Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So ECNL is where good players go to play, but it doesn't create the players.
    Yes! You have to go play H.S. club soccer at eastside or medford for that.

Comment

written the checks, have you?

$10,000 is a joke. I sure didn't spend more than $9,000 for the year.

If parent travel is included, that's another story but that's irrelevant.

Comment

Have you even looked at either the CU or FCP web sites? Did you see the U14 league schedule?

Of course you haven't, but you thought you would post on TS anyway.

Comment

So ECNL is where good players go to play, but it doesn't create the players.
          In the US of A rarely can a team, coach or club provide for the complete development of top players and get them to reach their potential. Knocking the ECNL for providing top quality competition yet not developing the players from scratch is just silly and ignores the structure of US soccer.

I would however point out that if you look at the rosters of established ECNL clubs like WPFC and WA Crossfire you will see a majority are "home grown" and over time you will see the same happen here with the best migrating earlier and earlier to those clubs which is why the TA is working so hard to scare parents away by discrediting the clear advantages of the league.

Bottom line...they are scared sh*tless because they can look around the country and see what has happened to the competing clubs in those markets and it ain't pretty!

Comment

Have you even looked at either the CU or FCP web sites? Did you see the U14 league schedule?

Of course you haven't, but you thought you would post on TS anyway.
            Have YOU written the checks!??

Comment

Have YOU written the checks!??
              Actually, yes. We have paid the $2000 training fee for the year. The rest, we will have to wait and see if our DD makes the traveling squad for the various events. If not we don't pay. Very similar to our old club except we pay a little more for training per year, and then pay to travel. Except we found the increase in training fees to be more then fair considering the number of practices that are included. But that's just us. I'm sure your opinion will differ.

Comment

In the US of A rarely can a team, coach or club provide for the complete development of top players and get them to reach their potential. Knocking the ECNL for providing top quality competition yet not developing the players from scratch is just silly and ignores the structure of US soccer.

I would however point out that if you look at the rosters of established ECNL clubs like WPFC and WA Crossfire you will see a majority are "home grown" and over time you will see the same happen here with the best migrating earlier and earlier to those clubs which is why the TA is working so hard to scare parents away by discrediting the clear advantages of the league.

Bottom line...they are scared sh*tless because they can look around the country and see what has happened to the competing clubs in those markets and it ain't pretty!
                So you are one of the idiots who thinks that because your dd made an ECNL team that she will magically become a top player. Keep writing those checks and keep hoping.

Comment

So you are one of the idiots who thinks that because your dd made an ECNL team that she will magically become a top player. Keep writing those checks and keep hoping.
                  As a parent of a DD that did make an ECNL squad, I don't consider myself to be an idiot. The fact you have resorted to name calling is very telling. I don't think she will 'magically' become a top player. I do expect her to have fun, to learn, to enjoy it and to work her ass off all at the same time. If after a year of better competition and double the number of practices she 'magically' becomes better, so be it. Either way, we are looking forward to experience and she says she is ready for the challenge.

Comment

As a parent of a DD that did make an ECNL squad, I don't consider myself to be an idiot. The fact you have resorted to name calling is very telling. I don't think she will 'magically' become a top player. I do expect her to have fun, to learn, to enjoy it and to work her ass off all at the same time. If after a year of better competition and double the number of practices she 'magically' becomes better, so be it. Either way, we are looking forward to experience and she says she is ready for the challenge.
                    Brava! The TA cavemen and lemmings will never understand this line of thinking but good on your for trying :)

Comment

This is pretty well know that it should hit $10,000. But thanks for bringing it up.

Comment

Based upon what you are saying, I think ECNL will not be a pleasant experience for you. I'm not saying this as a hater but as someone who is the father of female soccer player and who has seen a lot in girls soccer. ECNL does not manufacture players. It will improve players who want improvement. The ECNL players I've seen who get a lot out of it are girls who are really driven and are really good athletes. Maybe your dd is that type of player. But is she the player who can go to any team and be a starter? Can she make a team without even trying out? Is she a player every coach in the league knows? Have you asked her coaches if they see her as a college player? And if so, at what level?

Comment

Based upon what you are saying, I think ECNL will not be a pleasant experience for you. I'm not saying this as a hater but as someone who is the father of female soccer player and who has seen a lot in girls soccer. ECNL does not manufacture players. It will improve players who want improvement. The ECNL players I've seen who get a lot out of it are girls who are really driven and are really good athletes. Maybe your dd is that type of player. But is she the player who can go to any team and be a starter? Can she make a team without even trying out? Is she a player every coach in the league knows? Have you asked her coaches if they see her as a college player? And if so, at what level?
                          Some great questions! My honest answer to many of them is I don't know. Is she a starter? She always has been, on a couple of teams in both leagues. Driven? It was her idea to try out. Can she go to any team and be a starter? Yea, from I have seen over the years of watching soccer and knowing what I know of the other teams, players and depending on age bracket (has played up). Can she make a team without trying out? Never tried it. (usually make at least one) Does every coach know her name? Not all for sure, but all would know her by sight. Have I asked her coaches if they see her as a college player? No, I haven't asked, but I will. (I wasn't thinking college per se, this has been her 'deal'), I haven't because I don't see her playing college soccer.

I see your point.

Comment

This is pretty well know that it should hit $10,000. But thanks for bringing it up.
                            I meant "shouldn't"

Comment

I meant "shouldn't"
                              It won't.

Comment

I agree, it will easily hit $10,000 and without parent travel. That's what we are budgeting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X