OPL teams vs OYSA teams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see in Gu16 gold at crossfire two OYSA teams made quarters but both lost, Still not seeing where OPL teams "got crushed" but I still have more to look at.

Comment

Crossfire

When looking at tourney results keep in mind most really good U-14 and above teams are now ECNL. Sorry if this offends our OYSA brothern.

Comment

I see Eastside G99 Reds got beat by Crossfire ECNL - probably should get used to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          We are waiting for you to post some, you haven't in months. You just tell us all that your dd will get all of this great exposure that will be worthless because she isn't any good.

Yeah, huh, I don't really see anything so far on the girls side that would indicate OYSA dominance, in fact not anything close at all.

Comment

When looking at tourney results keep in mind most really good U-14 and above teams are now ECNL. Sorry if this offends our OYSA brothern.
            Wrong jr. Only the U14s are playing as a team. Which bring up the point, how are they doing? Or are they even playing in any tournaments? How are things going for the jr. ECNL'rs?

Comment

Wrong jr. Only the U14s are playing as a team. Which bring up the point, how are they doing? Or are they even playing in any tournaments? How are things going for the jr. ECNL'rs?
              OYSA/TA always look for short term results, probably why they all fizzle out at the older ages.

Comment

Yeah, huh, I don't really see anything so far on the girls side that would indicate OYSA dominance, in fact not anything close at all.
                and of course we all know that Onyx won a second national title.

Comment

and of course we all know that Onyx won a second national title.
                  Thanks Tom. You know you do have a club to run and don't really have time to spend here all day on TS.

Comment

Thanks Tom. You know you do have a club to run and don't really have time to spend here all day on TS.

Responding to yourself again^^^

Comment

I know some will say it is early but after scanning four tourneys this summer I can't help but see an overwhelming domination from OYSA teams vs OPL.... Both boys and girls side are very weak in the OPL. It's not total domination but I would say 70% domination....
                      I even looked outside the PDX and this weekend where OPL teams got whooped up at crossfire yet most of the OYSA teams faired well.
                      Yea I just don't see it. Was looking through at least the girls and looks pretty even to me. Then again your probably just a TA troll without a job.

Comment

Seek help for your obsession!

Comment

Dude!

Easy Francis,

Most girls U-14 and above that have tried out and made ECNL are taking it a little easy this summer. They play some tourneys and take some off. You arent getting non-ecnl teams gearing up for summer tourneys like in pre U-14's. The ECNL teams will start there tourney season in November. The summer tourney glow has lost a little luster knowing that they have college showcases lurking.

Comment

Instead of always arguing about which is better/worse, the truth is both sides are worse off right now.

OPL: Originally looked to have stronger female side, but only slightly. They got 2 ENCL clubs which is good for those clubs, however its bad for the league. If you take those top girls out of the OPL it weakens their girls side.

On the boys side its been fairly consistent that the top talent is at OYSA overall.

Even if one side has a little more talent than the other, both sides are hurt from this and its really frustrating. The only reason why both sides keep taking shots at one another is because they are hoping if one side looks bad enough maybe teams will start coming over. Talking to a coach over the weekend from a BSC club, that was basically their view point was he would take his team to the league that will give them the best games. I think many of those outliers will look at it that way. However, thats only the outliers, the main clubs are going to be stubburn regarldess what it does to the landscape of local soccer.

Comment

OYSA/TA always look for short term results, probably why they all fizzle out at the older ages.
                              how can you say "always" when most of the TA teams haven't even been TA teams more than a year. And haven't been with OYSA more than a year.

Comment

Instead of always arguing about which is better/worse, the truth is both sides are worse off right now.

OPL: Originally looked to have stronger female side, but only slightly. They got 2 ENCL clubs which is good for those clubs, however its bad for the league. If you take those top girls out of the OPL it weakens their girls side.

On the boys side its been fairly consistent that the top talent is at OYSA overall.

Even if one side has a little more talent than the other, both sides are hurt from this and its really frustrating. The only reason why both sides keep taking shots at one another is because they are hoping if one side looks bad enough maybe teams will start coming over. Talking to a coach over the weekend from a BSC club, that was basically their view point was he would take his team to the league that will give them the best games. I think many of those outliers will look at it that way. However, thats only the outliers, the main clubs are going to be stubburn regarldess what it does to the landscape of local soccer.
                                do most clubs even have a choice? There are a few outliers out there like you mentioned that do, but for the most part the TA clubs have to do OYSA, and the few clubs loyal to OPL seem to be stuck there as well.

And really how many kids/parents have a choice in the league, yes there is the option to switch clubs, but most kids are not playing at XX club because they play in a certain league, they are playing at a certain club that is the best fit for them and their family, for us that means proximity to where we live, and who my daughter wants to spend her time with. While its a free country and I have the choice to take my daughter to a club farther away, she wouldn't be happy about it. And our family would suffer a ton from the time spent apart in the car, and the finical strain of more money for gas.

another thing, when we picked this club we are with we weren't a TA club and had no idea becoming a TA club was looming. And weren't told so until it happened mid season. Again, yes we would have had a choice to move clubs at that point but it wasn't really an option for our family and really going to another club doesn't change the fact that there is still less competition for any team.

The split does nothing but harm Oregon soccer.

Is anyone really considering switching clubs to be in another league? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X