Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The team is a kick and run team and he only picks players who can play that way as he cannot coach technical soccer. He has no idea what defense is.
    There is great talent at PHU it’s the coach who is picking the wrong team, putting the players in the wrong positions, leaving good talent out of the team, I could go on. The issues from the start of the season are clear to see for all.

Comment

Or maybe Largo is just a better team .
      And just so we are clear on this the Largo leaves a lot to be desired .
      Largo is the better team but PHU has the better talent. That talent is being wasted on a useless coach.

Comment

Largo is the better team but PHU has the better talent. That talent is being wasted on a useless coach.
        Better talent really? The players who played for PHU were not better talent. Not even close. Oh by the way we had 6 freshman play last night our future looks very bright. Yours looks like the dynasty is dead. If you believe you have better talent then they need to be playing not the bunch who played last night.

Comment

Northeast Florida is a war zone with the best high school matches.

Comment

There is great talent at PHU it’s the coach who is picking the wrong team, putting the players in the wrong positions, leaving good talent out of the team, I could go on. The issues from the start of the season are clear to see for all.
            Don't worry, Newsome will go ahead & end PHU's misery in a few weeks.

Comment

Better talent really? The players who played for PHU were not better talent. Not even close. Oh by the way we had 6 freshman play last night our future looks very bright. Yours looks like the dynasty is dead. If you believe you have better talent then they need to be playing not the bunch who played last night.
              Look Largo parent, you beat us, you were the better team last night, heck a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile, but talent wise you don't have as much as PHU. PHU will always have more talented players than you, heck I can bet that if both benches played last night the PHU bench is a lot better than yours. Last night just showed what has been apparent all season long, that the coach from PHU hasn't figured out how to use that talent at PHU. If a good coach would come in and actually coach that team the right way, that game would be a different result. I will say you better hope that PHU doesn't get a better coach to take that team because next time it will be a different story... enjoy your success and good luck in the playoffs, but sit down, be humble...

Comment

Look Largo parent, you beat us, you were the better team last night, heck a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile, but talent wise you don't have as much as PHU. PHU will always have more talented players than you, heck I can bet that if both benches played last night the PHU bench is a lot better than yours. Last night just showed what has been apparent all season long, that the coach from PHU hasn't figured out how to use that talent at PHU. If a good coach would come in and actually coach that team the right way, that game would be a different result. I will say you better hope that PHU doesn't get a better coach to take that team because next time it will be a different story... enjoy your success and good luck in the playoffs, but sit down, be humble...
                Then get rid of your coach if he is that bad. I heard through the grapevine he is a rev coach so what did you PHU parents expect? Oh I know you have talent sitting on the bench as some of our girls play club with those players. Your coach seems to like players who just want to kick and run.

Comment

Then get rid of your coach if he is that bad. I heard through the grapevine he is a rev coach so what did you PHU parents expect? Oh I know you have talent sitting on the bench as some of our girls play club with those players. Your coach seems to like players who just want to kick and run.
                  Sorry I meant rec coach not rev.

Comment

We wish we could but he is a good buddy of the former coach who recommended him. The school will stick with him as they know no better.

Comment

We wish we could but he is a good buddy of the former coach who recommended him. The school will stick with him as they know no better.
                      Oh wow then the next few years will not be good for PHU.

Comment

I am a PHU parent and I am mad. This is not a team that plays like a team. This is a group of individuals who’s coach has no clue what he is doing. We have been lucky but the first real good team we play we are not only out played and I agree out coached. The same problems have been there from the start and he does not fix them as he does not know how. Not only is he not a coach he is not a leader and the girls do not respect him.
                        He is playing most of the SAME girls as last year however some girls are in the WRONG spots. Last years coach used this talent and did very well. There is a senior that needs to be out there on the outside as she was last year. The middle is falling apart and this leads to the defense falling apart, the defender could not keep up and the coach finally realized it. They played with no organization. The forwards are not scoring as they did last year, as they play it to the middle. Yes we lost some good talent, but not a lot that this would be the outcome. He needs to think about a change in the middle and defense. Talent ON the field is being wasted by having girls in wrong positions. This year the girls seem to be separated and not playing as a team. I do believe it stems from lack of respect from authority.

Comment

That "rec" coach has done many things in his life on the pitch and as a coach. Grow up. We lost. Get over it.

Comment

That "rec" coach has done many things in his life on the pitch and as a coach. Grow up. We lost. Get over it.
                            He is not being judged on what he did in rec, he is being judged on what he is doing now with a very talented group of girls. That’s what happens when you coach at PHU or a club team. It is all about results and the product you put on the field. Yes you lost to a team you were expected to beat. High expectations demands high quality and the coach is in way over his head. Let’s see how you do in districts where you will meet plant again who should have beat you the first time. Stop living a a bubble.

Comment

He is playing most of the SAME girls as last year however some girls are in the WRONG spots. Last years coach used this talent and did very well. There is a senior that needs to be out there on the outside as she was last year. The middle is falling apart and this leads to the defense falling apart, the defender could not keep up and the coach finally realized it. They played with no organization. The forwards are not scoring as they did last year, as they play it to the middle. Yes we lost some good talent, but not a lot that this would be the outcome. He needs to think about a change in the middle and defense. Talent ON the field is being wasted by having girls in wrong positions. This year the girls seem to be separated and not playing as a team. I do believe it stems from lack of respect from authority.
                              Agreed along with putting the right players in their right positions the defense needs more speed that can cover the holes in the middle of the defense and unity as They do not cover each other. The midfield lacks creativity and technical ability, the forwards well forward needs good service from midfield as the only chances being created are from 20 yards or more with shots.

Comment

Agreed along with putting the right players in their right positions the defense needs more speed that can cover the holes in the middle of the defense and unity as They do not cover each other. The midfield lacks creativity and technical ability, the forwards well forward needs good service from midfield as the only chances being created are from 20 yards or more with shots.
                                My daughter was on this team last year and he has a defender that is capable of holding the defense as she did very well at it last year,however he is not using her and it shows on the field. I understand he is the coach and we are parents/bystanders but you would think after several games he would also see the problems and make some adjustments. The girls need to come together and try and be a team again or I see many more problems in the future.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X