Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen the 03s list?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Anyone seen the 03s list?
      Heard the 03 group was rather weak besides some top Westside girls. Top gps & ecnl 03s staying put. Still, a new path for some and congratulations to all.

Comment

I was close to saying that team will get killed but I keep forgetting the competitions they are played mgbis not too tough. The real challenge is that is a lot of kids who will NEVER play

Comment

I was close to saying that team will get killed but I keep forgetting the competitions they are played mgbis not too tough. The real challenge is that is a lot of kids who will NEVER play
          Thorns kept 16 players from last year's team so it would seem the players least likely to play will be the 9 new players. However, those 9 will get to practice 4x/wk with the 16 good returning Academy players. That will be excellent for development.

Comment

Thorns kept 16 players from last year's team so it would seem the players least likely to play will be the 9 new players. However, those 9 will get to practice 4x/wk with the 16 good returning Academy players. That will be excellent for development.
            lol....lol

(first lol was too short to post)

Comment

What have they ever won

Comment

Latest word many girls turning down 03 offers now, only interested in second team because of High School restriction. Academy looking to comprimise but stuck now on hard line tactics.

Comment

Latest word many girls turning down 03 offers now, only interested in second team because of High School restriction. Academy looking to comprimise but stuck now on hard line tactics.
                  Why aren't the 02s turning down spots but 03s are?

Comment

Why aren't the 02s turning down spots but 03s are?
                    I know of 4 on the list that are certainly declining. Looks like the GDA is padding stats

Comment

Sounds like some of those returning 01/02s will move up to 00/99 team to fill out that roster. That will make the 01/02 roster more manageable than 25.

Comment

Curious...

Why did the academy interns post the clubs players came from on the 01/02 team but not the 04/05 team? Were they trying to show how many returning academy players there were, to demonstrate that girls should grab these spots at a young age? Trying to one up or embarrass FCP ECNL? There had to be motivation for that.

Comment

I know of 4 on the list that are certainly declining. Looks like the GDA is padding stats
                          sounds like someone's DD is an alternate for 03 GDA and is stirring the pot. no one is declining but tryouts are only 363 days away.

Comment

Calls were made with offers before the lists were posted. This is done in order to confirm acceptances before posting. If one declines over the phone, they can move onto the next one on the list so that player doesn't realize they are at the bottom & will see little playing time.

Comment

Sounds like some of those returning 01/02s will move up to 00/99 team to fill out that roster. That will make the 01/02 roster more manageable than 25.
                              Thats what I was told as well. Whats the point? Sad to see my beloved Timbers put themselves in such a negative position. I for one am seriously thinking of giving up my season tickets.

Comment

Why did the academy interns post the clubs players came from on the 01/02 team but not the 04/05 team? Were they trying to show how many returning academy players there were, to demonstrate that girls should grab these spots at a young age? Trying to one up or embarrass FCP ECNL? There had to be motivation for that.
                                Interesting point. A returning player that was a bench sub on our oYSA team made Thorns again so there must be something to that. Also a carpool need for a starter though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X