Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Clubs don't really promote it. Pool starts out huge then necks down to 22 at end for State team. Leaves a lot of angry families when kids get left behind. People with bad tastes in mouth for process may have axes to grind.
    Our club certainly encourages it

Comment

Odp/rtc gets really bad reviews on here. I am curious why the clubs still promote it? What does a club benefit?
      Extra income for TA coaches.

Comment

Just like the idiot who keeps spouting "if you look at extra soccer options your club is failing you", that's just unjustified bashing. So if a kid wants to play more soccer, get different training and meet new kids from other clubs, then his/her club is a failure? Ridiculous. Oh course they never mention the amazing club that they are a part of because we would all flock to it....
        Who's the idiot that can't even paraphrase properly? I didn't say anything about "extra training options". I very specifically said "If you need ODP for extra training then your club is letting you down" which is true. Any good club can provide all of the training a player needs, whether with their own team, within their own age group, with older age groups, or in special sessions.

I didn't say that ODP was bad for the social aspect of "meeting new kids" or "playing more soccer". There's a very clear difference...

Comment

Extra income for TA coaches.
          Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Most of the pro-ODP comments on here are most likely them.

Comment

Who's the idiot that can't even paraphrase properly? I didn't say anything about "extra training options". I very specifically said "If you need ODP for extra training then your club is letting you down" which is true. Any good club can provide all of the training a player needs, whether with their own team, within their own age group, with older age groups, or in special sessions.

I didn't say that ODP was bad for the social aspect of "meeting new kids" or "playing more soccer". There's a very clear difference...
            It's okay you said extra training again and are confusing yourself and back pedaling.

Comment

It's okay you said extra training again and are confusing yourself and back pedaling.
              Again, if you can get training at RTC that you can't get at your club, then your club is failing you. Simple as that.

Comment

Clubs don't really promote it. Pool starts out huge then necks down to 22 at end for State team. Leaves a lot of angry families when kids get left behind. People with bad tastes in mouth for process may have axes to grind.
                there are plenty of players that were not "left behind", as you put it, but choose not to play again. they have their own reasons. some don't like the political aspect of it. some don't like the coaches. some just don't want to.

would be nice if everyone could recognize the fact that no matter which program you are talking about, rtc, odp, ecnl, thorns academy, they do not necessarily have the best players available. they do have what those individual coaches feel are the best players, of the players who choose to play!

Comment

RTC's are somewhat of a waste of time if your son/daughter are quality players - they generally keep almost everyone and the practice sessions are not quality as they coach to the lowest level. Once the teams are stripped down to the pools to prep for ODP Championships and Friendship Cup the trainins are great and well worth it

Comment

Give us a break... All clubs are not that perfect as to warrant that kids don't need touches of any kind outside their club. You're a fool of you really believe that

Comment

Give us a break... All clubs are not that perfect as to warrant that kids don't need touches of any kind outside their club. You're a fool of you really believe that
                      Then I guess you have to ask yourself "Is high school soccer or ODP worse...?"

Comment

?

Can you explain your question. Why would you have to ask that question?

Comment

There are HS teams in the area that are better than the state ODP teams.

Comment

The smaller clubs and clubs that don't focus on development are where the problems are. There ARE clubs in this area that provided all the training their players need.

Comment

this is an easy question....High School Soccer is the worst soccer on the planet.

the only thing similar to High School Soccer would be your DD's club team, they play the same style of game.

Comment

The smaller clubs and clubs that don't focus on development are where the problems are. There ARE clubs in this area that provided all the training their players need.
                                Who defines what each player "need"? Some players "want" to play more and be better. This would require extra training including ODP, private lessons, training on their own, etc. My son's club definitely does not give him all he needs. I wish we would have gone elsewhere and probably will next year. Until then he chooses to train on his own and do extra programs. It's also more fun for him. He meets new players and gets training from other coaches. Some day it would be nice for him to get more from his club but until then he chooses to add supplemental training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X