Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you seen some of the lower quality ECNL teams?
    If you haven't, just watch the CU U14 team the next time they play. You know the teams that have zero ECNL wins and score two goals and give up fifty? Well, they will be one of them. At least they won't be the only local ECNL team that performs like that. Misery loves company.

Comment

If you haven't, just watch the CU U14 team the next time they play. You know the teams that have zero ECNL wins and score two goals and give up fifty? Well, they will be one of them. At least they won't be the only local ECNL team that performs like that. Misery loves company.
      Am I the only one here that find it strange that an adult would go on here and trash talk a team of 13 year old girls.

Comment

Am I the only one here that find it strange that an adult would go on here and trash talk a team of 13 year old girls.
        Actually they are symbolic of the local ECNL teams and why the turnout was so low. Not trashing them, trashing Oregon ECNL instead. And Tom too, because it's so fun to do.

Comment

Yes and I've seen the other 80% too

For your money the academy will get the more quality per dollar. Have you seen some of the lower quality ECNL teams?
          You constantly bring this up as a reason not to do ECNL but fail to mention all the weak teams in the FWRL or the joke of playing in OYSA's 1U8.

Unlike you I have stood on the sidelines of the ECNL showcase events and the first round of the National playoffs and I can tell you that the bottom half of the ECNL is better than all but the top 10% of the teams not participating.

Yes in various age groups about 20% of the ECNL teams are not as strong the league as a whole but when you focus on that you completely ignore that our ECNL teams are going to be playing teams from all over the country in the 3 showcase events and the National Playoff.

Where is the Academy going to get meaningful competition? Maybe 3 FWRL league games, maybe 1 at the Colorado showcase, 3 at Vegas and the 4 games at Regionals. Wow 11 meaningful games for $3,600 to be divided between 25 players!

For someone concerned about the number of touches an ECNL player could get that's a lot of players to share only 22 halves of quality soccer.

Comment

You are not alone

He is just like the Republicans who said Obama care would not work. He is desperate to see the ECNL fail especially at CU.

The fact that he does not understand that losing, particularly at the beginning of a season, is part of the development process says everything about his understanding of developmental sports and his obsession with that groups speaks volumes about his character.

Comment

Actually they are symbolic of the local ECNL teams and why the turnout was so low. Not trashing them, trashing Oregon ECNL instead. And Tom too, because it's so fun to do.
              So you are not really trashing the team when you say,

"If you haven't, just watch the CU U14 team the next time they play. You know the teams that have zero ECNL wins and score two goals and give up fifty? Well, they will be one of them. At least they won't be the only local ECNL team that performs like that. Misery loves company"

You are actually trashing Oregon ECNL and Tom, because it is fun to do??

That makes total sense now.

Comment

The Timbers and TA are DESPERATE to counter the ECNL. It is shameful. Sure there are weak teams in the ECNL. There are weak teams in FWRL, college showcases, Oregon, Washington, California and all across the country in every league, tournament, and anything else you can think of. That doesn't change the FACT that ECNL is the most competitive league in the country or that the ECNL has created a model that consolidates talent, recruiters and brings together the highest number of players making the USWNT. Top players and teams play in the ECNL because it offers the best competition you can find.

ECNL has created a model to manage costs but it is still expensive due to travel requirements. Not everyone can afford it or wants it. There is nothing wrong with that. We have plenty of clubs, leagues, showcase tournaments to go around. Oregon has a lot of kids off playing in college without the ECNL. ECNL is a new opportunity for those who want it.

The ECNL bashing is over the top and reeks of desperation. It only proves the Timbers and TA are not about improving soccer.

Comment

So you are not really trashing the team when you say,

"If you haven't, just watch the CU U14 team the next time they play. You know the teams that have zero ECNL wins and score two goals and give up fifty? Well, they will be one of them. At least they won't be the only local ECNL team that performs like that. Misery loves company"

You are actually trashing Oregon ECNL and Tom, because it is fun to do??

That makes total sense now.
                  Must be someone from WST. That makes perfect sense.

Comment

He is just like the Republicans who said Obama care would not work. He is desperate to see the ECNL fail especially at CU.

The fact that he does not understand that losing, particularly at the beginning of a season, is part of the development process says everything about his understanding of developmental sports and his obsession with that groups speaks volumes about his character.
                    The Obama care argument is a little different. For one thing, no one is trashing 13 year old girls to try to make a point.

I am not really all for ECNL in Oregon either. I am assuming most of us on here are parents so all of our understanding of developmental sports is limited. It is all personal choices. Because you go one way or another does not mean that you have a better understanding of developmental sports. It is nuts how there are groups of people so polarizing on this subject.

Comment

The Timbers and TA are DESPERATE to counter the ECNL. It is shameful. Sure there are weak teams in the ECNL. There are weak teams in FWRL, college showcases, Oregon, Washington, California and all across the country in every league, tournament, and anything else you can think of. That doesn't change the FACT that ECNL is the most competitive league in the country or that the ECNL has created a model that consolidates talent, recruiters and brings together the highest number of players making the USWNT. Top players and teams play in the ECNL because it offers the best competition you can find.

ECNL has created a model to manage costs but it is still expensive due to travel requirements. Not everyone can afford it or wants it. There is nothing wrong with that. We have plenty of clubs, leagues, showcase tournaments to go around. Oregon has a lot of kids off playing in college without the ECNL. ECNL is a new opportunity for those who want it.

The ECNL bashing is over the top and reeks of desperation. It only proves the Timbers and TA are not about improving soccer.
                      How about the Thorn's Academy bashing? Using your logic, you can just insert ECNL or OPL where you previously had Timbers and TA.

Comment

You constantly bring this up as a reason not to do ECNL but fail to mention all the weak teams in the FWRL or the joke of playing in OYSA's 1U8.

Unlike you I have stood on the sidelines of the ECNL showcase events and the first round of the National playoffs and I can tell you that the bottom half of the ECNL is better than all but the top 10% of the teams not participating.

Yes in various age groups about 20% of the ECNL teams are not as strong the league as a whole but when you focus on that you completely ignore that our ECNL teams are going to be playing teams from all over the country in the 3 showcase events and the National Playoff.
                        You don't make the national playoffs unless you are a good team, so no worries about standing on the sidelines this year.

And that bottom 20% are not even as strong as good non-ECNL teams. Note I said good, not great non-ECNL teams.

And I now note that your arguement is about competition, not scholarships. You ECNL folks need to get your story straight.

Comment

The Obama care argument is a little different. For one thing, no one is trashing 13 year old girls to try to make a point.

I am not really all for ECNL in Oregon either. I am assuming most of us on here are parents so all of our understanding of developmental sports is limited. It is all personal choices. Because you go one way or another does not mean that you have a better understanding of developmental sports. It is nuts how there are groups of people so polarizing on this subject.
                          Don't tell the ECNL people that they don't know about development. You see, when they signed the ECNL paperwork, they were handed a certificate that states that they now know more about girls soccer and girls soccer development than any non ECNl parent. It's a magical transformation that happens. Just like when their dds get on and ECNL team, they go from being mediocre players with maybe low level college potential into being top players with D1 potential. It's magic.

Comment

How about the Thorn's Academy bashing? Using your logic, you can just insert ECNL or OPL where you previously had Timbers and TA.
                            The only Thorns bashing I have read here is over the Timbers claims it will offer equal competition at a lower price. It will not offer comparable competition and they know it. However it is a great opportunity for many girls.

Comment

You don't make the national playoffs unless you are a good team, so no worries about standing on the sidelines this year.

And that bottom 20% are not even as strong as good non-ECNL teams. Note I said good, not great non-ECNL teams.

And I now note that your arguement is about competition, not scholarships. You ECNL folks need to get your story straight.
                              You're making such an absolute statement. You must be an authority and have watched and studied all 70+ teams in the ECNL across all 5 age groups.

You have no credibility making such foolish statements. Your opinion also conflicts wih the rest of the country and don't try to call out scal as an example. They are an anomaly. We live in Oregon.

Comment

The only Thorns bashing I have read here is over the Timbers claims it will offer equal competition at a lower price. It will not offer comparable competition and they know it. However it is a great opportunity for many girls.
                                Hey the Thorns are playing in the FC Wintershowcase and the Tacoma Showcase

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X