•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with Florida State, Cornell and Columbia

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Girls from Oregon who play in the ACC or elite NCAA D1 Women's Soccer teams. I guess we can read between the lines and realize that's exactly what we are missing. Touche'
      What? Just because it doesn't fit your definition of elite, it doesn't mean that it isn't elite. As far as the definition of the word cretin goes, I think you fit mine as well as dozens of other people's.

Comment

Results and on field performance is the only measure we have

Elite Division I Women's Soccer program(s) are not a subjective class or an opinion.

Teams earn their way to Elite Status.

Teams that get to the final 8 of the NCAA tourney year after year are Elite.

No one can argue with that.

Please tell me how teams who finish in the TOP 8 year after year ad not be considered elite.
        You can't.

The playing field doesn't tell stories, people on this forum do.

Comment

Or Penn?

Comment

Perfectly Represented

Elite Division I Women's Soccer program(s) are not a subjective class or an opinion.

Teams earn their way to Elite Status.

Teams that get to the final 8 of the NCAA tourney year after year are Elite.

No one can argue with that.

Please tell me how teams who finish in the TOP 8 year after year ad not be considered elite.
            You can't.

The playing field doesn't tell stories, people on this forum do.
            Since you luvvvv statistic's how abut you consider the following in your analysis. Those 8 Elite programs add on average 5 players each year or 40 total. Out of a 312 million US population a 3.5 million Oregon should send how many? Lets see roughly 1% of the population so we should send .4 players player's every year or 1 every third year.

I think we are on a 4 year cycle currently. If we include local players making significant contributions to the UP, which until this last year was an Elite women's program, we are exceeding our relative population.

What I'm pointing out is that if you look at the vast majority of 3.5 million metro areas they will have similar representations on your elite programs.

Lastly you assume that those that can WANT to play at that level.

Comment

Or Penn?
              According to the guy whose daughter is through college and who never played college soccer, they aren't final 8 programs year after year.

Comment

According to the guy whose daughter is through college and who never played college soccer, they aren't final 8 programs year after year.
                Hoping your dd makes it to Florida State should not be the goal. The best academic college should be the goal, with soccer a distant second in priority.

Comment

Wonder if ECNL haters are going to get more desperate if the local ecnl teams actually win some matches and costs come in under the estimates?

Comment

Wonder if ECNL haters are going to get more desperate if the local ecnl teams actually win some matches and costs come in under the estimates?
                    Thankfully we don't have to worry about that. And you could prove us wrong by lining up a bunch of great offers. However, once again, we don't have to worry abou that.

Comment

Thankfully we don't have to worry about that. And you could prove us wrong by lining up a bunch of great offers. However, once again, we don't have to worry abou that.
                      A little ambitious considering they haven't played a match yet. They are going to do fine. Just go enjoy the FWRL.

Comment

A little ambitious considering they haven't played a match yet. They are going to do fine. Just go enjoy the FWRL.
                        Ambitious no. Realistic, yes.

Comment

Ambitious no. Realistic, yes.
                          Apparently, on yet another ECNL thread someone commented the FCP U14's trip to Utah was about 50% of what was estimated on their web site. That included the additional costs of going to Seattle in that. Looking at the ECNL web site they even won a match, although it was Utah not a WA or CA team.

Comment

Apparently, on yet another ECNL thread someone commented the FCP U14's trip to Utah was about 50% of what was estimated on their web site. That included the additional costs of going to Seattle in that. Looking at the ECNL web site they even won a match, although it was Utah not a WA or CA team.
                            A Utah team that no other Oregon team would be able to come close to even playing with...

Comment

Hoping your dd makes it to Florida State should not be the goal. The best academic college should be the goal, with soccer a distant second in priority.
                              I think that's what most parents want. The comment was more directed to the guy who doesn't think that Oregon players go to top programs, which by the way are programs he designates as top. As for me, and likely most parents, I'd trade Dartmouth for FSU any time. I don't care if FSU could beat them 6-0, I care about the diploma. That said, an education from FSU is pretty good and is nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

A Utah team that no other Oregon team would be able to come close to even playing with...
                                Give the hyperbole a rest dad. We know you are proud of your dd.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X