Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not the person you responded to but is this really a very educated rebuttal "How in the world are you going to pay for ECNL?"

I'm guessing the parent has a job and makes money. I'm assuming you do the same.
    You probably get lost in your own house.

I get that they have a job, my point is that it's highly doubtful that they make much given their demonstrated intelligence.

Comment

You get an F for paying attention last night. The coaching fees are included in the ALL IN $ numbers posted on the CU website. DK to what degree the managers fees are covered but IME they are not 100%.
      I wasn't referring to the coaching fees, was talking about league fees, tournament fees, and any other fees that teams incur. Glad you were paying attention last night. Fraser didn't use too many big words so you probably felt comfortable with what he was saying.

Comment

You probably get lost in your own house.

I get that they have a job, my point is that it's highly doubtful that they make much given their demonstrated intelligence.
        I go it. You were just calling him stupid. Very big of you...smarty pants.

Comment

I go it. You were just calling him stupid. Very big of you...smarty pants.
          No, I was just pointing it out. He made the point himself. So did you.

Comment

League & Tourney INCLUDED

I wasn't referring to the coaching fees, was talking about league fees, tournament fees, and any other fees that teams incur. Glad you were paying attention last night. Fraser didn't use too many big words so you probably felt comfortable with what he was saying.
            The numbers posted include the tourney & league fees plus estimated travel.

If you had any doubt you should have asked questions after.

Comment

if you put the $9500 difference in the bank every year that is a pile at college entrance time.
              If I won the lottery and put the money in the bank then I would have a pile at college entrance time.

I heard that MP is going to give each player $5000 a year to put into their college savings for every year they play on the Thorn's academy.

It is amazing how people are here throwing out that the Thorn's Academy is only $500. It is even funnier to see adults buy into this fantasy.

Do you really think the Thorn's Academy is going to cost less than ODP or RTC?

Comment

If you get better coaches good competition and it's cheaper the thorns academy will be successful.

Comment

If you get better coaches good competition and it's cheaper the thorns academy will be successful.
                  More successful playing no one. The mythical Thorns have no league to play in.

Everyone needs to understand that there is no competition to the ECNL. You can play locally and travel to tournaments but there no comparison to the ECNL but smoke and mirrors.... and lies.

Comment

Problem is that there won't be better coaches and there won't be good competition. It's not even clear that it will be less expensive. Unless, of course, it never happens, and then it's free unicorns, rainbows, juiceboxes, and foam fingers for all that "kept the faith" far too long...

Comment

That is the plan.

Comment

Problem is that there won't be better coaches and there won't be good competition.
                        How do you know this ? Just beause YOU haven't seen it or tried it, doesn't mean it wont be good. Who crowned you the all mighty master of soccer sorcery and wisdom ? We get it, your an OPC/OPL supporter and will probably shell out the buck and be a parent of a first year ECNL player in Oregon. That's OK, that's your right to do so, just like it would be others to do the same with the Thorns should they offer a similar program.

Why wouldn't an academy team compete well playing up one year in their league ? ONYX does well in the OPL doing that and they are probably the closest thing we have right now that is young enough to do that and is competitive at it.

Comment

Nice Concept

That is the plan.
                          How about the Timbers share the Deets of that "plan"?

Oh wait that's just a CONCEPT.

If it was a PLAN they could tell us:

How many teams and what ages
                          Who the coaches are
                          Where and how often they are going to practice
                          Who they are going to play
                          and the elephant in the room HOW MUCH IT IS GOING TO COST.

That is called a plan.

Comment

How about the Timbers share the Deets of that "plan"?

Oh wait that's just a CONCEPT.

If it was a PLAN they could tell us:

How many teams and what ages
                            Who the coaches are
                            Where and how often they are going to practice
                            Who they are going to play
                            and the elephant in the room HOW MUCH IT IS GOING TO COST.

That is called a plan.
                            I would assume, like many others here, that they don't have all those questions worked out. When/If they do, I'm sure they will share it with the masses...and you too.

Comment

So Thorns Academy will be subsidized? Hopefully it is similar to the DA.

Comment

I've heard that one team knows the answers. I've heard some of them. I can share them but I'd rather keep it to myself. But, the dollar figure is greater than $500 and less than $5000. It's a very attractive number.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X