Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not accurate. AC Connecticut was given NPL Club status. US Club have gotten behind them and this will certainly be a big draw. The Rush Elite teams offer entrance into EDP National League so it really is very similar from a league perspective. Both will be able to manage good college Showcase events. CT Rush get a lot of the town players from SCOR. Their problem is that it is the older teams. They are no longer getting those players at the younger ages. SCOR is retaining some. If they start to go to AC CT which is very convenient then it’s going to be a huge problem for Rush. This is worth keeping an eye on.
    Ac ct is in the division of US Club that allows select teams to enter. They aren’t in the club based division, meaning that the entire club can’t enter teams. That’s only a draw if you are lucky to have a kid in that age bracket

Also note the reason they were accepted was because clubs left for US Youth soccer. Let’s not pretend that it was some vote for quality of the ACC product

Comment

Ac ct is in the division of US Club that allows select teams to enter. They aren’t in the club based division, meaning that the entire club can’t enter teams. That’s only a draw if you are lucky to have a kid in that age bracket

Also note the reason they were accepted was because clubs left for US Youth soccer. Let’s not pretend that it was some vote for quality of the ACC product
      Wrong again. AC CT is in the Club Based NPL.

Comment

Wrong again. AC CT is in the Club Based NPL.
        Nope.

Comment

Yes, but you can find many other drivable showcases that are better than Delco. That one is way past it’s sell by date.
          Like which ones?

Comment

Like which ones?
            Like OPI duh

Comment

Have you seen ridgefield scor teams play? Alex can't coach a lick. Launch the ball and chase. I saw him twice take an 11 year old girl and MAN mark the other teams best player. Good grief. Teach them how to combine. Ac ct can have him. Please take him

Ridgefield parent
              when did he coach for ridgefield scor? or do you mean the girls at ridgefield hs?

Comment

Have you seen ridgefield scor teams play? Alex can't coach a lick. Launch the ball and chase. I saw him twice take an 11 year old girl and MAN mark the other teams best player. Good grief. Teach them how to combine. Ac ct can have him. Please take him

Ridgefield parent
                This tactic can be very effective. Done in many sports. Basketball has a zone where one person marks the best player. Football has the spy where only watches the quarterback, especially if he is a good runner. Key is to keep the ball away from the most threatening weapon. So if an opposing team is not very deep and has one great player you can put almost anyone on them to limit their opportunities. By the way, Real Madrid has done this many times to Messi and Barcelona. Wish you knew more about tactics before criticizing quality coaches.

Comment

This tactic can be very effective. Done in many sports. Basketball has a zone where one person marks the best player. Football has the spy where only watches the quarterback, especially if he is a good runner. Key is to keep the ball away from the most threatening weapon. So if an opposing team is not very deep and has one great player you can put almost anyone on them to limit their opportunities. By the way, Real Madrid has done this many times to Messi and Barcelona. Wish you knew more about tactics before criticizing quality coaches.
                  okay - my kid plays in town. I played D1 at a top 20 school. Yeah you can probably figure out who I am. YOU don't MAN mark at 11 years old. You teach them how to defend the second pass maybe, but trying to deny the ball when the rest of your team doesn't under shape or balance means you get countered on ALL DAY LONG. But go ahead carry on with your nonsense. SCOR got worked this past year because we haven't been teaching the kids to build, combine, connect, etc. The guy is a d1p

Comment

okay - my kid plays in town. I played D1 at a top 20 school. Yeah you can probably figure out who I am. YOU don't MAN mark at 11 years old. You teach them how to defend the second pass maybe, but trying to deny the ball when the rest of your team doesn't under shape or balance means you get countered on ALL DAY LONG. But go ahead carry on with your nonsense. SCOR got worked this past year because we haven't been teaching the kids to build, combine, connect, etc. The guy is a d1p
                    No, no one knows who you are.

Comment

sounds like you have a team of players that just dont understand soccer and this comes from the parents who played D1 at a top school. Always knowing better than qualified professional coaches. You probably have 11 parents on spectator side yelling at their kids to do the opposite of what the qualified professional coach is teaching them.

Be quiet and sit down and enjoy.

Comment

sounds like you have a team of players that just dont understand soccer and this comes from the parents who played D1 at a top school. Always knowing better than qualified professional coaches. You probably have 11 parents on spectator side yelling at their kids to do the opposite of what the qualified professional coach is teaching them.

Be quiet and sit down and enjoy.
                        exactly. parents just sit and enjoy it. it goes fast. And if you have a good coach enjoy it even more. not a ton of them out there. We have one that does all the work himself. No manager, never misses anything, good with the kids, coaches them up, tough when he needs to be ... we feel fortunate.

Comment

lololol. who cares who you are?!?! dad's trying to live through their kids is priceless

Comment

No, no one knows who you are.
                            Or cares.

Comment

SCOR got worked this past year? if you're talking about your 11 year old kid getting worked in the SWD travel league, you really should just shut up, stay home and let your wife or someone who gets it take your kid to practices and games so they can actually enjoy it. in the mean time, have another Red Bull and continue to scream at the coach the the TV for not coaching properly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X