Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CA pulling out will just drive up the costs for our teams as they will have to travel further away for games. Plus remove some of the best competition.
    If a club pulls out another top club will step in.

Comment

All three teams will pull talent. If the ECNL teams merge, then they will get the momentum. If the Academy is able to keep costs down while delivering a high end experience, they will get the momentum.

For now, with three teams pulling talent three different directions, it's going to take a while.

Comment

CA pulling out will just drive up the costs for our teams as they will have to travel further away for games. Plus remove some of the best competition.
        Perhaps I missed this somewhere but who is pulling out? All Cal teams?

Comment

Perhaps I missed this somewhere but who is pulling out? All Cal teams?
          There's lots of discussion about this. The pool has become diluted so they think.

Comment

All three teams will pull talent. If the ECNL teams merge, then they will get the momentum. If the Academy is able to keep costs down while delivering a high end experience, they will get the momentum.

For now, with three teams pulling talent three different directions, it's going to take a while.
            at only one age group and the academy doesn't have a league to play in. But they did pull some under aged girls to fill out the ranks. It pays to play for Tina!

Comment

U14 ECNL schedules are out!

CU U14
              http://eliteclubsnationalleague.com/...3328/TEAM.html

FC Portland U14
              http://eliteclubsnationalleague.com/...3328/TEAM.html

Comment

A merger between CU and FCP would be a amazing.

Comment

A merger between CU and FCP would be a amazing.
                  It will never happen.

Comment

I thought someone said there were only like 12 to 15 girls in the various player pools for ECNL?

After a quick look at FC Portland and CU, they all have 20 or more in each age group.

http://www.crossfireunitedecnl.com/h...?layout=167825

http://www.fcportland.org/home/821374.html

if the older girls travel schedules are similar to the U14's that will be reasonable.

Go Oregon soccer!

Comment

I thought someone said there were only like 12 to 15 girls in the various player pools for ECNL?

After a quick look at FC Portland and CU, they all have 20 or more in each age group.

http://www.crossfireunitedecnl.com/h...?layout=167825

http://www.fcportland.org/home/821374.html

if the older girls travel schedules are similar to the U14's that will be reasonable.

Go Oregon soccer!
                      That's how many were offered not how many accepted spots. Keep in mind that many girls tried out at both clubs and at the Thorns academy.

Comment

That's how many were offered not how many accepted spots. Keep in mind that many girls tried out at both clubs and at the Thorns academy.
                        Again, only one age group at the thorns. Well multiple if you consider the varying age groups accepted to make a squad.

Comment

So, 7 of 14 games here. And three in Seattle, so not terrible until you realize all of the showcases and tournaments are also away. So that means 7 of 25-30 here. One, that's a lot of time away for hs students. Maybe the clubs have academic advisors traveling along to help with studies. And two, that's a lot of games for parents to miss.

Comment

So, 7 of 14 games here. And three in Seattle, so not terrible until you realize all of the showcases and tournaments are also away. So that means 7 of 25-30 here. One, that's a lot of time away for hs students. Maybe the clubs have academic advisors traveling along to help with studies. And two, that's a lot of games for parents to miss.
                            That is only for one age group. It's spread out and on weekends. My dd is in the 99% percentile, she's not going to need any academic advisory. Two, it's about the girls, not the parents. Are you going to move, when your daughter goes to college and attend classes with her? She will find it nice you are not yelling at the ref's during the matches. Think how much better she will play when she's not winching and embarrassed by you.

You are obviously not participating. Move along.

Comment

That is only for one age group. It's spread out and on weekends. My dd is in the 99% percentile, she's not going to need any academic advisory. Two, it's about the girls, not the parents. Are you going to move, when your daughter goes to college and attend classes with her? She will find it nice you are not yelling at the ref's during the matches. Think how much better she will play when she's not winching and embarrassed by you.

You are obviously not participating. Move along.
                              When you don't challenge your self with AP and Honors classes, HS isn't nearly that difficult so no academic advisor needed apparently. You know, I am thinking about moving when she goes to college. Yes, the refs hate me telling them they did a nice job and complementing them. She loves me watching her and hates it when I'm not there. Apparently you are with the wrong team or are just going by what your wife tells you and hope it applys to someone else. Oh, and have fun not seeing your dd play. I'm sure she is really happy you won't be there. That's probably why she begged to play ECNL.

Comment

Agree with you. ECNL involves a lot of away games. Our team travels after school on Friday, returning Sunday night with dedicated times during the weekend for school work so no academic issues. Big downside is unless you can afford to travel, you will miss out on out town games. I wish ECNL would look into webcasting some of these showcase tournaments.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X