Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of Harmony Turf

Dear WT_FC, when can we expect to get a status update on the turf fields? Any chance you're going to blow us all away and get these done before 2015? I'm a hopeless optimist but I cry in my pillow at night when I think about the debacle this effort has been for the last 3 years.

Yours truly,

Turf_Time!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear WT_FC, when can we expect to get a status update on the turf fields? Any chance you're going to blow us all away and get these done before 2015? I'm a hopeless optimist but I cry in my pillow at night when I think about the debacle this effort has been for the last 3 years.

Yours truly,

Turf_Time!
    I hear they're looking for a buyer for the rolls of turf so they can afford to rent turf time at Delta from PCU...

Comment

Yours truly,

Turf_Time!
      No they have been raising money for turf about 16 yrs now. Anyone remember Orchards Soccer Club?

Comment

No they have been raising money for turf about 16 yrs now. Anyone remember Orchards Soccer Club?
        Wasn't it:

Orchards + Columbia Premier Timbers = VUSA
        FC Vancouver renamed Washington Soccer Academy
        VUSA + WSA = Vancouver Timbers
        Vancouver Timbers renamed Washington Timbers

Were there others in there? Where did Evergreen SC fit in?

Comment

That turf all rolled up like that, you wonder if it will still be usable by the time they get the money to install it.

Comment

Wasn't it:

Orchards + Columbia Premier Timbers = VUSA
            FC Vancouver renamed Washington Soccer Academy
            VUSA + WSA = Vancouver Timbers
            Vancouver Timbers renamed Washington Timbers

Were there others in there? Where did Evergreen SC fit in?
            Evergreen was before Columbia Premier and was the club side. Columbia Premier was the first premier club in SW WA.

Comment

That turf all rolled up like that, you wonder if it will still be usable by the time they get the money to install it.
              Can you say MRSA....?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methici...ococcus_aureus

Comment

If you really wanted an answer as a member you could just contact the GM right?

Comment

If you really wanted an answer as a member you could just contact the GM right?
                  The official answer is "we're working hard to make it happen". That's it. No plan, no timeline, no results...

Comment

If the Timbers really wanted to say they are supporting Youth soccer they would guarantee the bank loan for the project!

Comment

If the Timbers really wanted to say they are supporting Youth soccer they would guarantee the bank loan for the project!
                      There is no profit in it. Not going to happen.

Comment

you nailed it, what has the Portland Timbers done to help out their youth clubs...

average time frame for raising money for turf fields is 8 years...I know this because I have gone through the process. It's not unusual for something like this to take 10-12 years when it is a non-profit organization...especially one that has tried to raise money during a time when the economy has been at it's worst since the Great Depression.

I personally hope they get it done.

Comment

you nailed it, what has the Portland Timbers done to help out their youth clubs...

average time frame for raising money for turf fields is 8 years...I know this because I have gone through the process. It's not unusual for something like this to take 10-12 years when it is a non-profit organization...especially one that has tried to raise money during a time when the economy has been at it's worst since the Great Depression.

I personally hope they get it done.
                          HOPE won't get the job done

Some "hope" from their website........

"The Timbers have completed all preliminary engineering
                          and permitting. No construction will begin until all of the
                          funding is secured. The Timbers hope to begin
                          construction by May 2014, and begin using the fields in
                          September 2014."

Comment

September 2014."
                            They just keep changing the dates every so often. No closer now than they were 5 years ago.

Comment

September 2014."
                              We still have over half a month to get this done.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X