Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPL teams vs OYSA teams

I know some will say it is early but after scanning four tourneys this summer I can't help but see an overwhelming domination from OYSA teams vs OPL.... Both boys and girls side are very weak in the OPL. It's not total domination but I would say 70% domination....
    I even looked outside the PDX and this weekend where OPL teams got whooped up at crossfire yet most of the OYSA teams faired well.

OPL teams are losing steam.

Comment

Its somewhat tough to judge because obviously we know that the TA clubs and probably PCU are all in on OYSA, and the crossfire, FCP, and Thusc teams are all in on OPL. The rest of the teams though are still up in the air, at some ages they may go OPL and some ages OYSA. So until the fall leagues come out it will be tough to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I know some will say it is early but after scanning four tourneys this summer I can't help but see an overwhelming domination from OYSA teams vs OPL.... Both boys and girls side are very weak in the OPL. It's not total domination but I would say 70% domination....
        I even looked outside the PDX and this weekend where OPL teams got whooped up at crossfire yet most of the OYSA teams faired well.
        Does it matter if one is stronger than the other? If they never play each other in leagues and state cups, it's seems senseless to bother comparing them.

Comment

Does it matter if one is stronger than the other? If they never play each other in leagues and state cups, it's seems senseless to bother comparing them.
          Not at all. The whole justification OPL gave when they came into existence was that they were going to create a more competitive league for the elite teams. The reality we seem to have seen is the top OPL clubs attempting to pull all of the competitive players out of all the other teams leaving 2 or 3 teams where the strong talent concentrates and a whole lot of other teams left much weaker.

Now those top teams are leaving to
          Chase ECNL, and OPL is left as a skeleton of what it was supposed to be. In my opinion if you are not ECNL, then you should stay away from any OPL clubs, they will be like playing at a bronze rec level.

Comment

Yet another tired remix/rehash argument of a tired old debate....yawn

Comment

Truth

Truth of the matter is the State of soccer in our area is weaker for this debate. There are a few exceptions were active coaches were able to recruit talent and build a team. FCSC 00's and Onyx as example. Our teams as a whole need to come together in one league so every game is a challenge.

The dilution of talent to the credit of money grabs by all clubs is quickly making our area a joke in soccer. We dont travel well.

The debate on we are better, no we are, is tired. Fact is it all sucks a little, and will continue to until it all merges again. Put the BS aside. Park your ambitions DOC's and do what is right for the kids.

Comment

Wow, even this troll bait is getting old. Hint** stop wasting your time, no one is going to read your half ass analysis, then decide to pick up and move to another league.

Comment

Wow, even this troll bait is getting old. Hint** stop wasting your time, no one is going to read your half ass analysis, then decide to pick up and move to another league.
                  Yes, it must be tiring having to read the facts and then trying to come up with ways to deflect them.

Comment

I, too, am angry about these DOCs caring more about their egos and their pocketbooks than about the players. My kid is not happy, is it too late to switch teams? Will it be better though? I feel if things don't change for my kid's experience they may decide it's not worth it and quit. It would be a shame because this has been the kids passion for so long.

Comment

Yes, it must be tiring having to read the facts and then trying to come up with ways to deflect them.

Whatever "facts" you come up with, I can bring up just as many "facts" to shoot your arguments down. There's enough "facts" on both sides to continue to do this forever. You should maybe get a job or another hobby to spend your days with.

Comment

OPL Going Forward

Not at all. The whole justification OPL gave when they came into existence was that they were going to create a more competitive league for the elite teams. ***
                        Original reason for OPL was less travel for Portland clubs; club-inspired decision-making; and response to perceived weaknesses of OYSA (lacking accountability, bureaucratic).

OPL will need to continue to evolve to be relevant. Part of their current justification might be they:
                        Last edited by Slow Xavi; 07-21-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Whatever "facts" you come up with, I can bring up just as many "facts" to shoot your arguments down. There's enough "facts" on both sides to continue to do this forever. You should maybe get a job or another hobby to spend your days with.
                          We are waiting for you to post some, you haven't in months. You just tell us all that your dd will get all of this great exposure that will be worthless because she isn't any good.

Comment

Lets see, I don't have the time like you do to look all this up, but the first crossfire challenge bracket I looked at was G U13 Gold and their were one team from OSYA in the quarter finals and two from OPL and the OYSA team lost 5-0 the two OPL teams lost 2-0 and 1-0. I don't see your argument in that age division. I will check up with you when I get a chance to look at other divisions.

Comment

Looking at GU14 gold at Crossfire Challenge no one from OYSA or OPL was in the quarterfinals. I see that one OYSA team in Gu15 gold made it to quarterfinals but lost 1-0.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X