Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to look for in choosing a good soccer pair of soccer shoes

My 13 year old daughter has outgrown her soccer shoes. She found a pair online she likes based on color and style. I suggested we also think about function and go to a store and try several on. But she insists on style. Any suggestions on a specific shoe based on merited attributes?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My 13 year old daughter has outgrown her soccer shoes. She found a pair online she likes based on color and style. I suggested we also think about function and go to a store and try several on. But she insists on style. Any suggestions on a specific shoe based on merited attributes?
    Adidas F-50 (super light, great quality, and wider than Nike). You have to get the true F-50s, not the ones at Target.

Comment

Addidas are not wider than Nike, they are actually narrower.

Comment

Look for the best advertisements and you are good to go.

Comment

Buy something comfortable that doesn't give your child blisters. Nike tend to be wider. They are all good shoes.

Your daughter does not need $200 shoes.

Comment

Since U13 my daughter has worn the same style of shoe. I watch the sales and try to be one pair ahead of the wear so that when the current pair wears out, there is a spare pair in the closet. She wears mens shoes and her foot has stopped growing so I know the exact style and size to buy, all she cares about now is the color. The biggest issue we have is she likes certain versions better than others and when they update the version, I can't find the old version.

Comment

The best shoe my daughter had was the Nike Hypervenom Phatals. Very light with a great fit. There is some extra support in the heel box that she said was very comfortable.

These young teen girls are tough. They want what they want. I usually take her to a soccer shop and have her fitted rather than figuring it out on my own at Dick's.

Comment

The first thing we look for are cleats that are on the bottom of the shoe. A shoe with cleats on the top or side are immediately tossed aside. As are one's with cleats on the inside. I've never seen my kid wince so much in my life as the time they tried on shoes with cleats on the inside. I still made them walk around the store to check the fit.

Comment

Adidas F-50 (super light, great quality, and wider than Nike). You have to get the true F-50s, not the ones at Target.
                  Have her try adidas F-50 adizero's. My dd won't wear anything else.

If you're not concerned about getting the latest color schemes, last years' models
                  are available on line new-in-the-box for under $100 versus $200+ for the 2014's at the retailers.

Comment

All the players on my DK's teams that have new Nike Magistas or Superflys love them.
                    I'm not sure all their parents love the pricetags, though...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X