ECNL Schedules Out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are excited but also realistic that it won't be peaches and cream the first year or two. Still it's fun for the kids and the parents too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There are some bad teams they used to fill this league. Well played ECNL, well played.

Portland teams will NOT be last. I thought that's why we entered this league, to face teams that are currently better and league that is more challenging. Not to just face 1-3 teams as strong or stronger. Wasted money. The average of quality game just went down. All the team's past results are posted. This will be one of the weakest ECNL leagues in the nation. It won't take much for either OR team to do well. At least they put 2 of the Nor Cal teams in the league and CO Rush. There are your opponents. Every once in awhile Crossfire Premier will give you a run. The others might as well be OYSA teams. These are not new teams for those that travel and are not exciting.

Hope this year goes fast!
      This is humorous. A couple of weeks ago, it was how the local ECNL teams would suck, get their teeth kicked in every match and have to spend too much on traveling for that opportunity.

Now, that the schedules are out and they have minimized traveling and it seems reasonable. The argument is that the local ECNL teams won't finish last and that their league isn't strong enough to justify playing ECNL.

So which is it? Oh guru's of talking soccer? Maybe the ECNL teams can play in the OYSA split league for some real competition......

Comment

Just looked at the schedules. Noticed that all teams from U14-U18 will travel together and play the other clubs teams in a weekend. That sounds fun and actually might make it easier on families that have multiple high level players.

Comment

Just looked at the schedules. Noticed that all teams from U14-U18 will travel together and play the other clubs teams in a weekend. That sounds fun and actually might make it easier on families that have multiple high level players.
          Yes, this is something that they are doing special now that Oregon has been accepted and they know they need to do something for the families with multiple kids doing it. In the past, they just had teams flying everywhich way on various weekends with no thought to coordination. It was all just a free for all.

Comment

People should really contact the ECNL clubs about how it works. Don't listen to the naysayers who have a financial motive to disparage the ECNL clubs.

Comment

This is humorous. A couple of weeks ago, it was how the local ECNL teams would suck, get their teeth kicked in every match and have to spend too much on traveling for that opportunity.

Now, that the schedules are out and they have minimized traveling and it seems reasonable. The argument is that the local ECNL teams won't finish last and that their league isn't strong enough to justify playing ECNL.

So which is it? Oh guru's of talking soccer? Maybe the ECNL teams can play in the OYSA split league for some real competition......
              Actually, I think the Oregon teams will suck. I still don't see them winning games other than against each other and Boise. Maybe.

Comment

We are excited but also realistic that it won't be peaches and cream the first year or two. Still it's fun for the kids and the parents too.
                So is a trip to Disneyland.

Comment

Actually, I think the Oregon teams will suck. I still don't see them winning games other than against each other and Boise. Maybe.
                  And it will still suck less then those of us with DD's remaining in the split leagues of Oregon.

Comment

ECNL or WCDA

This so called ECNL schedule looks an awful lot like the WCDA from the past few years.

Crossfire United ECNL U17 Schedule MR: Match Report
                    December 2014
                    GAME# Date Time Home MR Away Location
                    176030 Sat Dec 6 Crossfire United ECNL U17 vs FC Nova ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire United
                    176035 Sun Dec 7 Crossfire United ECNL U17 vs Utah Avalanche ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire United

February 2015
                    176042 Sat Feb 7 Crossfire United ECNL U17 vs Colorado Storm ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire United
                    176043 Sun Feb 8 Crossfire United ECNL U17 vs Colorado Rush ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire United

March 2015
                    176051 Sat Mar 14 Crossfire Premier ECNL U17 vs Crossfire United ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire Premier
                    176053 Sun Mar 15 Washington Premier ECNL U17 vs Crossfire United ECNL U17 Game @ Wash Prem
                    176063 Sat Mar 28 FC Portland ECNL U17 vs Crossfire United ECNL U17 Game @ FC Portland

May 2015
                    176078 Sat May 2 Utah Avalanche ECNL U17 vs Crossfire United ECNL U17 Game @ Utah
                    176080 Sun May 3 FC Nova ECNL U17 vs Crossfire United ECNL U17 Game @ Utah
                    176085 Sat May 9 Crossfire United ECNL U17 vs Crossfire Premier ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire United
                    176087 Sun May 10 Crossfire United ECNL U17 vs Washington Premier ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire United
                    176092 Sat May 16 San Juan Soccer Club ECNL U17 vs Crossfire United ECNL U17 Game @ San Juan
                    176096 Sun May 17 Santa Rosa United ECNL U17 vs Crossfire United ECNL U17 Game @ Santa Rosa
                    176100 Sat May 30 Crossfire United ECNL U17 vs FC Portland ECNL U17 Game @ Crossfire United

Hook..Line..and Sinker

Comment

Yes, this is something that they are doing special now that Oregon has been accepted and they know they need to do something for the families with multiple kids doing it. In the past, they just had teams flying everywhich way on various weekends with no thought to coordination. It was all just a free for all.
                      False....it helps keep the overall costs down if you have a coach coaching multiple teams.

Comment

U14 = One Showcase + National Playoff
                        U15 = Two Showcases + National Playoff
                        U16 = Three Showcases + National Playoff
                        U17 = Three showcases + National Playoff
                        U18 = One Showcase + National Playoff

In addition all CU age groups will compete in the NWCL.
                        Correct me if I am wrong, but at U14 not all teams qualify for National Playoffs.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but at U14 not all teams qualify for National Playoffs.
                          Correct

Comment

Yes because you have seen all the age groups in Utah and NorCal. Key words "I think".

I expect a few teams to even win & tie games against select ages of WA Crossfire and WPFC too. Will either local club dominate? No but two teams at each club will have productive seasons and the rest will benefit from the experience too.

Comment

Yes because you have seen all the age groups in Utah and NorCal. Key words "I think".

I expect a few teams to even win & tie games against select ages of WA Crossfire and WPFC too. Will either local club dominate? No but two teams at each club will have productive seasons and the rest will benefit from the experience too.
                              That's fine, we both have our opinions and they don't matter. Only the results will matter and that won't be for quite some time. In the mean time, I guess you have some time to get the teams together and practice and play some before closing it down for HS. I do think that the practices during the HS season will be more stressful than what people think they will be. Initially they might not be bad, but by mid October, I think the wear and tear of HS and the practices will begin to show. Probably a necessary evil given early December the season starts.

Comment

The difference between you and me

That's fine, we both have our opinions and they don't matter. Only the results will matter and that won't be for quite some time. In the mean time, I guess you have some time to get the teams together and practice and play some before closing it down for HS. I do think that the practices during the HS season will be more stressful than what people think they will be. Initially they might not be bad, but by mid October, I think the wear and tear of HS and the practices will begin to show. Probably a necessary evil given early December the season starts.
                                Yes they are both opinions. The difference is that mine is more informed than yours. I HAVE stood on the sidelines of ECNL league games and showcases and see multiple age groups of the league teams that our girls will face.

I also have driven my DD to HS season practices and can tell you that they are not "stressful" and in reality our players actually like getting back to playing with the better players on their team who they will spend 8 months playing with.

Yes only time will tell who is "correct" but I have seen it and you are only "guessing"!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X