TTL Week 1 in review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My oh my - nothing worse than a ***** mob.

The coach involved has nothing to do with why you hate united. You are sullying a long-time coach, dealing with an injured player and an overwhelmed official crew.

Just please let the judge know how you really feel before ever serving on a jury.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My oh my - nothing worse than a ***** mob.

The coach involved has nothing to do with why you hate united. You are sullying a long-time coach, dealing with an injured player and an overwhelmed official crew.

Just please let the judge know how you really feel before ever serving on a jury.
      Overwhelmed officiating crew 20 minutes into a little kids game?

Lolololololololol

Who ultimately creates this type of environment?

Answer:

Coaches and parents.

Comment

Overwhelmed officiating crew 20 minutes into a little kids game?

Lolololololololol

Who ultimately creates this type of environment?

Answer:

Coaches and parents.
        +official crews who are not working effectively together
        +officials devoid of mentorship on game management

Comment

+official crews who are not working effectively together
          +officials devoid of mentorship on game management
          And the 12 year old girl who - despite coach’s instructions - did not make it to the center line because they were concerned about a crying teammate on the field.

Comment

Someone here is clearly posting as if they were at the game, so instead of putting just partial points about what happened, how about explain what happened. You are saying there was an injured 12 year old on the field and an overwhelmed ref crew, so what happened?

If i had to take a shot in the dark, it sounds like coach wasn't happy with the calls being made (thus the original yellow card) and one of them led to an injury, which the coach is already upset. Then something happened during that dead time when the player was hurt, perhaps bumped an official, or grabbed or pushed an official to get to the player or something like that? Like i said just taking a shot in the dark.

To me that would still constitute an 8 game suspension, but also not warrent kicking him out of the club.

Comment

Seems like the one thing that could set almost any coach off would be if he/she feels the safety of their team is in question. We’ve all seen games that have gotten too physical. Sometimes it intentional, sometimes it’s malicious, sometimes it’s just overly aggressive. It’s something that is really hard to ref, especially for girls.

Comment

Still 07 girls......

Comment

Player safety, SMH.

If the ref insists on playing in a tornado or lighting storm then get after him...

But fouls in the field, the ref doesn't do that.

I hear that crap all the time and SMH. "Safety of the player.." Man, ST_U.

IDK what OYSA process is. Do they enhance a penalty w/o talking to the coach or witnesses?

Their is a hearing this week. Investigatory, appeal?

People need to chill the F out. I see these coaches yelling about this call or that, put on a yellow shirt and see how easy it is.

Comment

Player safety, SMH.

If the ref insists on playing in a tornado or lighting storm then get after him...

But fouls in the field, the ref doesn't do that.

I hear that crap all the time and SMH. "Safety of the player.." Man, ST_U.

IDK what OYSA process is. Do they enhance a penalty w/o talking to the coach or witnesses?

Their is a hearing this week. Investigatory, appeal?

People need to chill the F out. I see these coaches yelling about this call or that, put on a yellow shirt and see how easy it is.
                    Was a state cup game last spring (I won't say what age or what teams) where two players collided (one from each team), knocked heads, and both went to ground. Ref didn't stop play. Coaches for both teams yelled at ref to stop the game, apparently ref said it's nothing, play on. Both coaches continued to object, and one of the coaches was sent off. Game played to completion (the team had another coach on the bench), after the game, that team's OTHER coach got sent off as well.

Apparently, the ejections and suspensions were rescinded by OYSA, because neither coach appears to have placed on the ban list. OTOH, it was the final State Cup game for both teams (group stage game, neither advanced to the knockout round) so perhaps they have a suspension awaiting come next State Cup.

There are some refs out there who are a-holes. Most are not, however--many are merely inexperienced. I'd rather have an inexperienced ref than one who can't control his emotions or temper.

Comment

Still 07 girls......
                      yep, that's the shame of it all. it's contagious throughout our country, in all sports. you likely saw the brawl happen at the 8-9yr old little league this year. sad.

Comment

Was a state cup game last spring (I won't say what age or what teams) where two players collided (one from each team), knocked heads, and both went to ground. Ref didn't stop play.
                        You have presented a scenario I agree hollering to get the refs attention is appropriate. Or tell your own players to kick the ball out to stop play, etc.

I have had referees do something similar.

But after it's stopped, what's the point in telling the referee how messed up he was? You can express it and it's still a judgement call.

I think the issue with referees has gotten so out of control these guys don't even want to have a conversation...they are just so used to being confronted.

Maybe there is some way to do a re-set.

Comment

You have presented a scenario I agree hollering to get the refs attention is appropriate. Or tell your own players to kick the ball out to stop play, etc.

I have had referees do something similar.

But after it's stopped, what's the point in telling the referee how messed up he was? You can express it and it's still a judgement call.

I think the issue with referees has gotten so out of control these guys don't even want to have a conversation...they are just so used to being confronted.

Maybe there is some way to do a re-set.
                          Confront a ref in a measly youth game and you get a warning. Do it again and it’s an automatic yellow. Third time is ejection.

Parents- complain once and a warning is given. Second time they are asked to leave.

This should be the standard. ZERO tolerance.

If you want to bark at refs then go coach at a professional club where who’s get referees that make a career out of reffing. Otherwise go pretend to coach at home in front of the tv

Comment

Some good points.

What about when a ref initiates a confrontation - say after a game has concluded? What does a coach or parent do in that situation?

One would assume that is an exceedingly rare scenario.

Comment

Some good points.

What about when a ref initiates a confrontation - say after a game has concluded? What does a coach or parent do in that situation?

Video it and walk away.

Never heard of such a thing but a referee has authority from the time they arrive on the field until they time they leave.

Two teammates get into a fist fight during warm-ups Red card. The team would not not have to play with 9, but those two players were ineligible.

I saw a pushing match after a game result in a red card. And I've seen a coach dismissed for confronting the ref after a game for a bad call. I guess you're lucky, you don't really serve "that game" and the next....just the next.

Comment

Some good points.

You be an adult and walk away, and report it later. I don't understand why walking away isn't the first thing that goes into peoples minds? why do we have to engage in someone elses poor decision choices.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X