Stop talking about them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this whole thread started because one person thought the 00 age group was u15? Awkward :/

Looking at the tournament, there are a few Gold Brackets that were moved an age group to silver.

So many assumptions flying around TS

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1323679]
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I meant they should be playing in U15 gold division.
      Doesn't matter what you meant, you are clearly just a *****.

Comment

Hi all just wanted to chime in. I'm the Chicas head coach. First off thank you to all of the players,coaches, parents, the Oregon soccer community and the whole state in general for providing us with a truly memorable trip. Both the Eugene and Beaverton tournaments were fun for us. Beautiful scenery, beautiful fields and beautiful people. There seems to be some confusion as to our age. In Hawaii we use a August 1 cutoff for our divisions, which would make us U13. But the tournament directors notified us that they would be using the 2015 calendar, which would put us in U14. I was unsure of what division to place us in, I wanted it to be competitive for us. It was our first time to a mainland tournament. Yes we were fortunate to do well in both tourneys. In our league here we usually place the team in a higher division for the challenge, alot of the teams here are coed which provides even more challenge. I hope this clears everything up. We would like to return someday, and don't want a bad rep.
        Once again thank you Oregon !!!!!!!

Comment

Hi all just wanted to chime in. I'm the Chicas head coach. First off thank you to all of the players,coaches, parents, the Oregon soccer community and the whole state in general for providing us with a truly memorable trip. Both the Eugene and Beaverton tournaments were fun for us. Beautiful scenery, beautiful fields and beautiful people. There seems to be some confusion as to our age. In Hawaii we use a August 1 cutoff for our divisions, which would make us U13. But the tournament directors notified us that they would be using the 2015 calendar, which would put us in U14. I was unsure of what division to place us in, I wanted it to be competitive for us. It was our first time to a mainland tournament. Yes we were fortunate to do well in both tourneys. In our league here we usually place the team in a higher division for the challenge, alot of the teams here are coed which provides even more challenge. I hope this clears everything up. We would like to return someday, and don't want a bad rep.
          Congrats you have a great team top to bottom. Your keeper is the real deal! We'd love to have you back in Oregon next year. Good luck!

Comment

Your team caught my eye before one of my dd's games and I watched you play, your have a good team, please come back. It's nice to have that competition here.

Comment

Was this whole thread started because one person thought the 00 age group was u15? Awkward :/

Looking at the tournament, there are a few Gold Brackets that were moved an age group to silver.

So many assumptions flying around TS
              It's so funny that teams don't know what age group they are. I'm not talking about the Hawaii team as it's clear that they were unsure where to place themselves so I give them a pass. But the local teams, you all know what age you are and who the more competitive teams are. So you should know how to talk to the tournament director to ensure you get good competition. Sheesh.

Comment

It's so funny that teams don't know what age group they are. I'm not talking about the Hawaii team as it's clear that they were unsure where to place themselves so I give them a pass. But the local teams, you all know what age you are and who the more competitive teams are. So you should know how to talk to the tournament director to ensure you get good competition. Sheesh.
                Yes, but I also think that the tournament directors need to take a little more control and make sure teams are placed appropriately. Not that it's completely out of control, but there is room for improvement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X