Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coaches' salaries

how much does a competitive coach (club level) get paid? how is their salaries determined?

I have had kids at 2 different clubs. Eastside and Wa Timbers and The coaches we had made anywhere from 1,500-4,000 per team.

From what I have heard that is actually pretty low compared to some of the clubs.

What I wonder about is if any clubs in Oregon do it like Crossfire does up north?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have had kids at 2 different clubs. Eastside and Wa Timbers and The coaches we had made anywhere from 1,500-4,000 per team.

From what I have heard that is actually pretty low compared to some of the clubs.

What I wonder about is if any clubs in Oregon do it like Crossfire does up north?
      How do they handle it? That seems like low pay to me.

Comment

how much does a competitive coach (club level) get paid? how is their salaries determined?
        How is? Omg. You are an ECNL supporter I'm sure.

Comment

Coaching pay in Oregon is a joke compared to up North and down South. Then again the club fees in Oregon are lower than other states. So parents who are always quick to moan should consider that in some cases they are getting very good value for money.

Comment

Coaching pay in Oregon is a joke compared to up North and down South. Then again the club fees in Oregon are lower than other states. So parents who are always quick to moan should consider that in some cases they are getting very good value for money.
            I've never asked about a coaches salary or ever looked at financial documents. Just mentally think about fees collected vs costs. It seems to be a **** job in Oregon for having to deal with us.

Comment

People around here are up for an eye opener for this. In SW washing the top premier clubs charge around 1100 for club fees/coaches fees minus coaches travel expenses.

They have no idea how cheap that is. then they yell at the coaches all year and berate them when the coaches are earning 2500-5000 (yes the top coaches in vancouver are earning 5k per team and thats the TOP COACHES).

In portland its slightly higher cost but similar pay to coaches. Yet everyone here wants to compare us to Seattle. Guess what their top coaches in the top clubs are earning 10K-20K per team. And they coach multiple teams. the funny thing is those top coaches have 2-3 teams min. and they show up to no more than 2 events per week, and those parents don't sit here and complain. However, the coaches down here that earn 2-5K a year who don't show up to every single thing get bashed by the parents left and right.

We wonder why we can't compete with other areas, its because we are half the cost of other areas. which effects the amount of quality coaches we can have, which affects the quality of players we have.

Comment

People around here are up for an eye opener for this. In SW washing the top premier clubs charge around 1100 for club fees/coaches fees minus coaches travel expenses.

They have no idea how cheap that is. then they yell at the coaches all year and berate them when the coaches are earning 2500-5000 (yes the top coaches in vancouver are earning 5k per team and thats the TOP COACHES).

In portland its slightly higher cost but similar pay to coaches. Yet everyone here wants to compare us to Seattle. Guess what their top coaches in the top clubs are earning 10K-20K per team. And they coach multiple teams. the funny thing is those top coaches have 2-3 teams min. and they show up to no more than 2 events per week, and those parents don't sit here and complain. However, the coaches down here that earn 2-5K a year who don't show up to every single thing get bashed by the parents left and right.

We wonder why we can't compete with other areas, its because we are half the cost of other areas. which effects the amount of quality coaches we can have, which affects the quality of players we have.
                This post is spot on...

Comment

Top coaches in Seattle make between 10 and 15. They are not making 20 per team. Only in Southern California are coaches making 20 per team.

Vancouver pays their coaches so little because all their money is going to pay their DOCs.

Comment

Top coaches in Seattle make between 10 and 15. They are not making 20 per team. Only in Southern California are coaches making 20 per team.

Vancouver pays their coaches so little because all their money is going to pay their DOCs.
                    That is not true.

The top Crossfire Washington coaches will make more than $15K per team.

Comment

How do they handle it? That seems like low pay to me.
                      They all pay the same club fee. They are still responsible for all the extra's like travel expenses, tournaments, uniforms, ect.

The top coaches at Crossfire are getting 12-15K+ per team and often have 2-4 teams per year.

Or at least thats how it was done a few years ago, I just assume they are still doing it the same way.

Comment

They all pay the same club fee. They are still responsible for all the extra's like travel expenses, tournaments, uniforms, ect.

The top coaches at Crossfire are getting 12-15K+ per team and often have 2-4 teams per year.

Or at least thats how it was done a few years ago, I just assume they are still doing it the same way.
                        I left out an important part sorry. They all pay the same club fee's and then pay a monthly extra fee that goes to the coach. The higher level/experience of the coach the higher the monthly fee to the coach is.

Comment

The real crossfire(Seattle) or the licensed clubs in Portland?

Comment

The real crossfire(Seattle) or the licensed clubs in Portland?
                            seattle club.

Comment

Top 6 clubs in WA pay coaches 15-20k a year per team.

Crossfire WA also includes benefits for their top/"full time" coaches.

LO/Crossfire OR, WUSC and FC pay their top coaches around 10-15k a year per team.

THUSC, PCU, and Bridlemile pay 4-9k a year per team

Westside 3-6k a year per team

I don't know about Eastside our Southside. I also don't know about the clubs in OR outside of the Portland area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X