Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are getting defensive, so there is no point in posting anymore.
    Yes, because you have no idea what you are talking about and are only on here to try to give a sense of security to your ECNL players. So which club do you work for? CU or FCP? I know it is one or the other. It's clear that you don't want your parents knowing the truth.

Comment

You are unbearable and did not read the post so this answer makes no sense. First, you can not call the conference you have to call the coach. And as I said before. we do call the schools my player is interested This is how you get the most accurate information.
      And so do I. And I know what the facts are.

Comment

Yes, because you have no idea what you are talking about and are only on here to try to give a sense of security to your ECNL players. So which club do you work for? CU or FCP? I know it is one or the other. It's clear that you don't want your parents knowing the truth.
        The truth?! You mean about how the Thorns Academy is now sweeping the nation?!

Comment

You are getting defensive, so there is no point in posting anymore.
          Ok, lets play it your way. If you are talking to a local ECNL parent of a 2015 or 2016 girl and she has no offers right now, what conferences and schools and divisions would you tell them to try to contact? What would tell them if they told you their dd wants Pac 12? I'm anxious to read your reply.

Comment

Settle down. My player does not play on an ECNL team. I do know because I have been doing this for years.

However, I am not opposed to the ECNL. I think the Academy and all the opportunities available to the girls are awesome.

I guess the question for you is WHY does the ECNL require the most showcase events out of U16/U17 teams? Why is the Academy selling the program for U16/U7?

It is because these ARE the recruitment years!

Comment

Chuckle huh? Throw-in? You do realize you have not mentioned "money" in any of your posts ? Just the word "commitments." The money discussion is much different and can be complicated. We can have that discussion if you are confused.

I have been doing this for a long time and I know about all the web sites. (Though I used those more when I was a rookie.) Now we make calls for more accurate information.
              Yes, it made me chuckle. Your post ended with "There are several coaches still looking at the class of 2015. What does run out quickly is money," which was in support of your posts that others were crazy for stating that slots are filled for 85% of the 2015 class. I tried to be nice. Now, I simply say, "duh." If your goal is just to get a spot on a roster, then most of this thread doesn't even apply. I think most people assume that the discussion about college opportunities at the D1 level relate to some type of financial contribution, not just a spot on the roster. I'm glad you and your associates are able to make money off sucker families, but that doesn't mean you're right.

Comment

So what are you telling the Academy girls

I your world it's too late for ANY Oregon 17 including the academy. I would remind you that only a handful of our player are currently developed to the point they get offers from the schools you are talking about. Only our ODP of ID players are competing for those slots and if they are they have been on the radar of those programs for some time.

As for the value of the ECNL for the 17's ask those top coaches you are sooooo connected to where they want them to play the next two years and then get back to us!

Comment

Yes, it made me chuckle. Your post ended with "There are several coaches still looking at the class of 2015. What does run out quickly is money," which was in support of your posts that others were crazy for stating that slots are filled for 85% of the 2015 class. I tried to be nice. Now, I simply say, "duh." If your goal is just to get a spot on a roster, then most of this thread doesn't even apply. I think most people assume that the discussion about college opportunities at the D1 level relate to some type of financial contribution, not just a spot on the roster. I'm glad you and your associates are able to make money off sucker families, but that doesn't mean you're right.
                  Here is a credible website which shows that there are only a handful of 2016 commits to the major programs. Yes I know it's not inclusive of all the programs but it is indicative of the proportion of offers out. I agree that there will be more this fall but to say that a majority of the openings that our current girls are qualified for are going to be filled is simply a false assertion.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...1E&output=html

When you look at the Oregon class of 2014 and the 30+ commits if you exclude the U of O and OSU commits you see only few going to your "top programs".

Unlike the boys programs where there is a lucrative professional career at the end of the rainbow 99% of the girls do not strive for the top programs but the programs that fit them best academically first and athletically second.

Comment

Why should they tell you the truth

I know that you say that you have this "inside knowledge" because you have called the target schools fro your DD and then you have extrapolated that to all of the major divisions. The question I have for you or anyone who thinks they know the real story prior to signing day is why would ANY coach tell you where he was in the process other than to the specific position your DD is interested in and even then why should you believe that "sorry we are already committed" is true and not a polite way to tell you that she is not what he/she is looking for?

The PROOF that you have vastly over stated the condition of offers out and their acceptance is the presence of major school college coaches on the sidelines of U17 games at ECNL events in December, February, April and July. Yes those same coaches are going to be looking at the 16's at those events too but if their offers had been accepted and they truly full why would they waste their time and not focus on the 15's and 16's.

Even if you are another college recruiter do you think the competition is going to be showing you their hand?

This is big time sports with careers on the line and information is power. I can tell you from first hand experience that one coach who made my DD a very generous offer went around telling other coaches that she was going to his school even though she had not even made a campus visit.

We can only know what is published as verbal acceptance and even that is subject to change.

Lastly and EQUALLY important there are many quality D2 & D3 programs with high quality academic offerings that will be on the sidelines looking to fill out their rosters too some of which can provide more "help" than your "top quality" D1 programs making the value of that offer significantly better than the scrap our girls get at the better D1 programs.

Simply focusing on the number of "top level" D1 openings for a reason not to play ECNL is a disservice for 80% of our current girls and misses the entire point of ECNL.

Comment

Here is a credible website which shows that there are only a handful of 2016 commits to the major programs. Yes I know it's not inclusive of all the programs but it is indicative of the proportion of offers out. I agree that there will be more this fall but to say that a majority of the openings that our current girls are qualified for are going to be filled is simply a false assertion.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...1E&output=html

When you look at the Oregon class of 2014 and the 30+ commits if you exclude the U of O and OSU commits you see only few going to your "top programs".

Unlike the boys programs where there is a lucrative professional career at the end of the rainbow 99% of the girls do not strive for the top programs but the programs that fit them best academically first and athletically second.
                      You do realize that this database is dependent upon the players communicating and not the schools? It is in case you don't. And many girls don't take the time to do it. And you do realize that classes at many programs, especially top programs, are only 25-28? Which means that classes are only 6-8 players deep. If a school only lists 4-6 players, that doesn't mean they have 2-4 positions open. In all likelihood they have a few players who haven't reported and there are offers out to players to fill the other positions.

Comment

I know that you say that you have this "inside knowledge" because you have called the target schools fro your DD and then you have extrapolated that to all of the major divisions. The question I have for you or anyone who thinks they know the real story prior to signing day is why would ANY coach tell you where he was in the process other than to the specific position your DD is interested in and even then why should you believe that "sorry we are already committed" is true and not a polite way to tell you that she is not what he/she is looking for?

The PROOF that you have vastly over stated the condition of offers out and their acceptance is the presence of major school college coaches on the sidelines of U17 games at ECNL events in December, February, April and July. Yes those same coaches are going to be looking at the 16's at those events too but if their offers had been accepted and they truly full why would they waste their time and not focus on the 15's and 16's.

Even if you are another college recruiter do you think the competition is going to be showing you their hand?

This is big time sports with careers on the line and information is power. I can tell you from first hand experience that one coach who made my DD a very generous offer went around telling other coaches that she was going to his school even though she had not even made a campus visit.

We can only know what is published as verbal acceptance and even that is subject to change.

Lastly and EQUALLY important there are many quality D2 & D3 programs with high quality academic offerings that will be on the sidelines looking to fill out their rosters too some of which can provide more "help" than your "top quality" D1 programs making the value of that offer significantly better than the scrap our girls get at the better D1 programs.

Simply focusing on the number of "top level" D1 openings for a reason not to play ECNL is a disservice for 80% of our current girls and misses the entire point of ECNL.
                        It's incredible how much energy is bring expended here.

Comment

It truly is. It's as if the ECNL people have to write huge justifications so that they feel better about their deision.

Comment

It truly is. It's as if the ECNL people have to write huge justifications so that they feel better about their deision.
                            More like, clearing the air of b.s. being tossed about fast and loose about the ecnl that is inaccurate.

Comment

More like, clearing the air of b.s. being tossed about fast and loose about the ecnl that is inaccurate.
                              But nobody reads more than two sentences of it unless it has a hook. Look at marketing research. It's like when someone starts monologuing at a cocktail party and you look around and nobody is paying attention.

Comment

What's incredible is the amount of energy the anti ECNL crowd spend on this forum. You then complain when people make logical posts you complain about the post itself.

I hope people realize what is going on here. The Timbers and TA are desperate to attack the ECNL. They are motivated by greed and not what's right for youth soccer and girls soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X