL club doesn't work for your family (location, budget) or the coaching is poor don't feel like you HAVE to do it. It all depends on your other options.

Comment

Question isn't GDA suppose to be the ODP? I thought that GDA was where US soccer was going to find players?
          If GDA is not then what's the point of GDA besides being another league?

Comment

Question isn't GDA suppose to be the ODP? I thought that GDA was where US soccer was going to find players?
            USSoccer is going to try to get players from DA, only. I doubt that will work long-term, but may have an affect short-term.

ODP's role in the system had more relevance when good players didn't have the ability to be seen outside a limited geographic area. That's no longer the case as even NEP teams can travel for tournaments all over. However, it will still enable those who are playing in leagues that typically aren't highly attended to "catch up" on that visibility. There will be a smattering of good players there.

GDA really is just another league, at least one that is close to ECNL. It's managed and owned by USSoccer instead of the Clubs themselves, so in theory the wolf isn't in charge of the chicken coop. Where it fits is that there are more players able to play at a higher league, but not enough Clubs available.

Comment

Yes USSF is using GDA as their own one stop shopping for NT selections (they have a few token ECNL players in there but that will go away probably by next year). They do it in BDA but for boys more of the top talent is in BDA (a substantially larger league with no strong #2 competitor). For GDA it's a political and business decision and isn't one that's best for NT player development.

Comment

The point of gda is to crush ecnl and take control of the high end girls soccer market. I think it just created two weakened not so special leagues but oh well. Life goes on.

Comment

Nefc is off to a great start in most age groups. When are stars ECNL rosters posted?

Comment

Nefc is off to a great start in most age groups. When are stars ECNL rosters posted?
                    ECNL rosters are posted now. whats your point

Comment

ECNL rosters are posted now. whats your point
                      DA dad wants to feel better about forcing his kid to do GDA

Comment

^ good way to put it. People need to focus less on the badge and spend more time finding good coaches for their kids.
                        That's what I thought until I realized college coaches weren't coming to my club team's games.

Comment

That's what I thought until I realized college coaches weren't coming to my club team's games.
                          They show up randomly on game day. If they have nothing going on and looking at a particular player.

Comment

So you went somewhere else and guess what.They are still not coming to games.

Comment

So you went somewhere else and guess what.They are still not coming to games.
                              went from zero coaches to 80 coaches with club change. at the same time the development went from excellent to total crap.

Comment

went from zero coaches to 80 coaches with club change. at the same time the development went from excellent to total crap.
                                ^^^^^ Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!! But as long as they have patches on their sleeves!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X