New Delta Park Fields

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I understand correctly, DP was offered to the Oregon clubs & none of them were able to step up to the plate $$ wise.

This forum bitches about Harmony & the quality of fields & the club is proactive in acquiring quality locations & y'all are still complaining. Silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If I understand correctly, DP was offered to the Oregon clubs & none of them were able to step up to the plate $$ wise.

This forum bitches about Harmony & the quality of fields & the club is proactive in acquiring quality locations & y'all are still complaining. Silly.
      That's funny... I was one of the posters who called out harmony as the worst fields in the area...now that WATimber have apparently inked this delta deal I have to change my views of the club....maybe the vantucky club has some brainpower and we are all blind....if they have really got delta(which it's only a rumor right now) and they actually have been fiscally responsible even in this poor economy and doing all of this with a $1k player fee?????? I'd have to say wow and well done!
      Personally it seems like a made up dream

Comment

First they are training at Delta.

2nd they are travelling up to Seattle, Arlington, Bellingham, Yakima and Spokane for league play at the HS ages, awesome. Plus since I have a girl she can skip the crappy Oregon High School Season and play club soccer all year in Washingtion.

At the younger ages my child will only need to travel all over Washington for the State Cup or President's cup.. Even better.
        Hard to tell if this is sarcasm or not. Clearly, Wa provides more opportunity for top level competition. Everyone agrees on that. And Oregon HS soccer is absolutely weak at best so skipping it makes sense if you actually have a good player. So you must not be being sarcastic? At younger ages it hardly matters since most teams play OPL. Participating in Wa state cup is FAR superior to participating in the mangled weak mess that is Oregon state cup. Winning Wa actually means something. It would be a privilege. And the travel is really no biggie.

Comment

Hard to tell if this is sarcasm or not. Clearly, Wa provides more opportunity for top level competition. Everyone agrees on that. And Oregon HS soccer is absolutely weak at best so skipping it makes sense if you actually have a good player. So you must not be being sarcastic? At younger ages it hardly matters since most teams play OPL. Participating in Wa state cup is FAR superior to participating in the mangled weak mess that is Oregon state cup. Winning Wa actually means something. It would be a privilege. And the travel is really no biggie.
          Why skip girls HS? WA clubs shut down for the fall HS season just like OR clubs do. It's the boys HS seasons that don't match up.

Comment

That's funny... I was one of the posters who called out harmony as the worst fields in the area...now that WATimber have apparently inked this delta deal I have to change my views of the club....maybe the vantucky club has some brainpower and we are all blind....if they have really got delta(which it's only a rumor right now) and they actually have been fiscally responsible even in this poor economy and doing all of this with a $1k player fee?????? I'd have to say wow and well done!
            Personally it seems like a made up dream
            I can tell you it is not a rumor, it is for real. They are one of the main partners in this deal. obviously we don't know the details, but I wouldn't be surprised if delta is there home fields for OPL play for the majority of their games. I'm sure that would even make portland clubs happier dealing with WA timbers.

Comment

DD's former team's assistant coach was involved in this. I remember him talking about it, the paperwork was signed last year already according to him.

Comment

Not true at all.

Comment

Not true at all.
                  Actually fcpdx was offered first

Comment

There will be four fields ready by oct 1st
                    The main users will be Washington Timbers and PCU
                    They start construction Monday morning
                    Which Monday morning??? Another *** pipe dream?

Comment

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/455161

Portland Parks & Recreation, Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC Team Up for New Delta Park Soccer Fields

Comment

That must be like 45 minutes from Washougal if it ever happens...

Comment

Portland Parks & Recreation, Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC Team Up for New Delta Park Soccer Fields
                          So that's one field for the Timbers/Thorns by this fall. What about the other 3 for *** adn the other half dozen clubs involved? No date given for those fields.

Comment

That must be like 45 minutes from Washougal if it ever happens...
                            I live in camas and it takes 20 min. Washougal 30 min tops. For Vancouver it's a piece of cake. If Wa timbers did this its a bold and great move.

Comment

I live in camas and it takes 20 min. Washougal 30 min tops. For Vancouver it's a piece of cake. If Wa timbers did this its a bold and great move.
                              It's also part of the *** master plan to take over soccer in north Portland. Having almost all of Clark County isn't enough. Now they have to run PCU and NEU into the ground too, all the while providing a lesser quality service.

Comment

It's also part of the *** master plan to take over soccer in north Portland. Having almost all of Clark County isn't enough. Now they have to run PCU and NEU into the ground too, all the while providing a lesser quality service.
                                Lesser quality than PCU and NEU?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X