Oregon Clubs register to play in the ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the best part about all of this is that we live in America with all these choices. Think how awesome this is for our girls. We can choose to play OYSA, OPL, FWRL, and now ECNL. I for one am very thankful for all the choices and opportunities. I just don't understand why people on this forum get so upset at MY choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      And the best part about all of this is that we live in America with all these choices. Think how awesome this is for our girls. We can choose to play OYSA, OPL, FWRL, and now ECNL. I for one am very thankful for all the choices and opportunities. I just don't understand why people on this forum get so upset at MY choice.
      Suicide is a cowards choice.

It suits you.

Comment

I honestly don't think people care about YOUR choice until you start trying to evangelize and tell them THEIR choice is lesser. If it is just YOUR choice I am not sure why it would even be mentioned here. It seems you are either seeking praise, validation, or getting others to do the same as you. I am fine when you make your own decision, but at least return that respect.

Comment

Convince yourself you have a choice.

MY MY MY MY MY....

Comment

I honestly don't think people care about YOUR choice until you start trying to evangelize and tell them THEIR choice is lesser. If it is just YOUR choice I am not sure why it would even be mentioned here. It seems you are either seeking praise, validation, or getting others to do the same as you. I am fine when you make your own decision, but at least return that respect.
            Thank you. I appreciate your respect and respect your choice. I always have. I am just baffled by all the posts that are so cynical. It is like yelling at a ref. Some people spend so much attention, time and energy on here ripping one side or the other as if their enlightened words will make the other side go away. I don't understand the anger. You do what you want and i will do what i want. And we will respect each other and enjoy our leagues.

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate your respect and respect your choice. I always have. I am just baffled by all the posts that are so cynical. It is like yelling at a ref. Some people spend so much attention, time and energy on here ripping one side or the other as if their enlightened words will make the other side go away. I don't understand the anger. You do what you want and i will do what i want. And we will respect each other and enjoy our leagues.
              True. I am not convinced that all of these angry posts are from that many different people. I don't know many people in "reality" that have that strong of an opinion or are angered that others don't share their exact thoughts. I think there are a couple of people who post over and over, they respond to themselves and post outrageous responses because they want to get a rise out of others.... not that they necessarily even believe the rants they are posting.

Comment

Is simply detailing what is happening with the local girls teams in Oregon and why. Then adding a little editorial to the happening.

It's obvious what they have outlined is the exact truth as you have no reply other than saying they are full of BS. If these are your debating skills or ability to provide evidence to disagree or refute that narrative why shouldn't everyone agree with them.

If you don't have a counter argument to the facts they presented and detailed, everyone will take it as fact. That's why you need to come up with something other than saying it's BS.

Hopefully, that's not all you armed with.
                You're looking for facts to disprove your opinion. How about you provide some facts to back up your opinion that no oregon club should be in the ECNL.

Comment

You're looking for facts to disprove your opinion. How about you provide some facts to back up your opinion that no oregon club should be in the ECNL.
                  Based upon the league structure ECNL needed 2 more teams in the division. There should have been 1 team from Portland and the other team from Eastside WA, but Crossfire Premier did not want a 3rd team from Seattle.

Comment

Not the thread starter. But the fact is Oregon Girls teams over the last 30 years, even when all the consolidated talent was on just one team, have never been a relevant consistent player at high level tournaments or the USYS National and Regional Championships. While the states that do supply the majority of teams in the ECNL boast all of the USYS and high level tournament champions and contenders for the last 30 years (hence their name ECNL). If Oregon had a body of work that at least substantiated the State of Oregon as a National or Regional contender every year, then getting 1 team would make sense. Why would they offer two spots to a state with Zero Regional or National titles. The fact they have no cache of regional or national success as a State makes this type of placement very dubious.

Comment

Based upon the league structure ECNL needed 2 more teams in the division. There should have been 1 team from Portland and the other team from Eastside WA, but Crossfire Premier did not want a 3rd team from Seattle.
                      That is true. That doesn't mean Portland doesn't deserve to be in the ECNL nor does it reduce the legitimacy of the ECNL. Idaho should never have been accepted over oregon either. But who knows how much they will develop in the next couple of years.

Comment

Actually

Everyone in Oregon is hoping you or someone can provide any evidence that 3 local neighborhood clubs with no presence at the Regional or National level relevancy are good fits for the ECNL. Until you can substantiate, defend or account for this happening everyone will continue to rip this move to shreds.

Comment

I disagree

That is true. That doesn't mean Portland doesn't deserve to be in the ECNL nor does it reduce the legitimacy of the ECNL. Idaho should never have been accepted over oregon either. But who knows how much they will develop in the next couple of years.
                          1 team of consolidated talent from Idaho is a far better fit than 3 watered down clubs in Oregon fielding two teams per age group.

That's just an opinion

Comment

Not the thread starter. But the fact is Oregon Girls teams over the last 30 years, even when all the consolidated talent was on just one team, have never been a relevant consistent player at high level tournaments or the USYS National and Regional Championships. While the states that do supply the majority of teams in the ECNL boast all of the USYS and high level tournament champions and contenders for the last 30 years (hence their name ECNL). If Oregon had a body of work that at least substantiated the State of Oregon as a National or Regional contender every year, then getting 1 team would make sense. Why would they offer two spots to a state with Zero Regional or National titles. The fact they have no cache of regional or national success as a State makes this type of placement very dubious.
                            You are focused on USYS which is declining rapidly across the country. We have had and do have relevant teams. Neon, sodium and onyx to name a few. You may. It like tom or thisc but those were top teams. The problem with this anonymous forum is that if you don't win it all you're a failure or not relevant.

There are 74 clubs in the ECNL. Most of those clubs have never won a national championship. Does that mean they don't belong?

Give the Oregon sucks schtick a rest.

Comment

1 team of consolidated talent from Idaho is a far better fit than 3 watered down clubs in Oregon fielding two teams per age group.

That's just an opinion
                              It is a misinformed opinion. Just take a look at NWCL.

Comment

You are focused on USYS which is declining rapidly across the country. We have had and do have relevant teams. Neon, sodium and onyx to name a few. You may. It like tom or thisc but those were top teams. The problem with this anonymous forum is that if you don't win it all you're a failure or not relevant.

There are 74 clubs in the ECNL. Most of those clubs have never won a national championship. Does that mean they don't belong?

Give the Oregon sucks schtick a rest.
                                The majority of the states that field the 74 team are states with Regional and National champions. The other teams in the ECNL from those states are competitive with their state champions. Oregon doesn't have that type of competition level among-st it's teams..

3 teams you consider to be nationally & regionally relevant is hardly an argument to have 2 teams per age group from Oregon in an Elite Clubs National League. None of the teams in the ECNL have any idea what Neon, Sodium & Onyx are other than an element from the periodic chart.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X