X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ====
    Fair point. We are in the Manchester area and St. A's came to a few games last year. I would never expect schools like BC, Providence, UMass, Tufts, Merrimack, etc. to show!
    My son played at FPU and they saw him play 3 times his Sr. year. SNHU, Merrimack, and Middlebury saw him play too.

My daughter had all 5 DIII schools recruiting her see her play in HS too. If they are seriously looking at you - "they will come".

Comment

My son played at FPU and they saw him play 3 times his Sr. year. SNHU, Merrimack, and Middlebury saw him play too.

My daughter had all 5 DIII schools recruiting her see her play in HS too. If they are seriously looking at you - "they will come".
      There’s a HUGE difference between D3 and D1 schools.

Comment

There’s a HUGE difference between D3 and D1 schools.
        And again... nobody has argued DI vs DII or III... the NH club system is so watered down In a an already shallow talent pool for scholarship caliber players. You can get all the exposure you want in club - nobody is arguing that point. But the fixation in NH on “DI scholarships” in soccer is laughable. The majority of our kids are DIII talent with about another couple dozen kids capable of DII and a handful each year with DI ability.

It is a myth that colleges won’t see a kid play HS - saw three colleges at a jamboree last week.Yes they were DII and two DIII - but if you want a DI scholarship and you have not been playing NPL or higher for the last 2-4 years - you are not scholarship caliber. That’s a fact.

Comment

And again... nobody has argued DI vs DII or III... the NH club system is so watered down In a an already shallow talent pool for scholarship caliber players. You can get all the exposure you want in club - nobody is arguing that point. But the fixation in NH on “DI scholarships” in soccer is laughable. The majority of our kids are DIII talent with about another couple dozen kids capable of DII and a handful each year with DI ability.

It is a myth that colleges won’t see a kid play HS - saw three colleges at a jamboree last week.Yes they were DII and two DIII - but if you want a DI scholarship and you have not been playing NPL or higher for the last 2-4 years - you are not scholarship caliber. That’s a fact.
          Poster is right on - my daughters varsity team has 22 girls and all but 4 play “club soccer”. In total these girls play for 5 different clubs at 3 different levels. The club system is so weak and rough shot here that playing anything below NPL is essentially Rec soccer.

Comment

Poster is right on - my daughters varsity team has 22 girls and all but 4 play “club soccer”. In total these girls play for 5 different clubs at 3 different levels. The club system is so weak and rough shot here that playing anything below NPL is essentially Rec soccer.
            It's all Rec. All of it. This is from the perspective of a parent that has a combined 10+ years of watching NH NPL level soccer on boys/girls at SUSC/GPS.

Another poster attempted to make the point about team success vs. individual talent. In my opinion, this is absolutely the case. I have watched repeatedly an athletic NPL team that can minimize mistakes and has one difference making goal scorer and a solid GK compete with far superior teams.

Comment

It's all Rec. All of it. This is from the perspective of a parent that has a combined 10+ years of watching NH NPL level soccer on boys/girls at SUSC/GPS.

Another poster attempted to make the point about team success vs. individual talent. In my opinion, this is absolutely the case. I have watched repeatedly an athletic NPL team that can minimize mistakes and has one difference making goal scorer and a solid GK compete with far superior teams.
              I think that's the case with all leagues, and even most sports. A hot GK can always steal a game. Many "better" teams don't always win, a moment of brilliance, not taking the chances, sterile possession, etc. Can always happen. May even happen 3 times out of 10. Jose Mourinho made a career out of it.

Typically the higher level clubs play to win, but their ultimate goal is to position the individual player. It can lead to selfishness. I heard of that creeping into Stars' ECNL teams (2nd hand info, don't shoot me). I don't even think that's to be unexpected, either.
              Playing for your school will always be different. Both have their markets and targets and reach individuals differently. Up to them to decide what they want. Not advocating one over the other.

Comment

So then.... Academy teams in New England are low level club? Is that your point? 😃 This is not a complicated issue here in regards to team success vs individual talent. Maybe you are over-thinking it. No matter what sport/level this will always come into play. Any team (in any sport) with a superstar or two can often win games just due to that alone. This is common. From your post, it appears you seem confused by this concept. Don’t be...

Comment

best coaches to play for in NH Club soccer

... but I digress, did we finish the conversation regarding the best coaches to play for in NH club soccer (boys, girls)? (Not original poster, just curious...)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X