Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your football club a learning center?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahahah every club has a few hoppers and it's funny because it takes about a month before they come back because of the sales tactics without follow through at Fcp
    That's funny because you should hear some of the things they say about Washington Timbers. I don't recall too many good players leaving Washington Timbers and coming back.

So between the club hoppers and the players going to Thorns/Timbers... are you guys just running a rec program for high school players?

Comment

That's funny because you should hear some of the things they say about Washington Timbers. I don't recall too many good players leaving Washington Timbers and coming back.

So between the club hoppers and the players going to Thorns/Timbers... are you guys just running a rec program for high school players?
      The reason WashT and FC dislike each other so much on the girls' side is they don't have a powerful common enemy to hate more...

Comment

The reason WashT and FC dislike each other so much on the girls' side is they don't have a powerful common enemy to hate more...
        I think FC Portland is fine with WashT. It is not like any players from FC Portland move over to WashT in high school.

Players seem to just get tired with WashT and look elsewhere once they reach puberty. I am not really sure why. They just outgrow WashT.

Comment

Not quite rec.
          Our high school players are those players that are not quite good enough to make the Timbers/Thorns DA but still want to go to college. We have built a program for this level of player. W T F C devices all levels of players

Comment

Not quite rec.
            Our high school players are those players that are not quite good enough to make the Timbers/Thorns DA but still want to go to college. We have built a program for this level of player. W T F C devices all levels of players
            ****services***

Comment

Not quite rec.
              WashT players in college. Now that's a laugh. Unless you mean Clark College. Other than that obvious pipeline, WashT hasn't developed a top level college player in forever.

Comment

WashT players in college. Now that's a laugh. Unless you mean Clark College. Other than that obvious pipeline, WashT hasn't developed a top level college player in forever.
                Add boys and girls players who've played for wash t it's more then your club easily.

Perhaps you forget the two that won national titles at stanford or the 2 boys who were in the national semi final this year or the many that you seem to not know.

But hey, we understand. Your club is built on sales and lies. Just keep fighting for wash t players.

Comment

Add boys and girls players who've played for wash t it's more then your club easily.

Perhaps you forget the two that won national titles at stanford or the 2 boys who were in the national semi final this year or the many that you seem to not know.

But hey, we understand. Your club is built on sales and lies. Just keep fighting for wash t players.
                  I see a female player and a male player from Vancouver, WA.

Do you not find it interesting that neither mention Washington Timbers in their bio?

No mention of Washington Timbers from the Akron player either.

I see Crossfire Premier, FC Portland, and Portland Timbers in the bio, but no Washington Timbers.

These players may live in the Vancouver area, but it looks like they had to go elsewhere for real soccer development.

Comment

Do you not find it interesting that neither mention Washington Timbers in their bio?

I see Crossfire Premier, FC Portland, and Portland Timbers in the bio, but no Washington Timbers.

These players may live in the Vancouver area, but it looks like they had to go elsewhere for real soccer development.
                    Not the WashT honk--but a lot of times, when examining the youth club(s) of players who play collegiate or pro soccer, only the last club they played (in HS) is often listed. In recent years, of course, the ECNL clubs have drawn away a lot of the top girls, and claim credit for their development. But a lot of these girls spent a lot of their time playing elsewhere

Comment

Links

Comment

Not the WashT honk--but a lot of times, when examining the youth club(s) of players who play collegiate or pro soccer, only the last club they played (in HS) is often listed. In recent years, of course, the ECNL clubs have drawn away a lot of the top girls, and claim credit for their development. But a lot of these girls spent a lot of their time playing elsewhere
                        This is true.

When a player like Foster Langsdorf plays for the Washington Timbers until U17 and then moves to the Academy does not mean he was developed at the second club. W T F C players are hot commodities by Portland clubs.

Comment

This is true.

When a player like Foster Langsdorf plays for the Washington Timbers until U17 and then moves to the Academy does not mean he was developed at the second club. W T F C players are hot commodities by Portland clubs.
                          Except it was U15, then he moved to FCP to play U17, one year up. Then moved to Timbers DA for last 2 years of HS. He developed more in those last 3 years than he had in all the years up to U15 at WashT - horrendous coaching at that club.

Comment

Except it was U15, then he moved to FCP to play U17, one year up. Then moved to Timbers DA for last 2 years of HS. He developed more in those last 3 years than he had in all the years up to U15 at WashT - horrendous coaching at that club.
                            According to who?

Did he say that?

I doubt FC would let a kid from another club play up if he's not been well-rounded prior.

Comment

According to who?

Did he say that?

I doubt FC would let a kid from another club play up if he's not been well-rounded prior.
                              Well coached, not well rounded. Stupid auto correct

Comment

You sound like someone who doesn't know anything about development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X