Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    they are going from a 1 GM and 4 DOC management system to a 1 GM 2 DOC model.

DOC Jeff was the only DOC/GM to be kept. Eli, Sunny, Eihab, and Gary are not having their contracts renewed as of Dec 31st.

However, that means they still need to hire 1 GM and 1 DOC which they made clear those whose contracts were not kept are more than welcome to apply for those positions.
    Those being let go brought this on themselves. The only question is why it took so long.

Comment

http://www.washingtontimbers.com/doc...tification.pdf

Comment

You are an embarrassment to your family, yourself, and mankind... Go figure.
        Why? It was obvious to everyone the Timbers could not afford 4 DOC's. Now it's happened, and no one can point it out. Sorry your perfect club messed up. Even the DOC's knew the club could not support all of them.

You have turf sitting doing nothing, because you cannot find funding. What did you think had to happen?

Comment

Why? It was obvious to everyone the Timbers could not afford 4 DOC's. Now it's happened, and no one can point it out. Sorry your perfect club messed up. Even the DOC's knew the club could not support all of them.

You have turf sitting doing nothing, because you cannot find funding. What did you think had to happen?
          Wow. You really don't know much about this. I hate it when people guess, but truthfully have no idea. Probably best to just shush.

Comment

I'm guessing that poster manages his money better then WT FC. Go figure.
            Unless he is an ECNL parent who just throws his money around willy-nilly.

Comment

ECNL parents different level of stupid

Comment

ECNL is a way better investment than WT-FC will ever be.

Comment

Washington Timbers-BOOM!!

All fired.
                  Well done wt-FC
                  It takes some sacks to make change.

Good stuff and good luck

Comment

President and Board

Finally did something after so many coaches were blown out(see FCSC staff for example). Too many friends of the DoCs coaching too many teams.

My question is, why Ulvi? Why would he be lumped in with that group? He hasn't been there long enough.

Comment

Finally did something after so many coaches were blown out(see FCSC staff for example). Too many friends of the DoCs coaching too many teams.

My question is, why Ulvi? Why would he be lumped in with that group? He hasn't been there long enough.
                      Who really knows. I mean why keep Jeff, he the most inexperience of all the DOC's. Obviously the board now has a vision and they are making moves to fit that vision.

I have met all the DOC's and GM and I personally think for the club this is a great move. However, I do feel bad for all those DOC's and GM as they were good people. I never like to see people let go. But sometimes you need to make some big moves to get better results. All the best to ***C goodluck.

Comment

Job Security

Who really knows. I mean why keep Jeff, he the most inexperience of all the DOC's. Obviously the board now has a vision and they are making moves to fit that vision.

I have met all the DOC's and GM and I personally think for the club this is a great move. However, I do feel bad for all those DOC's and GM as they were good people. I never like to see people let go. But sometimes you need to make some big moves to get better results. All the best to ***C goodluck.
                        They were nice, but are they good at their jobs?

Club hemorrhaging coaches, but more importantly having 300 kids vanish. Close to a 10% decline doesn't pay for the fields let alone all the DoCs and expenses.

The board finally became professional enough to realize that club soccer is a business pure and simple, non-profit or otherwise.

Kept him, probably because he actually produced something tangible.

They'll all bounce back nicely, I thought one of them was made of Teflon!

Comment

So many parents complained and those complaints had fallen on the deaf ears of sunny and co for too long.

Very happy to see them start to clean house.

There are still some toxic coaches out there that need to be fired.

All in due time.

Comment

At least FCSC gets some results.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure about the "vision" thing. Until you see something in writing that is vastly different than what the real experience has been for the last several years I wouldn't get too excited. And if they do rehire any of these clowns, then you know it was simply a cost cutting tactic and not a real change in direction.

Comment

They were nice, but are they good at their jobs?

Club hemorrhaging coaches, but more importantly having 300 kids vanish. Close to a 10% decline doesn't pay for the fields let alone all the DoCs and expenses.

The board finally became professional enough to realize that club soccer is a business pure and simple, non-profit or otherwise.

Kept him, probably because he actually produced something tangible.

They'll all bounce back nicely, I thought one of them was made of Teflon!
                                Not to mention that that 10% decline was almost all at the top end of the talent pool. Several other clubs have benefited nicely from WashT's unprofessionalism.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X