Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Odds of Landing an Athletic Scholarship < odds being admitted to Harvard ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Title IX does not make it easier for women, (they are called girls in high school, not college), to obtain scholarships. Women on college campuses out number men 55% to 45%, but get 40% of the scholarship dollars, or less. Football has 85 up to full scholarships whereas women's soccer has 14 that can be divided partially between players while soccer men have 9.9. Title IX is an attempt to make athletics more fair between men and women athletes. With more women trying to obtain athletic scholarships than men due to enrollment numbers, and having fewer dollars to chase, it's actually harder for women to obtain athletic scholarships than men.
    As it should be since male sports bring in the lions share of revenue

Comment

The majority of football programs do not generate enough money to pay for themselves, let alone help pay for other sports. In FBS, with 128 teams, 50% to 60% do generate positive cash flows. In FCS, with 124 teams, 4% generate positive cash flows. (FBS is the best teams, FCS are the lesser programs of the two.) Basketball at the D-1 level has 5+% generating positive cash flows.
      You are so full of ***** your eyes are brown

Comment

Hope so ...

As it should be since male sports bring in the lions share of revenue
        I hope male sports do bring in the revenue since they cost the lions share of the athletic programs. UO and OSU have male sports costing over twice as much as female sports. Each male athletic scholarship at those schools cost 50% more than an average female athletic sports scholarship.

Comment

Great message.

You are so full of ***** your eyes are brown
          Another well-informed idiot. Maybe you should get outta the basement and play in traffic?

Comment

Another well-informed idiot. Maybe you should get outta the basement and play in traffic?
            I often wonder where people get their information, or educate themselves on the various topics, then I see a moronic post like "You are so full of ***** your eyes are brown" referring to a truthful post and I realize that 2/3's of the posts on this site are bogus and it makes me just want to put a bullet in my head.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X