Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It will be a successful ECNL season if..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's pretty simple really. Smart people have more money 99% of the time, Right? If they're smart enough to have the money to pay for ECNL they ain't falling for your bs lines. See? Simple. Easy. Go away.
    Read The Millionaire Next Door.

Most millionaires do not spend their money on frivolous things. Counter to that, the dumb people spend beyond their means in an effort to keep up with the Jones'. Those people are putting up a front to look good but in truth, are actually struggling with money.

In conclusion, from your assessment, the ECNL crowd will, in fact, fall for just about anything.

Comment

Read The Millionaire Next Door.

Most millionaires do not spend their money on frivolous things. Counter to that, the dumb people spend beyond their means in an effort to keep up with the Jones'. Those people are putting up a front to look good but in truth, are actually struggling with money.

In conclusion, from your assessment, the ECNL crowd will, in fact, fall for just about anything.
      Fight it all you wasn't. ECNL is proving itself across the country. It will in Oregon as well.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-...m_medium=email

Comment

Our ECNL experience will be a success if I can pay for all of it without going into debt and if my dd gets 50% playing time and if I can go to a couple of out of town events to watch her play. But I am realistic, I don't think our team will be terrific and I'm not counting on my dd being transformed.

Comment

Fight it all you wasn't. ECNL is proving itself across the country. It will in Oregon as well.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-...m_medium=email
          Oh, so now I get it. ECNL manufactures all of these top players. And soon, it will manufacture them right here in Oregon. Mediocre players will be turned into top players by the great coaching, the competition and by the fact that she is involved in ECNL. Or perhaps I'm reading that article incorrectly. Maybe top players are more attracted to playing in ECNL. Maybe that's it. Maybe ECNL is good for top players, but doesn't manufacture them. Hmmmmm, perspective.

Comment

Oh, so now I get it. ECNL manufactures all of these top players. And soon, it will manufacture them right here in Oregon. Mediocre players will be turned into top players by the great coaching, the competition and by the fact that she is involved in ECNL. Or perhaps I'm reading that article incorrectly. Maybe top players are more attracted to playing in ECNL. Maybe that's it. Maybe ECNL is good for top players, but doesn't manufacture them. Hmmmmm, perspective.
            Does the DA manufacture players? Think about the stupidity you're posting.

Comment

Does the DA manufacture players? Think about the stupidity you're posting.
              Think about the stupidity you are posting. Crummy players in our ECNL teams will still be crummy players at the end of the year. The top players who chose to not do ECNL will still be top players.

Comment

making it through the season

if the teams actually finish the season, and come back to play the next season, that will be a success. this is coming from a scout on boys side, with no children. there's just not enough talent for three "elite teams", one maybe. not three, not two.

Comment

if the teams actually finish the season, and come back to play the next season, that will be a success. this is coming from a scout on boys side, with no children. there's just not enough talent for three "elite teams", one maybe. not three, not two.
                  Well that leaves the academy out!

Comment

Says the anonymous internet expert.

ECNL teams will get stronger each year dispute the Timbers best efforts.

Comment

Timbers teams will get stronger each year dispute the ECNL best efforts.
                      I tend to agree. The Timbers are a professional organization, very well run despite what the anonymous people here say. They will continue to improve and bring in sponsorships and increase the opportunities. Timbers will be for the common folks and ecnl will be for the wealthier side of the equation. Simple as that.

Good luck to both sides.

Comment

I tend to agree. The Timbers are a professional organization, very well run despite what the anonymous people here say. They will continue to improve and bring in sponsorships and increase the opportunities. Timbers will be for the common folks and ecnl will be for the wealthier side of the equation. Simple as that.

Good luck to both sides.
                        By professional, do you mean for profit? I can see them being successful, they have sent so many boys off to play professionally. They should work miracles on the girls side.

Comment

Our ECNL experience will be a success if I can pay for all of it without going into debt and if my dd gets 50% playing time and if I can go to a couple of out of town events to watch her play. But I am realistic, I don't think our team will be terrific and I'm not counting on my dd being transformed.
                          I think that's a great and realistic approach. My guess is that you and your dd will have a terrific experience going in with that attitude.

Comment

ECNL teams will get stronger each year dispute the Timbers best efforts.
                            you don't have to be an expert to see that one year ecnl rejected one team as not being good enough, and then the next year they approved two teams. without a significant increase of population, like double, then how does it make sense to have to jump from 0 to 2 elite level teams? then throw in a third competing team? talent spread thin.

Comment

I agree that there is not enough for all three of that single year to have elite teams but the ECNL covers 5 years.

I would also add that Oregon as a state is putting an average of 20+ girls into college so with consolidation there is enough talent for two teams.

What you might not know is that there are more girl teams and players with more talent because there are not as many other competing sports for girls.

Comment

What is your objective?
                                Well I believe this is a discussion board titled "Talking -Soccer"… It seems reasonable then to talk about soccer...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X