Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Take action? Like getting tossed from a game? Pummeled? My god.

Yep, really the litmus test for "what youth soccer is supposed to be".

Angry excuse making if you can't handle the physical part of the game....
    So a coach makes an assessment that there is unacceptable level of physicality in the game, and that the ref is not officiating the physicality evenly for both teams, and this is something that a coach is just supposed to say "oh well"? That's crazy.

Comment

So a coach makes an assessment that there is unacceptable level of physicality in the game, and that the ref is not officiating the physicality evenly for both teams, and this is something that a coach is just supposed to say "oh well"? That's crazy.
      "Assessment"? You call that an "assessment?" Like...Billy Martin "assessed" that the pitch was clearly outside the strike zone, so he went completely bananas?

Comment

"Assessment"? You call that an "assessment?" Like...Billy Martin "assessed" that the pitch was clearly outside the strike zone, so he went completely bananas?
        Doesn’t sound like you were actually there and saw what he actually did.

Comment

Doesn’t sound like you were actually there and saw what he actually did.
          Oh, I was standing right there. I turned to a parent I was chatting with who was on the team. I turned to her with a shocked look on my face and she said "Ha, he's always like that."

Comment

Oh, I was standing right there. I turned to a parent I was chatting with who was on the team. I turned to her with a shocked look on my face and she said "Ha, he's always like that."
            So he kicked dirt on the ref?

Comment

So he kicked dirt on the ref?
              Gawd....

Comment

Yawn, this is so 2016. Get over it already. I'm sorry your little princess didn't make the team

Comment

Negdl

IS World Class in the NEGDL that everyone is talking about?

I don't see their name on the website.

Comment

World Class

Nope, they are not.

To far for them (they whine about travel) and they are an ECNL poster child.

E - envious
                    C - coaches
                    N - narrated
                    L - league

Let World Class and PDA have their fake, make believe world of ECNL soccer that serves their coaches who coach college ball and don't want to have a year round program.

Let World Class manage their league without a governing body. Make up the rules as they go long to serve themselves.

Comment

Heard they are losing boys DA completely next year and going to Boys ECNL. Not good for the boys program.

Comment

Heard they are losing boys DA completely next year and going to Boys ECNL. Not good for the boys program.
                        If MLS clubs pull out of BDA or they expand a 2 tier system, any club in the 2nd tier will struggle to keep at least some of their players. Going ECNl might be a better move long term. Plus they only have U13 and U14 and all indications are that BDA U13 is done after this year. Can't be a 1 team club and they're unlikely to be awarded older teams.

Comment

ECNL vs GDA

If MLS clubs pull out of BDA or they expand a 2 tier system, any club in the 2nd tier will struggle to keep at least some of their players. Going ECNl might be a better move long term. Plus they only have U13 and U14 and all indications are that BDA U13 is done after this year. Can't be a 1 team club and they're unlikely to be awarded older teams.
                          Agree 100%

World Class is essentially BANNED from the DA, U12 BDA is done, U13BDA likely done next year. So having just 1 BDA team is absurd, and they have had their application rejected 6 times. They are giving up and will go ECNL for the boys and girls.

In the long run, its probably a good strategy for them, to be fully opposite a club like NYSC which is full DA boys and girls.

Geographically, its also probably a good for everyone. One club fully dedicated to ECNL, and one club fully dedicated to DA. Players/Families can pick what is best for them.

Comment

Agree 100%

World Class is essentially BANNED from the DA, U12 BDA is done, U13BDA likely done next year. So having just 1 BDA team is absurd, and they have had their application rejected 6 times. They are giving up and will go ECNL for the boys and girls.

In the long run, its probably a good strategy for them, to be fully opposite a club like NYSC which is full DA boys and girls.

Geographically, its also probably a good for everyone. One club fully dedicated to ECNL, and one club fully dedicated to DA. Players/Families can pick what is best for them.
                            Agree. More important then league is having the strong players in an area playing together instead of all spread out. It would better if these teams were all in one league but that ship has sailed.

Comment

Agree. More important then league is having the strong players in an area playing together instead of all spread out. It would better if these teams were all in one league but that ship has sailed.
                              Agree to this

Comment

Early days but its a beginning

Word is World Class has put in their application for GDA and will be approved for next year.

They will operate with both GDA and ECNL teams for a period of time, before migrating to full GDA inside of 5 years.

If there isn't a struggle, then there isn't progress.

Kind of proud today....feels like there is something good happening.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X