Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lol....I have t seen a quality coach leave the club in a loooooonnnng time.
    If they are poorly taken care of then why do they come back?
    You haven't seen quality coaches leaving, because there weren't any...lol
    Actually, b99 teams have new coaches this year. I wonder what happened to the old ones, maybe they weren't "quality coaches"...what do you think?

Comment

You haven't seen quality coaches leaving, because there weren't any...lol
      Actually, b99 teams have new coaches this year. I wonder what happened to the old ones, maybe they weren't "quality coaches"...what do you think?
      Those guys were bumped....does your club need to borrow some money? Is that why you're so negative? Call our treasurer, I'm sure we could work out a deal at 10% rate

Comment

They have way more money than clubs like thusc and eastside etc. their numbers are topping 3k. Everyone has more than FCp who seem to be backward.

Comment

Those guys were bumped....does your club need to borrow some money? Is that why you're so negative? Call our treasurer, I'm sure we could work out a deal at 10% rate
          Is that why they don't have a coach for their white team? ;p
          As car as the money, we're not in the money making business like WT. Player development is the priority.

Comment

Is that why they don't have a coach for their white team? ;p
            As car as the money, we're not in the money making business like WT. Player development is the priority.
            If you don't think having a load of money in bank is a good thing, you really are very stupid. More money = more opportunity = better development.

It's nice to have options. Someone decided that, financially, it made sense to take over Delta Park. Oregonians may not like it, but you can only swoop in and do that deal if you have money leverage to make the deal. I happen to think its very smart. I'd rather be in that position than not.

What club do YOU belong to where the development is so superior? You probably won't answer because you know it will be picked apart.

Comment

If you don't think having a load of money in bank is a good thing, you really are very stupid. More money = more opportunity = better development.

It's nice to have options. Someone decided that, financially, it made sense to take over Delta Park. Oregonians may not like it, but you can only swoop in and do that deal if you have money leverage to make the deal. I happen to think its very smart. I'd rather be in that position than not.

What club do YOU belong to where the development is so superior? You probably won't answer because you know it will be picked apart.
              If this whole Delta Park thing is true then that changes the landscape of PDX soccer again....I see the more successful clubs looking "regionally" rather than "locally" to combine talent and be successful. If this move by the WA Timbers is valid than it's one of the best moves this area has seen in a long while. They now have a centrally located training facility to draw any and every player from the PDX area.....certain age groups will benefit at WA Timbers where coaching is quality.....someone earlier said it is a 8 year deal? Can someone confirm this? I can only imagine what PDX soccer will look like at the end of this 8 year contract at Delta.....if I were a betting man I would say that if WA Timbers play their cards right from here on out they should be the place to play within 5 years.

My DD is in the Alliance and her agegroup is very strong at WA Timbers, trouble is, is that it is waaay too long of a drive for my family. I think my DD's club (Westside Timbers) has done an excellent job with the transition into this whole Alliance thing.
              If you look at WA Timbers with all they have put together over the past year without tripping and falling. It will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum going with a GM and the newly merged DOC's......do they have any administrative people, because having volunteers in these positions makes it tough. I've heard they do this all with only charging $1K???? Is that correct? They have to raise their fees, there is no way you can have all of those services right out of the shoot (Delta, GM, multiple paid DOC's) and not fail. Maybe the goal is to use up some of the $$$ that was saved to get this newly merged club off of the ground??
              Who knows....maybe they fall flat on their faces....I hope not...we need more financially stable clubs in the area to succeed.

Comment

If this whole Delta Park thing is true then that changes the landscape of PDX soccer again....I see the more successful clubs looking "regionally" rather than "locally" to combine talent and be successful. If this move by the WA Timbers is valid than it's one of the best moves this area has seen in a long while. They now have a centrally located training facility to draw any and every player from the PDX area.....certain age groups will benefit at WA Timbers where coaching is quality.....someone earlier said it is a 8 year deal? Can someone confirm this? I can only imagine what PDX soccer will look like at the end of this 8 year contract at Delta.....if I were a betting man I would say that if WA Timbers play their cards right from here on out they should be the place to play within 5 years.

My DD is in the Alliance and her agegroup is very strong at WA Timbers, trouble is, is that it is waaay too long of a drive for my family. I think my DD's club (Westside Timbers) has done an excellent job with the transition into this whole Alliance thing.
                If you look at WA Timbers with all they have put together over the past year without tripping and falling. It will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum going with a GM and the newly merged DOC's......do they have any administrative people, because having volunteers in these positions makes it tough. I've heard they do this all with only charging $1K???? Is that correct? They have to raise their fees, there is no way you can have all of those services right out of the shoot (Delta, GM, multiple paid DOC's) and not fail. Maybe the goal is to use up some of the $$$ that was saved to get this newly merged club off of the ground??
                Who knows....maybe they fall flat on their faces....I hope not...we need more financially stable clubs in the area to succeed.
                WST, Crossfire, THUSC are better watch out, most of their players just about to jump ship and join WT, since it is now a model of a soccer player development!!!

Comment

WST, Crossfire, THUSC are better watch out, most of their players just about to jump ship and join WT, since it is now a model of a soccer player development!!!
                  Putting THUSC and WST in same breath as xfire is just ridiculous. Wa timbers is no xfire either but I would put it closer to crossfire than THUSC w/o blinking. WST and WT are pretty comparable right now and definitely above THUSC. THUSC has zero boys teams and a couple great girls teams. Heck THUSC can only claim good soccer on the girls side but Wa timbers are stronger at u14 all the way down to u10.

Comment

Don't forget that PCU also has a financial investment & interest in the development of turf fields at Delta Park. It makes $$ spent by WT more practical.

Comment

Don't forget that PCU also has a financial investment & interest in the development of turf fields at Delta Park. It makes $$ spent by WT more practical.
                      Its going to be really really interesting to see the dynamics that come into play after this. Just a few thoughts: Wa Timbers and PCU seem to have a pretty good friendship going on between them. From my perspective it seems that PCU has accepted that there teams are at a lessor talent level than the top clubs, but they seem okay with that. They know their Niche and are hitting it. It will be really interesting to see if in the next year or two you see the top players from PCU and NEU all migrate to Wa timbers especially if their premier teams starting using delta park on a regular basis for practice. Obviously it might help other Oregon kids, but I see it hitting PCU/SESC/NEU the most. That is where a good relationship between PCU and Wa timbesr might work out so well because probably less recruiting and burning bridges there versus going after NEU players.

Comment

Plain and simple.

Everyone in pdx is fighting for fields and its going to get worse.

Pcu gives it to wa timbers because at this point they don't compete for players.

Why give it to their competitors who are
                        Hurting for fields.

Plain and simple

Comment

Putting THUSC and WST in same breath as xfire is just ridiculous. Wa timbers is no xfire either but I would put it closer to crossfire than THUSC w/o blinking. WST and WT are pretty comparable right now and definitely above THUSC. THUSC has zero boys teams and a couple great girls teams. Heck THUSC can only claim good soccer on the girls side but Wa timbers are stronger at u14 all the way down to u10.
                          OSSA Crossfire you dope.

Comment

2 to 5 times a week

to travel I-5 north from the westside or even LO.

That's the ideal regional center I want to get it from 4pm to 7pm on a weeknight.

Good God...unless I was in the Portland Timbers development Academy there is no cause to endure this gridlock and headache commute.

hmmmm...guess who will have a new training center home at delta park...you guessed it.

Comment

Count me in for the Washington Timbers

First they are training at Delta.

2nd they are travelling up to Seattle, Arlington, Bellingham, Yakima and Spokane for league play at the HS ages, awesome. Plus since I have a girl she can skip the crappy Oregon High School Season and play club soccer all year in Washingtion.

At the younger ages my child will only need to travel all over Washington for the State Cup or President's cup.. Even better.

Comment

OSSA Crossfire you dope.
                                Then say that you freaking dip****. When people say Crossfire, we think REAL crossfire.... not subpar, illegitimate Ossa crossfire.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X