Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Vancouver Timbers ever Grow UP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The "GW" or rather GM was not given the power to keep the docs in line and when efforts were made the board did not support him. The board turned a blind eye when they knew the docs were an issue even before they hired the GM.
    from across the river we laughed at WT_FC's 4 DOC system. There is nothing like it in the area. Mind you it was a 4 DOC and GM. How do they support that payroll?

Bottomline, when they merged with the other club a few years ago they should all have applied for jobs after the first year of work.

Comment

from across the river we laughed at WT_FC's 4 DOC system. There is nothing like it in the area. Mind you it was a 4 DOC and GM. How do they support that payroll?

Bottomline, when they merged with the other club a few years ago they should all have applied for jobs after the first year of work.
      They merged officially at the start of 2013. And they obviously couldn't support that many paid positions, especially with the mass exodus of high-paying premier kids.

Comment

My understanding is that Eli was not given hiring and firing authority over the DoCs. Without that, he had both hands tied behind his back.
        Question: if Chester allowed this to happen, shouldn't he also take a walk?

Comment

PCU is what I heard. They have 3 be turf fields at Delta to use this winter...
          That is where he came from before WT*C. Not sure he left on the best terms since it was basically in the middle of the season.

Comment

WT-FC Job Application

I don't see a job listing for the GM or DOC position. Where do I find that so I can apply?

Comment

I don't see a job listing for the GM or DOC position. Where do I find that so I can apply?
              Call SD. He will surely send you the application information and the correct deadline for submittal. When you don't get a call for either an interview or the position, please understand that you were a "strong candidate" but the finally selected Autos-patrons/ex-DOCs simply had more experience and expertise in turf field implementation at Harmony.

Comment

They merged officially at the start of 2013. And they obviously couldn't support that many paid positions, especially with the mass exodus of high-paying premier kids.
                "high paying"?????

don't they charge something like $1,000 to play at Vantucky United?
                We pay $1,450 for my DD.

Comment

"high paying"?????

We pay $1,450 for my DD.
                  $1100 but that's high compared to the select and Rec fees. They can't afford to lose the premier players.

Comment

"high paying"?????

We pay $1,450 for my DD.
                    What did your $1450.00 include. We paid $1090.00 then another $300 for coaching fees and tournaments. Then $200 for the kit. $1600.00 before our first practice.
                    Not quite the $1090.00 they promote.

Comment

What did your $1450.00 include. We paid $1090.00 then another $300 for coaching fees and tournaments. Then $200 for the kit. $1600.00 before our first practice.
                      $1450- Club Fee - we looked at two other clubs in PDX (one at $1350 and another one at $1450)

$235-uniform
                      $280-tourney fees
                      $125-turf fees

our total was around $2100

I look at VAnctucky United and want to tell you guys that you get what you pay for.
                      I'm quite sure they were bleeding money at $1091 (why an odd number by the way??)

I figured my DD's $2100 incrementally by the hour...it ends up costing me about $5/hour for my daughter to learn life lessons, stay out of trouble and learn a wonderful game.

I would hope that you are not complaining about your $1600 total fees for your child...that is cheeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaap!

Comment

$1450- Club Fee - we looked at two other clubs in PDX (one at $1350 and another one at $1450)

$235-uniform
                        $280-tourney fees
                        $125-turf fees

I look at VAnctucky United and want to tell you guys that you get what you pay for.
                        I'm quite sure they were bleeding money at $1091 (why an odd number by the way??)

I figured my DD's $2100 incrementally by the hour...it ends up costing me about $5/hour for my daughter to learn life lessons, stay out of trouble and learn a wonderful game.

I would hope that you are not complaining about your $1600 total fees for your child...that is cheeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaap!
                        and it's even more up north...

add $2500 to your $1600 and that's the fees up north

Comment

$235-uniform
                          $280-tourney fees
                          $125-turf fees

Total bargain. Especially if you look at other sports and activities on an annualized basis.

Comment

At our club it costs $1495. For that we get 3 practices per week (with 4 coaches) all on turf and all home games on turf. Also includes all league and NWCL fees. Tournaments, kits, coach expenses are extra.

Comment

Effort and Sweat

The "GW" or rather GM was not given the power to keep the docs in line and when efforts were made the board did not support him. The board turned a blind eye when they knew the docs were an issue even before they hired the GM.
                              Yea, and I imagine he probably was making someone uncomfortable making them work. This has been the real issue for years as officially demonstrated in having FOUR DoCs.....too many chiefs and *no* Indians.

Comment

At our club it costs $1495. For that we get 3 practices per week (with 4 coaches) all on turf and all home games on turf. Also includes all league and NWCL fees. Tournaments, kits, coach expenses are extra.
                                OP about Timbers and 1600.00 a year. WHATS TURF? We have never seen any of that except when we play other teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X