Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would wager a guess there are not hundreds of thousands of hard core Timbers fans around here.

However, if there is proof of the timbers being liars and / or crooks spell it out and give it to the "O". Otherwise, STFU. I dislike the Timbers having their paws in Ore. Youth soccer but with all the BS about the thorns academy, ECNL, Timber, OPC, OYSA, etc. Lets see some court action and get it all figured out.
    The reality is all the ECNL and OPL can provide is innuendos and .... Hyperbole and Conjecture (sorry, but you knew it was coming). The truth is neither side of the situation is without blame, but nothing here that will ever see a day in court.

Comment

Trying to intentionally smear a person or businesses reputation is not an insignificant matter. It's extremely expensive to attempt to prove your statements.

Please just stop. You are embarassing a lot of good people.

Comment

Trying to intentionally smear a person or businesses reputation is not an insignificant matter. It's extremely expensive to attempt to prove your statements.

Please just stop. You are embarassing a lot of good people.
        False advertising is a lot easier to prove and was done in front of thousands of people this week.

Comment

False advertising is a lot easier to prove and was done in front of thousands of people this week.
          You still haven't told us what they did during the game that was false advertisement?

Comment

The reality is all the ECNL and OPL can provide is innuendos and .... Hyperbole and Conjecture (sorry, but you knew it was coming). The truth is neither side of the situation is without blame, but nothing here that will ever see a day in court.
            I would wholeheartedly concur. If someone has something, prove and be done.

It just gets old coming onto TS hearing the same arguments being tossed back and forth. No one is really changing minds, people simply come on here for the confirmation bias.

Comment

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Opinion is not false advertising.

I think the MLS is the best, most competitive league in the world and the Timbers play in it.

Do you think the preceding sentence is false advertising? Please just say no and stop. (Hint: answer is no).

Comment

The anti-Timbers person on here can't be real. It's a person trying to make the ECNL parents look bad.

If you are real, can you please just stop? You aren't helping and threads like this are embarrassing.

Comment

I am so confused. Is there 3 different topics all merging into 1 here?

Someone is mad about something with the thorns game.

OPL/OYSA going at each other (which gets thrown into being timbers)?

some how the ECNL is involved

Comment

No one from ECNL really has their panties in a wad.... Someone probably pro thorns academy started the whole thing....

If there is really someone from ECNL be t about what was said at a thorns game then they have some serious issues

Comment

I will take a stab at this. At the Thorns game apparently the academy was introduced. From what I can gather as part of the introduction the comment was made that the academy will play in one of the best leagues in the nation. Now some ECNL nutjob has their pants in a wad because they feel the only league that can be described as (one of) the best leagues in the nation is ECNL.

I feel sorry for this person who is so desperate for recognition from others that they get so worked up. They make themselves look foolish and make the whole ECNL group look bad as well. Someone who is truly deserving of elite status has the confidence to not have to prove it all the time. Hopefully this individual isn't representative of the other ECNL parents.

Comment

No one from ECNL really has their panties in a wad.... Someone probably pro thorns academy started the whole thing....

If there is really someone from ECNL about what was said at a thorns game then they have some serious issues
                        Actually, the person is serious about this and yes, he has serious problems. He's the same one that got so mad about people telling the truth about the ECNL costs. He's the same one that claims ECNL will make great players out of mediocre players. He's the same one that thinks all the ECNL players will get top offers. Disneyland has a name for where he lives, it's called Fantasy Land.

Comment

Actually, the person is serious about this and yes, he has serious problems. He's the same one that got so mad about people telling the truth about the ECNL costs. He's the same one that claims ECNL will make great players out of mediocre players. He's the same one that thinks all the ECNL players will get top offers. Disneyland has a name for where he lives, it's called Fantasy Land.
                          Maybe it was an OYSA rep trying to make ECNL look bad. Either way, what league are they playing in, I am curious. Not flaming, it's a serious question.

Comment

Was it true or not?

Not the OP here but I do have to ask the board if the statement about the quality of the FWRL was a tad hyperbolic?

Comment

I will take a stab at this. At the Thorns game apparently the academy was introduced. From what I can gather as part of the introduction the comment was made that the academy will play in one of the best leagues in the nation. Now some ECNL nutjob has their pants in a wad because they feel the only league that can be described as (one of) the best leagues in the nation is ECNL.

I feel sorry for this person who is so desperate for recognition from others that they get so worked up. They make themselves look foolish and make the whole ECNL group look bad as well. Someone who is truly deserving of elite status has the confidence to not have to prove it all the time. Hopefully this individual isn't representative of the other ECNL parents.
                              Yes, and he's hiding right now because he is getting a beat down by multiple people. The same thing has happened before to him as well. And each time he runs away.

Comment

Not the OP here but I do have to ask the board if the statement about the quality of the FWRL was a tad hyperbolic?
                                Last year, the top five teams from RCL played in it. Argueably two of those teams are better than WPFC ECNL team. One of the teams was a semi-finalist in Regionals and also was in the finals at Surf. The winner of Surf was in FWRL the year before. I'd say the quality of that league was significantly better than NWCL and on a par with many middle pack ECNL teams. Speaking of ECNL, rumors are that in the next year or two, many California teams are going to pull out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X