Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any updates?
    Surely some visits have passed. What offers emerged?
    Smart parents and players keep their mouths shut.

Comment

Smart parents and players keep their mouths shut.
      Right, but the message was posted to TS.
      Mutually exclusive populations, No?

Comment

Forget 2021, we’re getting close to 2020 NLI time. That’s where the rubber meets the road.

Comment

Forget 2021, we’re getting close to 2020 NLI time. That’s where the rubber meets the road.
          Except all we care about are 21s - even named the thread that way

Comment

that'd be a new thread

Comment

For those interested in 21s and new timeline from 6/15 - Here is our experience
              Pre 6/15 - Interest exchanged via email. College email says “rules prohibit forwarding” Club forwards anyway - NCAA rules don’t apply to club

6/15 Calls come in. National Interest Day
              June - Club tourney season, share schedule they watch

July - ID Camps as needed (qualify these)

August
              - Qualify/Prioritize via phone, Submit Academic info (if not done already)
              - Scheduling Official Visit with travel logistics and NCAA Portal
              - Official Visit - timed with student return and start of classes
              - “Priority” recruits go first, cascade continues through fall
              - Offers may or may not come at end of OV - She got 2 but it was clear that Team/Player input and chemistry matters.
              - No hard deadlines, and all coaches said take time to make right decision, but it was also clear that they needed an answer fairly quickly so that they could move on

September 1
              First wave of announcements

Feels like this process will continue thru at least end of month

Comment

Pre 6/15 - Interest exchanged via email. College email says “rules prohibit forwarding” Club forwards anyway - NCAA rules don’t apply to club

August
                - Offers may or may not come at end of OV - She got 2 but it was clear that Team/Player input and chemistry matters.
                - No hard deadlines, and all coaches said take time to make right decision, but it was also clear that they needed an answer fairly quickly so that they could move on

September 1

Thank you for this info!

I have couple questions for you. When in the year did club coach receive email of interest? Was it after a tournament or after an ID camp? How soon after was the contact?
                Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for this info!

I have couple questions for you. When in the year did club coach receive email of interest? Was it after a tournament or after an ID camp? How soon after was the contact?
                  Thanks.
                  old rules until 5/1, Timing shouldn't be too different, but player initiated calls are eliminated.
                  Emails started spring of her freshmen year. They came immediately after an event.as soon as that night or by Tues of that week.

Added observation is that both sides cast a broad net, and the emails/calls establish focus.
                  I feel like 6/15 will be unworkable without something to indicate player interest and Academic Quals

Comment

I don't see any commitments until official visits happen. Most Div 1 school coaches are trying to focus on getting their season off the ground last and this month. I just can't see any 2021 private school offers until possibly early October. That's just my hunch

Comment

August

September 1

Pretty much same basic timeline with us. Ended up accepting an offer from her #1 choice. It was pretty scary at times, but it all worked out. Looking back it wasn't that bad, but in the middle of it all it is one of the most stressful things we've gone through. Stay relaxed, patient, and active and it will all work out.

Comment

August

September 1

No hard deadlines? I find that hard to believe. You really think the coach wants you shopping their offer around? If you really want to go there lock it in. There are only so many spots.

Comment

I don't see any commitments until official visits happen. Most Div 1 school coaches are trying to focus on getting their season off the ground last and this month. I just can't see any 2021 private school offers until possibly early October. That's just my hunch
                          I think it absolutely extends into October and beyond, but Publics and Privates were hosting OVs in late Aug close to back-to-school (my D went on one each), and extending offers. Some Ivy commitments for 2021 were announced over weekend

Comment

No hard deadlines? I find that hard to believe. You really think the coach wants you shopping their offer around? If you really want to go there lock it in. There are only so many spots.
                            They were diplomatic. These guys are pros. Didn't say "tell my by Tuesday", but they did show empathy about a big decision while reinforcing that offer represented their level of interest and that they would need to finalize it as soon as possible.

Comment

They were diplomatic. These guys are pros. Didn't say "tell my by Tuesday", but they did show empathy about a big decision while reinforcing that offer represented their level of interest and that they would need to finalize it as soon as possible.
                              Most coaches won't give more than 10 days to make your decision. They want to lock in their rosters as soon as possible. If your kid can play they'll still take 'em but the $$$ money dries up fast.

It's a tough decision but if money is important don't wait too long.

Comment

Most coaches won't give more than 10 days to make your decision. They want to lock in their rosters as soon as possible. If your kid can play they'll still take 'em but the $$$ money dries up fast.

It's a tough decision but if money is important don't wait too long.
                                Agree with this. They we’re empathetic, but no way we had even 10 days.
                                It was understood that while we didn’t have to answer right then and there, we didn’t have much more than sleep on it time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X