Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Carli Lloyd ever kick a field goal in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ok dude. if you weren't the original poster who said "No one’s scouting baseball pitchers to be QBs so why look to soccer players to be football kickers?" then don't reply as if you are azzhat.
    I didn't make that comment, but I'm comfortable chiming in when I recognize an argument that's positively Trumpian in its stupidity. Own your idiocy, tough guy.

Comment

That reading comprehension thing is still a problem for you, I guess. I never said that no one should scout soccer players to become kickers; that must be another poster. I have no problem with finding kickers from another sport where kicking is a basic skill, because NFL placekicking is a relatively simple skillset when compared to playing soccer. A soccer player would be using only a fraction of his overall athletic skillset to become a football kicker. Conversely (and this is where your limited intellect is failing you), a baseball pitcher would have to dramatically expand his athletic skillset in order to succeed as a quarterback. Here's one simple example (because you wouldn't handle more than that): a pitcher initiates play by receiving a sign to tell him what to throw. He then executes the pitch, and is generally finished with the play. A quarterback initiates a play that can be from a different spot on the field, with a different defense, different offensive teammates - and then must be able to think, react, create as the play evolves. He may have to throw on the run, or with a 270 lb defender crashing into him as he throws.

If you can't understand that, you should have your wife shut off your computer for you. You are too stupid to be online.
      His wife is typing for him. Duh. These TS debates always get dark right before a weekend.

Comment

ok dude. if you weren't the original poster who said "No one’s scouting baseball pitchers to be QBs so why look to soccer players to be football kickers?" then don't reply as if you are azzhat.
        What’s your love affair with QBs? If you were a pitcher, why don’t you feel they compare favorably with QBs?

Comment

comparing QBs and pitchers makes no sense when we're talking about soccer players and kickers *unless* the debate is about PKs trying to play soccer, which it is not.

Comment

What’s your love affair with QBs? If you were a pitcher, why don’t you feel they compare favorably with QBs?
            Because I’m honest.

Pitching is not easy. Keeping the mechanics in place (especially if you’re tall) is challenging, and the mental aspect can be too much if you lose confidence or start thinking too far ahead about things. But those are simply internal demons. The pitcher doesn’t have to make a bunch of rapid fire decions under duress once he’s chosen what pitch to throw where. Quarterbacks that can’t read the defense or quickly work thru their progressions or understand where the blitz is coming from and where his hot read is don’t have a prayer of being successful, no matter how great their arm is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X