Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys vs Girls on Talking Soccer

You parents on the girls side of Talking Soccer are f$&?ing nuts!

Just combing through the threads I would guess the 98% of this site is regarding the girls.

Thank God the boy's parents are normal.

I would go as far to say that the parents are the reason for the poor shape of Oregon soccer. Look at the boys side...unified league with all off the top teams....girls side, fanatical parents on each side squabbling for scraps.

It's not your club, it's not the system, it's not you DOC and it's not your coach.....

ITS YOU YOU F$&%ING WHACK JOB OF A PARENT!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Just combing through the threads I would guess the 98% of this site is regarding the girls.

I would go as far to say that the parents are the reason for the poor shape of Oregon soccer. Look at the boys side...unified league with all off the top teams....girls side, fanatical parents on each side squabbling for scraps.

It's not your club, it's not the system, it's not you DOC and it's not your coach.....

So true!

Comment

If you don't like it, why are you on here?

Comment

Parents didn't create the split, soccer and marketing experts did.

Yes, I'm finding that parenting/coaching girls soccer players creates some irrational emotions after being on the boys' side . . . but blaming this state's structural issues on parents is BS.

Comment

If you don't like it, why are you on here?
          Does that mean you're in agreement with the poster's comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post

Yes, I'm finding that parenting/coaching girls soccer players creates some irrational emotions after being on the boys' side . . . but blaming this state's structural issues on parents is BS.
            How about acknowledging all the gullible, delusional, irrational, over-the-top parents of girl soccer players who bought into the propaganda spewed by coaches, DOC's and administrators on both sides of the split?

Some responsibility rests there.

Comment

Does that mean you're in agreement with the poster's comments?
              I don't agree with the poster's implied definition of "normal". Perhaps the girls parents are the real "normal"?

Comment

Its all relative

I don't agree with the poster's implied definition of "normal". Perhaps the girls parents are the real "normal"?
                On the boys side there is drama too but there are fewer "golf spectators" who expect quiet decorum whereas on the boys side where the boys participate in Little league and Football where boisterous sidelines are the norm the spread is not so great therefore no quite Mom is complaining about the rowdy dad a few seats over.

If you want see other crazy parents of girls go to a volleyball game or softball game. It's all the same except fewer 1%er moms are there passing judgment!

Comment

How about acknowledging all the gullible, delusional, irrational, over-the-top parents of girl soccer players who bought into the propaganda spewed by coaches, DOC's and administrators on both sides of the split?

Some responsibility rests there.
                  Acknowledged!

Comment

The question is: Why are parents of girls so crazy over the top?? Even those same parents aren't so crazy over their boys' sports lives when the have multiple kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post

The initial split may have been caused by the organizations, but the split has remained because parents have bought into the BS. If they didn't the organizations would have found a fix a long time ago.

One of the realities OPL has used is that you can avoid a lot of talk about your own weaknesses by focusing everyone on an external enemy.

Quite simply this doesn't go on on the Boy's side. The only time you hear it mentioned is when a Girl's parent talks about the Boy's side.

Comment

The initial split may have been caused by the organizations, but the split has remained because parents have bought into the BS. If they didn't the organizations would have found a fix a long time ago.

One of the realities OPL has used is that you can avoid a lot of talk about your own weaknesses by focusing everyone on an external enemy.

Quite simply this doesn't go on on the Boy's side. The only time you hear it mentioned is when a Girl's parent talks about the Boy's side.
                        Bringing the split into the forum has certainly added fuel to the fire (the overt marketing going on here a year ago and the response thereto has not been great for the game), but the professionals created and continue to perpetuate the split.

More broadly, Oregon is just one battleground in the USYSA v. US Club, MLS v. everyone else wars that are going on in lots of places in this country.

Organizations blaming their customer (in this case youth soccer parents) for industry short-comings doesn't help the industry/organization. Plus its BS when parents didn't/don't vote on what league their club puts teams in.

Comment

I have a boy and a girl both playing competitive soccer and I would have to agree with most of your comments except the one about the parents being the ones to blame. That is partly true. Most of the blame goes to the coaches. The girls always get the "leftover" coaches. Boys soccer gets most of the attention but this shouldn't be new news. The boys always get the best coaches so the girls suffer as a result of this. If the girls received equal coaching to the boys, you'll see a better girls program. This is why I have my daughter train with the boys because she gets better training. You are correct though. Most of these threads on this forum are from the girls side.

Comment

I have a boy and a girl both playing competitive soccer and I would have to agree with most of your comments except the one about the parents being the ones to blame. That is partly true. Most of the blame goes to the coaches. The girls always get the "leftover" coaches. Boys soccer gets most of the attention but this shouldn't be new news. The boys always get the best coaches so the girls suffer as a result of this. If the girls received equal coaching to the boys, you'll see a better girls program. This is why I have my daughter train with the boys because she gets better training. You are correct though. Most of these threads on this forum are from the girls side.
                            It is because the parents of girl players are CRAZY! Anyone who has spent time around your girls soccer parents in Oregon knows this to be true. It is likely true elsewhere as well.

Comment

I didn't see the OYSA boys doing very well at NWCL last weekend. While some OPL boys teams advanced to semis...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X