Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are going to be alot of p!ssed off parents here soon!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape Oregon Soccer

Rumor,

FC Portland and WSM merge, while ESU and OSSA merge to form supper clubs. Both teams have applied to US Soccer DA to compete with Timbers DA (likely just on DA team from the super clubs). Timbers want to force OYSA on all clubs this is the OPL's response.

Smaller OPC / OPL clubs not happy being left out and will join AYSA to form a true second tier option for those not in the super clubs or Timbers DA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Then in two weeks NIKE + ECNL + THUSC will be making a announcement!!
      Rumor has one of the three Timbers affilated clubs getting the ECNL award. The ECNL teams will train at one or all of the Timbers RTC's and wear Timbers uniforms. Then again, Rumor says this will be the ODP model (much like Sounders and WA ODP)?

Should be an interesting month (February)

Comment

Encl

Yes THUSC was left out of the OSSA, ESU and WSM FC mergre THUSC is going ENCL. Not sure what will happen with their boys team.

Comment

Rumor,

FC Portland and WSM merge, while ESU and OSSA merge to form supper clubs. Both teams have applied to US Soccer DA to compete with Timbers DA (likely just on DA team from the super clubs). Timbers want to force OYSA on all clubs this is the OPL's response.

Smaller OPC / OPL clubs not happy being left out and will join AYSA to form a true second tier option for those not in the super clubs or Timbers DA.
          bad information ...
          The three anointed clubs are WSM / ESUFC / VUSA-WSA
          All three are adidas clubs (WSA is adidas and VUSA has agreed to leave Nike)

Opinion: unless OSSA / THUSC / FX PDX can pull off the ECNL they are at risk of being high level feeder clubs ... and this is just to save their girls proys.ograms. PDX Timbers own the boys. No one else in OR will have Academy teams.

Comment

Thusc

Thusc will not be at any Timbers training wearing Nike. They were left out of the super club and timbers.

With the OPL going down and OYSA only being two super clubs and the others doing something else the ENCL was the best option if they get in. It will be very expensive but girls soccer seems to be willing to pay the money.

Comment

super clubs

I heard the super clubs are going to try and field three team in each age group with the best players making the Oregon Premier DA team. I also heard they were using the reg money from all the teams to keep the cost down and compete with the Timbers DA team which is rumored not to be free.

Comment

I heard the super clubs are going to try and field three team in each age group with the best players making the Oregon Premier DA team. I also heard they were using the reg money from all the teams to keep the cost down and compete with the Timbers DA team which is rumored not to be free.
                What makes you think any other club(s) in Oregon will be allowed in?
                The Crossfire / Sounders debacle in Seattle is a lesson enough and we don't have the population to support multiple Academy teams and be worth a crap

Comment

The only "super club" would be if FC PDX / OSSA / THUSC merge for survival. (Like that will happen)
                  The others teams are committed to the PDX Timbers ...

Comment

Rumor,

FC Portland and WSM merge, while ESU and OSSA merge to form supper clubs.
                    You mean this is about dining out at a club? That IS big news.

Comment

Looking forward to the Timbers running a club. Their two girls teams, especially the eastside one needs to be able to get qualified coaches to attract and keep their players. The head of coaching on the girls eastside has the ability to chase away the best players annually with not a care and the board doesn't seem to notice or care. The last 4-5 years show that. The addidas connection is strong and many players will be offered scholrships and other perks to stay or be berated by a certain connection about owing all they know about soccer to them and how they weren't good anyway. Hopefully the Timber's owner will see the past mistakes and clean house and provide competitive teams that want to play and show up to practices all the time.

Comment

Change the logos and uniforms, merge a club here and there. At the end of the day Westside will still be westside and Eastside will sill be eastside. Same leadership, same coaches new sales and marketing tools.

Comment

Who will the girls Timbers teams play if they only have 2 age groups? They wouldn't qualify for ECNL if they only have 2 teams. Currently WSM and Eastside don't have the qualifications to get in on their own.

Comment

These are all rumors.

Seattle is about 2 years ahead of us. We will likely follow Seattle's lead and from what I can tell their soccer clubs are doing fine! Take a look at Crossfire or Eastside in Seattle.

I am sure there will be some changes. I believe they will mostly come from the boy's side because there is the "hope" to play MLS soccer.

There are no incentives from either party (Timbers or Players) on the girl's side. The Timbers have very little to gain and the players do not have the prospect of playing for the Timbers.

Comment

The only rumor or truth I have heard so far is that the boys Timbers Academy is going full steam ahead and they are NOT allowed to play to play HS soccer next year. Came from one of the boys on the team to my DD. I am sure the girls will follow. Glad mine is too old to have to worry about it and off to college. I think WSM boys program is going to lose out in this deal unless they get in on the action with the Timbers.

Comment

I thought WSM IS one of the Timbers clubs, along with Eastside,????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X