Stars Cup- Fc Stars Boys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First- I absolutely understand the girls leagues. My Daughter has been with Stars for 5 years...united level player
    Second- I am not trashing these boys. Relax. Stating the level of play is poor is not trashing anyone. I have not ID any kids from either team.

Third- really kids develop at different rates? I never knew that. U mean a kid playing united can work his/her way up to the top team? Not often true with Stars top teams as they are quick to find the next best player from xyz club. They do not develop talent on there lower teams. I guess you know that if your kid is on a top team with stars.

What’s the problem with acknowledging poor play and saying some kids should go back to town soccer?

I have three kids. One plays for GPS red elite (good player but not DA level at this point). 2nd kid plays on GPS regional team . Bottom of roster player. And a daughter with Stars Blue elite team that was once united....

Comment

Kids rarely work their way up team levels because most kids lack the motivation to put in the exceptional amount of work it takes to improve fast enough. Most parents lack the soccer knowledge to know if their kid is able to work his/her way up. I know several kids who have made it from a third level team to a top level team at stars. All the hardest workers on the original teams. All with parents who played soccer themselves so understood the process. Again. Lots of kids have one or two legs of the stool but most don’t have the grueling work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Kids rarely work their way up team levels because most kids lack the motivation to put in the exceptional amount of work it takes to improve fast enough. Most parents lack the soccer knowledge to know if their kid is able to work his/her way up. I know several kids who have made it from a third level team to a top level team at stars. All the hardest workers on the original teams. All with parents who played soccer themselves so understood the process. Again. Lots of kids have one or two legs of the stool but most don’t have the grueling work ethic.
        What age group are you saying you have seen kids move up from the lower teams? Maybe at the lower age groups ie u10-u12. Very rarely will you see “several” kids move up at u13 and up. Nothing to do with kids working hard. They are simply looking to take kids from other clubs that they perceive to be better players. They would rather take those kids than develop players on there own club at lower levels. Some high level kids do work hard as you mention, but let’s be honest, many kids have god given talent/athletic ability and don’t need to work hard. I watch my kids ecnl team (Stars 05G blue) and see kids who really don’t improve there skill outside of what they do with the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What age group are you saying you have seen kids move up from the lower teams? Maybe at the lower age groups ie u10-u12. Very rarely will you see “several” kids move up at u13 and up. Nothing to do with kids working hard. They are simply looking to take kids from other clubs that they perceive to be better players. They would rather take those kids than develop players on there own club at lower levels. Some high level kids do work hard as you mention, but let’s be honest, many kids have god given talent/athletic ability and don’t need to work hard. I watch my kids ecnl team (Stars 05G blue) and see kids who really don’t improve there skill outside of what they do with the club.
          Regarding moving up a level or two within a club, it rarely happens because for a vast majority of kids, there is a ceiling for their god given ability, or lack thereof. They will always be a B player no matter how hard they try and train.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X