Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nah....6-7 of those that made the top 20 will be replaced within 60 days of training...now if you're an ECNL player youve paid $9k so you won't be changed out
    No one has paid 9k. Your ignorance is showing, zip up your pants.

Comment

I'm sorry...I shouldn't of rounded up...

let me restate.... $8,750.00

Comment

You zip up your pants but more of it

Comment

I'm sorry...I shouldn't of rounded up...

let me restate.... $8,750.00
          Hey cowboy, no one pre-pays traveling. Well, you would. But if you drop the fees by a grand and the quality and amount of matches your dd gets, then you have the Thorns Academy. Swell.

Comment

Hey cowboy, no one pre-pays traveling. Well, you would. But if you drop the fees by a grand and the quality and amount of matches your dd gets, then you have the Thorns Academy. Swell.
            Thorns Academy is better quality and cheaper jokes on you Cowboy

Comment

Thorns Academy is better quality and cheaper jokes on you Cowboy
              Yep. 5 FWRL games vs mediocre teams and a 10 game OYSA schedule vs 3rd tier Timbers teams is waaaayyyy better than ECNL!

Comment

Yep. 5 FWRL games vs mediocre teams and a 10 game OYSA schedule vs 3rd tier Timbers teams is waaaayyyy better than ECNL!
                It might be. There are still teams in FWRL that are good. Mixed ages give the ability to play a variety and at the end of the day playing is what it is all about. Crossfire ECNL at 2 different age groups beat Idaho in excess of a 5 point differential. There were other clubs that had huge point differentials. The clubs that you will likely play that will be good are Seattle (I bet the Thorns play them too). In fact, I sort of feel sorry for the Seattle teams because they have to play you instead of De Anza and MVLA. Sucks for them.

Comment

It might be. There are still teams in FWRL that are good. Mixed ages give the ability to play a variety and at the end of the day playing is what it is all about. Crossfire ECNL at 2 different age groups beat Idaho in excess of a 5 point differential. There were other clubs that had huge point differentials. The clubs that you will likely play that will be good are Seattle (I bet the Thorns play them too). In fact, I sort of feel sorry for the Seattle teams because they have to play you instead of De Anza and MVLA. Sucks for them.
                  It is funny that those who are throwing out the diluted competition card to others are the same ones who are diluting their own pool. Is it better to be at the top or the bottom of the dilution?

Comment

1 or 2 in FWRL are OK. There won't be any good teams in OYSA. Tacoma and Colorado showcases will be so-so at best where if they're lucky they'll get 1 good game. So, overall, not too bad. $3600 for maybe 3 or 4 competitive games followed by a thrashing at FWR if they qualify.

Comment

If they hide the results how can the local soccer community compare the claims made before tryouts against the results. Being transparent build trust.
                      How about the transparency of the ECNL/OPL folks?

Comment

How about the transparency of the ECNL/OPL folks?
                        What is hidden. All rosters and league scores are/will be posted online for the world to see. What more do you need, as an outsider?

Comment

1 or 2 in FWRL are OK. There won't be any good teams in OYSA. Tacoma and Colorado showcases will be so-so at best where if they're lucky they'll get 1 good game. So, overall, not too bad. $3600 for maybe 3 or 4 competitive games followed by a thrashing at FWR if they qualify.
                          A very thorough analysis performed by someone who has no idea about the teams playing. Go take another shot of ECNL kool aid, write another check and get back to your second job. And don't cry next year when your dd doesn't make the ECNL roster.

Comment

A very thorough analysis performed by someone who has no idea about the teams playing. Go take another shot of ECNL kool aid, write another check and get back to your second job. And don't cry next year when your dd doesn't make the ECNL roster.
                            I don't think anyone is going to be turned away from ECNL. With two clubs and a need for large pools it is unlikely.

Comment

On the contrary, I have a very good idea about the teams that could and/or will be at these events. Not very good is giving them something. But hey, that's great for the Academy, right? With all of their uber-talent they should roll OYSA, FWRL and every showcase. All girls should get full ride D1 scholarships and invites to the national team. Good for them...

Comment

I don't think anyone is going to be turned away from ECNL. With two clubs and a need for large pools it is unlikely.
                                Where do you think the Academy gets their girls from???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X