Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to FC Portlands tournament?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to FC Portlands tournament?

I was looking at the tournaments this summer and I remembered FC Portland used to have a pretty good tournament. They were viewed as one of the top clubs and it seemed like quality teams attended. What the heck happened to it? How can a club that size with that reputation allow their tournament to fall apart like that?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was looking at the tournaments this summer and I remembered FC Portland used to have a pretty good tournament. They were viewed as one of the top clubs and it seemed like quality teams attended. What the heck happened to it? How can a club that size with that reputation allow their tournament to fall apart like that?
    The same can be asked of the Thusc tournament.

Comment

It got shoved to a 4th of July weekend one year with real poor attendance and just faded away after that. None of the local tournaments are particularly good and that's largely due to the in-fighting that is so typified by this board. All the local teams would benefit from a well attended top-flight tournament that attracted out of town/state teams. The biggest soccer expense is travel and not having to travel to have a great tournament experience would benefit the whole community. The other thing sorely lacking in this area is a facility that can host such a tournament.

Comment

It got shoved to a 4th of July weekend one year with real poor attendance and just faded away after that. None of the local tournaments are particularly good and that's largely due to the in-fighting that is so typified by this board. All the local teams would benefit from a well attended top-flight tournament that attracted out of town/state teams. The biggest soccer expense is travel and not having to travel to have a great tournament experience would benefit the whole community. The other thing sorely lacking in this area is a facility that can host such a tournament.
        I do agree with this. Imagine if we only had 4-5 tournaments the entire summer in this year. Not only would the local numbers for those tournaments be really big, but over the years that would begin to draw in other teams from outside the area to the larger tournaments.

Comment

FC has a Showcase tournament in the winter for HS ages. There are too many tournaments for youngers in the summer as it is and unless you have a 60 Acres type facility it's tough to differentiate yourself from the rest.

Comment

Pretty sure it stopped when they had the turf issues. Now that the turf has been fixed on all three fields, they should look back into it. I know they one in seaside for short sided matches on the sand.

Comment

Pretty sure it stopped when they had the turf issues. Now that the turf has been fixed on all three fields, they should look back into it. I know they one in seaside for short sided matches on the sand.
              Yes, Soccer in the Sand is the money maker to fund scholarships. Just too many tourneys in Portland area in the summer to make it worthwhile trying to add another one.

Comment

The new soccer complex of Clark County will be hosting tournaments next year. Think of it as Starfire south. No club politics will be involved, as the complex will not be associated with any on club.

Comment

The new soccer complex of Clark County will be hosting tournaments next year. Think of it as Starfire south. No club politics will be involved, as the complex will not be associated with any on club.
                  More promises, promises.

Comment

When is the dirt going to begin moving?

So where are they with building permits?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X