Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCL, PSPL, and WNPL

Can someone explain the differences between RCL, PSPL, and WNPL?

RCL is run through Washington Youth Soccer and US Youth Soccer. RCL recognizes club boundaries and is generally a “closed” system.

WNPL is the top division of the PSPL which is a league sanctioned by US Club Soccer. The PSPL doesn’t generally conform and geographic boundaries and will promote/relegate teams based on their performance from WNPL>Classic>Copa.

WNPL has probably been most similar in level of play to RCL D2. RCL D1 has been the most competitive league but programs like DA and ECNL are cutting into it. Most RCL teams are now a Club’s “B” team at best.

Ideally we would just have one league and everyone could play everyone but a few adults make too much money for that to ever happen. It would appear that PSPL is beating the tar out of WYS/RCL growth wise. WYS needs to adapt or they will become irrelevant. Both WYS and PSPL completely miss the mark on programs for U5-U8 kids.

Comment

I have just looked at the travel in WNPL and that would be enough to pull my kid . 6 games a season is bad enough (way to short) but at least half of those games are in eastern washington . Traveling over the pass for the winter is a massive no for me .
      Rcl is second rate now . As the poster above said it’s just b teams of the big clubs and they are not very good at all . Your choices are hugely limited in this state . You either pay for the nose with ECNL or the soccer level is really poor .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I have just looked at the travel in WNPL and that would be enough to pull my kid . 6 games a season is bad enough (way to short) but at least half of those games are in eastern washington . Traveling over the pass for the winter is a massive no for me .
        Rcl is second rate now . As the poster above said it’s just b teams of the big clubs and they are not very good at all . Your choices are hugely limited in this state . You either pay for the nose with ECNL or the soccer level is really poor .
        WNPL2 schedules show 16 games. Why do you say it’s only 6?

Comment

What age group has a 6 game fall season? Only the U-15 girls would have that, and that's for the teams that have players not playing in HS that are able to field a team.

All of the RCL divisions are state-wide. With PSPL, only the WNPL divisions are. I've seen RCL teams fly from Seattle to Spokane (did see one team last year get stuck at SeaTac and miss their game), so you don't have to drive. If you're doing ECNL, you're getting on a plane multiple times a year.

Yes, RCL 1 is now the big club B teams with the best of the rest. There isn't as much of a gap to the WNPL as there used to be, but to say all of the teams are really poor isn't true.

Comment

Our WNPL schedule this year is great. 2 travel weekends between now and April.

Comment

WNPL2 schedules show 16 games. Why do you say it’s only 6?
              You are the Southlake guy right ? http://psplsoccer.com/_element_displ...D1565226933608

Comment

No, i here. Southlake will go twise over mounting too. Not to bad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X