Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are mistaken. The regional camp invites are invited by the regional staff. This comes from evaluations from the odp championships, friendship cup and to a lesser extent head coach evaluation input. There is very little politicking involved. None of the full time Region Iv staff is from Oregon.

Next excuse please.
    This is true. Speaking of the 2000G age group, the head coach was from Bend and the assistant coach was the previous Wash Timbers 99 coach. Could be mistaken but I'm not sure any 99 Reds or Bend players made regional camp. I think the same could be said of the 01G age group as well when you look at the listed coaches and players invited. I think there is a lot of this collusion you speak of made up in your head.

Comment

Some of you need to have a little self respect. My goodness some of you sound like babies. Truly.

My DD did not do it the previous year because her club coach said she wasn't ready yet. We waited until last year and she try'd out. Didn't know any of the coaches and made it to regional camp where she had a great time and learned a lot.

I find it completely laughable that some people cannot handle not getting chosen for something if they DID NOT earn it. The previous poster was right. Someone being vetted through 6-8 coaches to be chosen or NOT chosen is ALL political or another parent of a sub-par player needs to make an excuse why their kid wasn't gifted something not earned.
      Spot on. Entitlement is everywhere. Hopefully it will be less now that those people can simply pay 10k a year to feel like they are special

Comment

Spot on. Entitlement is everywhere. Hopefully it will be less now that those people can simply pay 10k a year to feel like they are special
        I don't believe you. None of these parents make excuses for their kids. And certainly none of them think they know more than coaches. Not on Talking Soccer and never with parents.

Comment

Consider ....

This is true. Speaking of the 2000G age group, the head coach was from Bend and the assistant coach was the previous Wash Timbers 99 coach. Could be mistaken but I'm not sure any 99 Reds or Bend players made regional camp. I think the same could be said of the 01G age group as well when you look at the listed coaches and players invited. I think there is a lot of this collusion you speak of made up in your head.
          All you people thinking that politics aren't involved with some players just wait: Year after year long-term ODP players are not chosen for the Region IV roster. Then several on the roster for years will not get college offers. And just why were they on the ODP roster when they didn't even start on their club team? You'll see, ultimately.

Comment

All you people thinking that politics aren't involved with some players just wait: Year after year long-term ODP players are not chosen for the Region IV roster. Then several on the roster for years will not get college offers. And just why were they on the ODP roster when they didn't even start on their club team? You'll see, ultimately.
            Minus the not getting college scholarships.

Maybe possibly there was politics at the club level to keep the player from being a starter.

Comment

This change makes Regional Camp pointless!

You are mistaken. The regional camp invites are invited by the regional staff. This comes from evaluations from the odp championships, friendship cup and to a lesser extent head coach evaluation input. There is very little politicking involved. None of the full time Region Iv staff is from Oregon.

Next excuse please.
              I think you mean the Regional Hold over is now by invite only not the NW Regional Camp.

You are missing the point and the real life experience of many girls over the years. The stars come into Regional Camp knowing they are going to hold over and regularly get out played. Since the game is fixed who gets to Holdover except 1 or 2 "newbies" what is the point? Why spend the money and take the time when the coaches don't even put you at your regular end of the pitch for evaluation or training?

BTW DD has D1 offer in hand so this is not about sour grapes but just the facts about how the ODP process is not a series of tryouts where you work your way up the ladder.

Comment

Still no listing for Vancouver RTC girls tryouts. Are they not having them?

Comment

Still no listing for Vancouver RTC girls tryouts. Are they not having them?
                  Do they have any girls good enough?

Comment

I think the two Pacific teams at 03 plan to tryout if they have one in Vancouver. Will be the strongest RTC group if they do.

Comment

The '00 Vancouver RTC would be really good

Comment

The '00 Vancouver RTC would be really good
                        There is no '00 RTC. 1 pool of ODP only with tryouts in Salem

Comment

I think the two Pacific teams at 03 plan to tryout if they have one in Vancouver. Will be the strongest RTC group if they do.
                          Thanks dad.

Comment

I think you mean the Regional Hold over is now by invite only not the NW Regional Camp.

You are missing the point and the real life experience of many girls over the years. The stars come into Regional Camp knowing they are going to hold over and regularly get out played. Since the game is fixed who gets to Holdover except 1 or 2 "newbies" what is the point? Why spend the money and take the time when the coaches don't even put you at your regular end of the pitch for evaluation or training?

BTW DD has D1 offer in hand so this is not about sour grapes but just the facts about how the ODP process is not a series of tryouts where you work your way up the ladder.
                            Amen! You speak truthiness here. This was our experience.

Comment

How many years did you do before getting out. Seems like everyone feels that if you don't try out your not good. I don't want to do this if already fiqure who goes and who does not.

Comment

How many years did you do before getting out. Seems like everyone feels that if you don't try out your not good. I don't want to do this if already fiqure who goes and who does not.
                                Quite the opposite. You will see the talent level and shake your head. I will assume you have a kid that will be in the RTC groups. A vast majority of the kids have no business being there, but they will keep way to many so you can pay your $400 bucks for 8 practices. If you are from Bend, Medford, etc. they will lie and say your dk has a chance so you go the the jamboree. But trust me, they have the team picked WAY before then. You will know, if they are not in the mix, skip it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X