Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is too bad that you had to learn this the expensive way. WT*C is really only concerned with tactics not players, as that is how you win games. Unless your DD is of high school age, tactical development is a waste of her time as her.
    I knew. Coach sold me though. Turned out to be all talk. Footskills, moves, 1 v 1, 2 v 2, small sided games. Sounded perfect but it never happened.

Comment

That is too bad that you had to learn this the expensive way. WT*C is really only concerned with tactics not players, as that is how you win games. Unless your DD is of high school age, tactical development is a waste of her time as her.
      We had a similar experience to the poster you are referring to (came from Select, and finding WT about the same).

But I disagree with you about "WT*C is really only concerned with tactics not players"---I do not see ANY sort of overall (i.e., Club level) emphasis whatsoever. It's as if you took our same select team and moved it to WT. There are only very slight differences (except, of course, the cost is far higher).

I *wish* I could point to better training, or tactics, or more opportunities but I can't.

We are not on an A team but I have heard that , even on the A teams, the extra things you expect are maybe there and maybe not there.

Not a great experience so far.

The sent out a survey to all club members and I asked them to contact me. They did not. So that tells you something too.

Comment

We had a similar experience to the poster you are referring to (came from Select, and finding WT about the same).

But I disagree with you about "WT*C is really only concerned with tactics not players"---I do not see ANY sort of overall (i.e., Club level) emphasis whatsoever. It's as if you took our same select team and moved it to WT. There are only very slight differences (except, of course, the cost is far higher).

I *wish* I could point to better training, or tactics, or more opportunities but I can't.

We are not on an A team but I have heard that , even on the A teams, the extra things you expect are maybe there and maybe not there.

The sent out a survey to all club members and I asked them to contact me. They did not. So that tells you something too.
        The results of those parent surveys are always so negative that they won't even publish the results. They get buried in one of the potholes at Harmony while the DoCs are slapping each other on the back congratulating themselves on the great job they are doing.

The reasons why there is no overall club emphasis on anything is that a) the DoCs have absolutely no idea how soccer should be taught to young kids and b) they can't attract good enough coaches that are willing to follow any sort of guidelines they might propose.

Of course, after 3 years in the Timbers Alliance, I'm sure they have a very detailed coaching curriculum from the Timbers and have taught all of their coaches how to implement it... Keep on dreaming...

Comment

That's funny. I'm sure the club administrator doesn't care enough to contact you to follow up. After all, her kid plays at FCP. Just like the board member whose kid plays at Nemesis.

Comment

Yes, it is like select in it just depends on the coach and what they decide to teach. There is no overall format. Just depends on which coach you get and what they believe. We are probably one and done. Again, DD not the best but B team is the same expense and seems to offer even less practices.

Comment

dip****
              1. A despised person; a moron; an ineffectual person; one with a habit of being wrong, loudly and often.
              2. A W.T.F.c lemming

Comment

2. A W.T.F.c lemming
                I heard they are breaking ground this spring.

Comment

I heard they are breaking ground this spring.
                  Maybe breaking wind but no chance they'll break ground.

Comment

Maybe breaking wind but no chance they'll break ground.
                    Breaking wind is a start!

Go Timber Alliance!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X