Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best clubs for U8-U13 boys?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the best clubs for U8-U13 boys?

Any thoughts? How are the clubs in Portland compared to outside the city?

We live downtown on the NW side. When we were looking there weren't really any competitive teams actually near downtown, you have to head to Gresham, Vancouver, or Hillsboro. We ended up at Westside, has been great ever since. (I have a son, might be different if you have a daughter).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We live downtown on the NW side. When we were looking there weren't really any competitive teams actually near downtown, you have to head to Gresham, Vancouver, or Hillsboro. We ended up at Westside, has been great ever since. (I have a son, might be different if you have a daughter).
      I have a pet lobster. Do that count?

Comment

They are not compared.

Comment

Have them join the boys scouts.

Comment

On the boys side Eastside, westside, and Wa Timbers are your best 3 bets.

Comment

On the boys side Eastside, westside, and Wa Timbers are your best 3 bets.
              I also like to look at which clubs have deeper talent than others. Some clubs have a solid "A" team but talent drops off drastically for the "B" team. The 3 Timbers programs already mentioned typically have solid teams down to "C" teams. FC Portland will have solid A teams but their B teams are hit or miss although kids seem to get more opportunity to get a crack at playing on the A team. THUSC and BSC are hit or miss at their A team level although BSC seems to have highly qualified coaches and are typically more consistent than THUSC.

Just my observations having a son playing at a Timbers program and being the data junkie that I am. Good luck in finding a place for you kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X