Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are detached from the circle of life.
    78 is the average age of death from virus here.
    Sorry but that is not tragic. That is a full life.
    If I could sign up for 78 I would.
    My life expectancy is currently 76.
    2 extra years would be good.

Comment

You are detached from the circle of life.
      78 is the average age of death from virus here.
      Sorry but that is not tragic. That is a full life.

Will you sing the same tune if your parents kick it years before they may have? Just tell your kids "pop pop died. Yeah I know he was full of energy and was playing tennis just two weeks ago, but it is what it is "

Or maybe you were abandoned as a child? That would explain a lot.

Comment

Any word on when final fall schedules will be released?

Comment

Will you sing the same tune if your parents kick it years before they may have? Just tell your kids "pop pop died. Yeah I know he was full of energy and was playing tennis just two weeks ago, but it is what it is "

Well I guess that’s better than helping my kids cope with a friend’s suicide due to the depression associated with being unnecessarily cooped up, or that their mother would have been fine if they had only caught her breast cancer earlier, but when we lost our insurance because the governor shut down our small business we had to make some tough choices.

See, it’s not binary. Overreacting to a pandemic has just as grave, if not more grave public health consequences.

Comment

Well I guess that’s better than helping my kids cope with a friend’s suicide due to the depression associated with being unnecessarily cooped up, or that their mother would have been fine if they had only caught her breast cancer earlier, but when we lost our insurance because the governor shut down our small business we had to make some tough choices.

See, it’s not binary. Overreacting to a pandemic has just as grave, if not more grave public health consequences.
            You cons always go for the extremes. There are resources available for all of that - therapists do telemed calls and suicide holiness never shut down. Doctor's offices remained open as did imaging centers, even if on a slower schedule. Nor is suicide or cancer highly infectious.

Comment

You cons always go for the extremes. There are resources available for all of that - therapists do telemed calls and suicide holiness never shut down. Doctor's offices remained open as did imaging centers, even if on a slower schedule. Nor is suicide or cancer highly infectious.
              It is not extreme
              10,000 kids a month are dying from starvation because of shutdowns
              Tuberculosis is estimated to rise 33% this year in India and kill an additional 500,000 due to pandemic.
              Shutdown had very real consequences and to ignore them is criminal
              The whole world made a mistake because of fear.

Comment

It is not extreme
                Tuberculosis is estimated to rise 33% this year in India and kill an additional 500,000 due to pandemic.
                Same issues with closing schools. Go talk to parents of special needs kids, or kids who need speech therapy, or kids that don't have english as their first language, or the poor kids without computers or internet access. Check in to see how closing down schools in the spring went for them. Now ask them what they think about going another year with "on-line learning". Total disaster. We're setting these kids back more than a year in their development. All b/c there's a remote chance someone gets sick. The number of deaths in for kids under 18 is basically non-existent. This is craziness.

Comment

Physically & mentally abused and removed from parents at 11.
                  You have no ideas about how hard life can be.
                  I choose to live because I have cowered in fear before.

Comment

It is not extreme
                    So first you're worried about your kid's friend and wife, now you're worried about India? Talk about moving targets. India is actually in better shape than here. Think about that. Focus on the fact that almost ALL other countries have done a better job getting Covid corralled than tRump has.

Comment

Physically & mentally abused and removed from parents at 11.
                      You have no ideas about how hard life can be.
                      I choose to live because I have cowered in fear before.
                      You should take up fiction writing. You're good at it.

Comment

this isnt a summer league thing this is a summer thing
                        these kids are hanging out and going to the beach or lake and doing what teenagers do
                        people are social beings and teenagers even more so- they have been cooped up since March

it was inevitable
                        Common sense says to avoid beaches/lakes/recreational areas that you know are going to be more crowded (like for example Hammonasset), take all the proper precautions and obviously not go in large groups. If you follow those three guidelines, some outdoor activities definitely have been and still can be enjoyed safely this summer. I know teenagers don't always use common sense but most of these incidents of people just taking unnecessary risks are more isolated, and sometimes they actually are capable of using it more than they are given credit for. Most of the senior leaders on these teams understand how valuable the potential opportunity to still play this fall is and wouldn't do something stupid, like not taking the proper precautions when going outside, in order to put that opportunity in jeopardy.

Comment

Common sense says to avoid beaches/lakes/recreational areas that you know are going to be more crowded (like for example Hammonasset), take all the proper precautions and obviously not go in large groups. If you follow those three guidelines, some outdoor activities definitely have been and still can be enjoyed safely this summer. I know teenagers don't always use common sense but most of these incidents of people just taking unnecessary risks are more isolated, and sometimes they actually are capable of using it more than they are given credit for. Most of the senior leaders on these teams understand how valuable the potential opportunity to still play this fall is and wouldn't do something stupid, like not taking the proper precautions when going outside, in order to put that opportunity in jeopardy.
                          senior leadership? are you on crack?

most of the trouble programs get into is because of this great senior leadership- its worse now with the advent of 3 and 4 captains- you might have one real captain on any squad
                          they are easy to find-its the other 3 that you have to talk yourself into naming

Comment

Final decision this week on fall sport season

CIAC football committee voted nearly unanimously to postpone the season until spring 2021. The other sports committees are meeting this week to vote on their recommendations for the fall seasons. CIAC board is scheduled to meet Wednesday to consider recommendations from different sports and issue final decision on the fall seasons.

https://www.gametimect.com/ciac-foot...-2021-sources/

Comment

most of the trouble programs get into is because of this great senior leadership- its worse now with the advent of 3 and 4 captains
                              Generally true, but in a year like this/circumstances like this it's different. Knowing you would still likely have a 2021 season to play if this one gets cancelled (which is true of the underclassmen) vs not makes a big difference and if there's anyone who's definitely going to be more careful it is those seniors who know that if this season does indeed get cancelled as it looks like it's going to, their last opportunity to play HS soccer is gone. They want the opportunity to play so badly and don't want to take the chance of being part of the problem (spreading the virus) that ensures that opportunity gets taken away from them. Whether they have the official title of captain or not shouldn't matter as much as some teams/players think it does- it's just that when you've been on a team for two or three years the experience becomes more valuable to you and that last year means that much more.

Sure, maybe I have more faith in teenagers and their decision making than most people and I know this board is unforgiving, but come on- anyone who still makes a more than reasonable argument/post shouldn't be deemed "on crack," even if you disagree with it.

Comment

Moving Football to spring is not as problematic as Soccer would be.
                                No club for Football, but sure football players play spring sports in HS.
                                I would chose club for my child over HS for soccer.
                                If soccer were moved to spring, and just 1/2 of the club players at my HS opt out of HS for club, it would decimate the HS team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X